Darrell Bevell and the Lions

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
You guys seen any Lions games?

Bevell has been calling some good pass plays.

I always wished Bevell well. He seems to be in a good role.

It’s more apparent now how handcuffed the Seahawks offense is with Carroll at the helms.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":22p31a3q said:

It’s more apparent now how handcuffed the Seahawks offense is with Carroll at the helms.
:roll:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Lion fans aren't too excited about him either. The Lions also have really struggled in the end zone.

xray

Reaction score
Bevell was not a bad OC . not even close to bad . IMO

kobebryant

Reaction score
I thought Bevell was decent. And there was really only so much that could be expected of him when handicapped by a Cable coached offensive line, which ultimately fell on Pete for not addressing the Cable issue in a timely manner.

knownone

Reaction score
The Lions have the 12th ranked offense, and Stafford is having one of the best years of his career. This is kind of what i'd expect from Bevell. He was never the problem with the Hawks offense. Tom Cable and our ragtag offensive line was the problem.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The Lions redzone TD % is around 61% which is higher than any season Bevell has had with the Seahawks.

The Oline was so bad during his time in Seattle the team could not convert short yardage in the red zone and were god awful in goal-line situations.

Say what you will about Brian Schottenheimer but he has figured out red zone offenses. His last season with the Jets his team was scoring around 60% TDs on red zone trips. Since he has gotten to Seattle those percentages have been 65% and 67% both putting the Seahawks in the top ten of the NFL.

xray

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ej4jcgn said:
xray":2ej4jcgn said:
Bevell was not a bad OC . not even close to bad . IMO

Not a ringing endorsement
Sorry...let me know if I post something you approve of .

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3lafedw5 said:

Yeah, he's great between the 20s. You see that GB game where they kicked 5 FGs cuz they stralled in the red zone like happened in Seattle?

The points about Cable and the o-line are legit too though.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bevell/Solari > Schotty/Solari

But it is splitting hairs. They are both average to below average turds

Threedee

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1gmrwqjr said:

F Bevell. I do not wish him well.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Threedee":2u52c9wq said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2u52c9wq said:

F Bevell. I do not wish him well.
Seriously? I mean the man called a bad play in the Super Bowl yes, I get it, but Bevell was far from the only problems Seattle had on offense.

I wish him well, he wasn’t bad, he was just handcuffed.

olyfan63

Reaction score
No real reason to hate that hard on Bevell for his production in Seattle anymore, when in hindsight trying to make *ANY* play work behind a Cable offensive line is going to be a wing and a prayer job.

However, it's fair to hate on Bevell FOREVER for throwing Ricardo Lockette under the bus instead of accepting responsibility for his failings in the playcall and his own failure to recognize the matchup issues with the personnel he put out there. I've never heard that Bevell has ever apologized to Lockette or accepted responsibility for his part of the failure.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
olyfan63":ir63oeum said:
No real reason to hate that hard on Bevell for his production in Seattle anymore

It makes people feel good.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1umzx81q said:
olyfan63":1umzx81q said:
No real reason to hate that hard on Bevell for his production in Seattle anymore

It makes people feel good.

“I drink because it feels good. I killed my husband because it felt good to be rid of him. I screw my brother because it feels good to feel him inside me. I lie about screwing my brother because it feels good to keep our son safe from hateful hypocrites” – Cersei Lannister

Edited from direct quote for language.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
olyfan63":3gb6cxt5 said:
No real reason to hate that hard on Bevell for his production in Seattle anymore, when in hindsight trying to make *ANY* play work behind a Cable offensive line is going to be a wing and a prayer job.

However, it's fair to hate on Bevell FOREVER for throwing Ricardo Lockette under the bus instead of accepting responsibility for his failings in the playcall and his own failure to recognize the matchup issues with the personnel he put out there. I've never heard that Bevell has ever apologized to Lockette or accepted responsibility for his part of the failure.
So much this! &$@% Bevell!
He never took responsibility for his part in the “2nd and wrong”.
He Blamed it solely on the “execution”. You show me a coach that blames failed plays 100% on execution, and I’ll show you a shitty play caller.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
olyfan63":2anfi5oo said:
..........However, it's fair to hate on Bevell FOREVER for throwing Ricardo Lockette under the bus instead of accepting responsibility for his failings in the playcall and his own failure to recognize the matchup issues with the personnel he put out there. I've never heard that Bevell has ever apologized to Lockette or accepted responsibility for his part of the failure.
This. Still say (and always will) this was as much a part of the unraveling of the locker room as jealousy of the treatment of Russ, maybe more. I will always believe that because he never accepted responsibility and even worse blamed Ricardo for it, Pete should've seen to it that he "resigned" that offseason.

Latest posts