Adrian Petterson

look@dafilm

Reaction score
RichNhansom":w8lgijtt said:
It is a choice period. You could choose to be metro sexual or a munk for that matter. Participating is what makes it a life style. Do you think pedophiles choose to be attracted to children?

I'm curious about what you choose to be. Because in my mind, with all the persecution gay people face, I cannot for the life of me figure out why someone would "choose" to be gay.

look@dafilm

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3urfiv4c said:
I don't really understand what your point is but I never said I was against Gay marriage or that a gay person couldn't do anything. To be honest though I see it as sensationalizing the gay life style. Really is there any benefit to gay marriage? Can't you name anyone as your partner for insurance purposes? Can't a will resolve any issues that could be settled otherwise?

Personally I could care less about the gay marriage issue. I just think it is getting pushed as something to force it more into the main stream of acceptance. I have a bigger problem with someone trying to tell me that I am wrong because I consider it a lifestyle and not one I choose to be part of.

It's not like I don't have gay friends. I do but I don't want to see them making out or hear about they're sexual exploits. If I were hiring and an applicant was open about being gay it would have zero input as to a decision. I wouldn't tell my kids they couldn't hang out with someone that was gay. If my best friend came out of the closet it wouldn't change him being my best friend. If one of my kids said they were gay I would be completely supportive of them in any way I could and wouldn't judge them because of it.

It really is a minor issue unless someone wants to push it as an issue. That's when you are starting to tread into the wright or wrong area of the subject. I don't have a problem with someone supporting the lifestyle as well as the other way around. That is pretty much all.[/color]
[/quote]

Ah i see, the whole "gay agenda" argument, a big part of the reason there was DADT. Tell me, do you get uncomfortable hearing about straight peoples "sexual exploits" or seeing them makeout? Also, just to pique my curiosity, how exactly is granting gay people the same rights to marriage that everyone else has "sensationalizing the gay lifestyle"? whatever the eff that means.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Throwdown":37fvnjo8 said:
Honestly though, who cares? Why would a radio show host care enough to ask? And why do we care what AP or someone who believes in it thinks? People are so damn sensitive. I hate you all.

I agree. If someone is asked their opinion on something and they state their opinion, then I don't see what the problem is.

I hate how everyone has become so demanding of political correctness. Political correctness only makes people afraid to state what they truly believe, and when people are afraid to state what they truly believe, then society will fail to advance.

pinksheets

Reaction score
But should public figures be able to say whatever they want with us just saying "well that's fine, that's their opinion"? I think that's a fair and interesting question. AP shouldn't be cut because of his opinion or anything, but we should be free to judge him for it. Just like people did with John Rocker. I mean at what point do we move from "that's just the PC police!" to "that's a bigoted opinion that's actually kind of embarrassing for you, I'd keep that to yourself"? I mean, I think we're undeniably at the point now where people who are against gay rights or against gay marriage will be the people their children or grandchildren explain away, embarrassingly, as "well it was a different time then," right?

Let me throw in that I think it's pretty dumb to ask some meathead football jock for his opinion on pressing sociopolitical issues of the day. It doesn't really enrich the public dialogue and it does put what should be fairly apolitical figures into a pinch.

nategreat

Reaction score
look@dafilm":1v3tfk40 said:
Is that some sort of a shot at me? if it is its a pretty bad one and if its not that has nothing to do with my reasoning. thats in fact another pet peeve of mine, everything having to be relative to me to give a crap. can't I support something/not support something just because its right or not because its wrong?

That was not a shot at you. I'm done here, though- I don't care enough about this issue to continue. I posted initially in regards to AP, and that's what I came for.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Wow, an athlete said something stupid. I'm shocked.

Reason number infinity why I care less about athletes as people and just watch games for entertainment.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
RichNhansom":kmoxlcuw said:
It is a choice period. You could choose to be metro sexual or a munk for that matter. Participating is what makes it a life style. Do you think pedophiles choose to be attracted to children?

Homosexuality and bisexuality isn't a choice. There are people who aren't naturally homosexual who choose to have homosexual relationships, as well as homosexuals who choose to have straight relationships, but these are exceptions and they don't disprove the rule. Homosexuals are naturally predisposed for being attracted to members of the same gender just like straight people are naturally predisposed to be attracted to the opposite sex. Scientists have put straights and homosexuals into MRIs and watched their brain activity as they show their test subjects various pictures of people of both genders. All the machinery in the brain worked the same in both gays and straights with the only difference being the gender of who they found attractive. In other words, there's no mental disorders, psychological traumas, or personal choices being made in regard to attraction for homosexuals. These hypothesis have been tested and they all came up false. The participation of gays in gay lifestyles happens by default because they're born that way.

Pedophilia, on the other hand, typically extends from some real psychological disorders and traumas experienced early in their childhoods. Perpetrators of pedophilia are usually first victims of pedophilia or some other deeply traumatic event in their early childhoods first.

themunn

Reaction score
JSeahawks":378a2amf said:
As a grown ass single man I just want to jump in here and say i'm completely against Straight marriage. Don't know why any of you fools do it.

quite a lot of married men out there agree with you

RichNhansom

Reaction score
So where does everyone stand on poligamy? Or cousins marrying? What about a brother and sister?

Isn't marriage a religious union?

The more I think about this the more I'm against it. I really don't see any legal benefit so it must be about changing religion or public opinion. Why do you care what someone else thinks if they aren't doing you any harm? Why not just start your ownreligion?

Sac

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1559xp8p said:

The more I think about this the more I'm against it. I really don't see any legal benefit so it must be about changing religion or public opinion.

Marriage is a legal union that provides tangible legal benefits to