Adrian Petterson

CPHawk

Reaction score
Does anyone care that he isn't for gay marriage? On the radio today the host is sure making him out to be some villain because he answer the question honestly and wasn't PC about his feelings.

I might be in the minority, but someone being honest and not just speaking out of both sides of their mouth, whether I agree or not, is refreshing nowadays.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Cudo's to AP. I personally could care less either way. Kind of think the whole thing is just sensationalizing the gay culture but there should be no problem with someone who doesn't support the lifestyle as long as they aren't as dumb as Culliver and don't make it physical or a crusade.

The other subject that has been out recently is the topic of gay boy scout troop leaders. To me this is again sensationalizing. Anyone who thinks the boy scouts or any other troop should have a clue about their troop leaders sexual preferences needs to be taken out back. Should they be troop leaders? Absolutely if they are as qualified as anyone else but just like if they were straight, it should never be even an after thought as far as the kids are concerned.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
You're certainly allowed to have any opinion you want, however don't be surprised when you receive backlash for expressing said opinion, especially when its bigoted and archaic.

This has nothing to do with being "pc" and no I don't mean pete carrol.

nategreat

Reaction score
No, I don't care what he says. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and it's great that he's being truthful. And in this instance, I agree with him. I am against it as well. So get mad.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
look@dafilm":2k20vjpt said:
You're certainly allowed to have any opinion you want, however don't be surprised when you receive backlash for expressing said opinion, especially when its bigoted and archaic.

But who is being bigoted? The guy who doesn't approve of the gay lifestyle? or the guys who would chastise you for not thinking like they do? The door swings both ways.

I wouldn't bash a gay person because they didn't approve of my hetero sexual lifestyle.

pinksheets

Reaction score
RichNhansom":rcqi7oqk said:
look@dafilm":rcqi7oqk said:

But who is being bigoted? The guy who doesn't approve of the gay lifestyle? or the guys who would chastise you for not thinking like they do? The door swings both ways.

I wouldn't bash a gay person because they didn't approve of my hetero sexual lifestyle.
If it were interracial marriage would we be talking about the door swinging both ways?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Peterson is the same guy who called players "slaves" during the lockout. Damn good running back, though. I'd pay to watch him do his real job.

Sac

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1i7ajctf said:
look@dafilm":1i7ajctf said:

That's funny. You say "lifestyle" as though it were a choice. Do you choose to be straight? Or are you just straight?

look@dafilm

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1ao0g1j5 said:
RichNhansom":1ao0g1j5 said:
look@dafilm":1ao0g1j5 said:

That's funny. You say "lifestyle" as though it were a choice. Do you choose to be straight? Or are you just straight?

Agreed. That type of thinking is what bugs the crap out of me about the whole gay "debate" issue: presenting both sides as equal. "well, I'll believe this...so you just have to respect that because I believe it! its no different than you believing that." Umm, yes it is. In America you are entitled to any opinion/belief you want, doesn't mean you aren't wrong. Thinking gay couples shouldn't be able to marry, or thinking gay people can't do this or that, because you don't like it is wrong.

nategreat

Reaction score
look@dafilm":2p4t6pic said:
Agreed. That type of thinking is what bugs the crap out of me about the whole gay "debate" issue: presenting both sides as equal. "well, I'll believe this...so you just have to respect that because I believe it! its no different than you believing that." Umm, yes it is. In America you are entitled to any opinion/belief you want, doesn't mean you aren't wrong. Thinking gay couples shouldn't be able to marry, or thinking gay people can't do this or that, because you don't like it is wrong.

It's a slippery slope. I don't support gay marriage, but in America, people have the right to choose. I believe in the right to choose. In terms of right or wrong, that's a whole different debate we won't get into. You're a Niner's fan though, so your opinion is understandable, what with all the gay people in San Francisco and everything. To each their own. It's hard to determine "right" and "wrong" when people base it off of different things. Religion, politics, etc. There will never be a universal right and wrong.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2jitr1fn said:
RichNhansom":2jitr1fn said:
look@dafilm":2jitr1fn said:

It is a choice period. You could choose to be metro sexual or a munk for that matter. Participating is what makes it a life style. Do you think pedophiles choose to be attracted to children?

pinksheets

Reaction score
Ok. So if he said "I don't think Jewish people should be allowed to get married," that'd be fine, too, since it's a lifestyle choice, right? Same with Christians, Mormons, Muslims, and so on an so on? Nice work with the sly gay to pedophile equivalence bullshit, too.

Why can't gay people just avoid bringing themselves happiness, love, and all the things heterosexual people are able to attain by pursuing their romantic desires as to make the lowest common denominator types in this world more comfortable?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Honestly though, who cares? Why would a radio show host care enough to ask? And why do we care what AP or someone who believes in it thinks? People are so damn sensitive. I hate you all.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
look@dafilm":sozz617d said:
SacHawk2.0":sozz617d said:
RichNhansom":sozz617d said:

I don't really understand what your point is but I never said I was against Gay marriage or that a gay person couldn't do anything. To be honest though I see it as sensationalizing the gay life style. Really is there any benefit to gay marriage? Can't you name anyone as your partner for insurance purposes? Can't a will resolve any issues that could be settled otherwise?

Personally I could care less about the gay marriage issue. I just think it is getting pushed as something to force it more into the main stream of acceptance. I have a bigger problem with someone trying to tell me that I am wrong because I consider it a lifestyle and not one I choose to be part of.

It's not like I don't have gay friends. I do but I don't want to see them making out or hear about they're sexual exploits. If I were hiring and an applicant was open about being gay it would have zero input as to a decision. I wouldn't tell my kids they couldn't hang out with someone that was gay. If my best friend came out of the closet it wouldn't change him being my best friend. If one of my kids said they were gay I would be completely supportive of them in any way I could and wouldn't judge them because of it.

It really is a minor issue unless someone wants to push it as an issue. That's when you are starting to tread into the wright or wrong area of the subject. I don't have a problem with someone supporting the lifestyle as well as the other way around. That is pretty much all.

[/quote]

RichNhansom

Reaction score
pinksheets":22yoogc8 said:
Ok. So if he said "I don't think Jewish people should be allowed to get married," that'd be fine, too, since it's a lifestyle choice, right? Same with Christians, Mormons, Muslims, and so on an so on? Nice work with the sly gay to pedophile equivalence bullshit, too.

Why can't gay people just avoid bringing themselves happiness, love, and all the things heterosexual people are able to attain by pursuing their romantic desires as to make the lowest common denominator types in this world more comfortable?

Your turning this into a bashing event by twisting words. The example I gave was completely valid regarding lifestyle. You are twisting my words to make it sound like I am some kind of gay basher. I'm not but don't support that lifestyle either.

Sometimes folks should be careful what arguments they pick because you can turn people off that might have been supportive otherwise. You really shouldn't have a problem with someone who chooses to not endorse the gay lifestyle as long as they are not doing the opposite either.

I could care less about others sexual preferences. if you love two girls one cup then more power to you as long as your not hurting anyone or influencing anyone else while doing so. people should be free to make their own decisions about sexuality and as long as it isn't hurting others it shouldn't be an issue.

pinksheets

Reaction score
We're speaking two different languages here. My mama always told me if you have nothing nice to say.....so I'm done. Always top of the line, Rich.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, perhaps the biggest reason for approving gay marriage isn't just about marriage itself but showing that homosexuals aren't lesser people (because they aren't). It took until sometime in the 60's or early 70's to get homosexuality taken off the list of psychological "disorders" and that minor change did wonders for them. Now it's time to knock off another piece of ignorant legislation, and it's disheartening that so many our citizens are such laggards about absolving us of this on-going error in judgment. If it's AP opinion that this shouldn't be done, then he's entitled to have that opinion, but it's still wrong, and we have the right and moral obligation to say so.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
As a grown ass single man I just want to jump in here and say i'm completely against Straight marriage. Don't know why any of you fools do it.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
nategreat":2a6r7ae5 said:
look@dafilm":2a6r7ae5 said:

It's a slippery slope. I don't support gay marriage, but in America, people have the right to choose. I believe in the right to choose. In terms of right or wrong, that's a whole different debate we won't get into. You're a Niner's fan though, so your opinion is understandable, what with all the gay people in San Francisco and everything. To each their own. It's hard to determine "right" and "wrong" when people base it off of different things. Religion, politics, etc. There will never be a universal right and wrong.

Is that some sort of a shot at me? if it is its a pretty bad one and if its not that has nothing to do with my reasoning. thats in fact another pet peeve of mine, everything having to be relative to me to give a crap. can't I support something/not support something just because its right or not because its wrong?

Latest posts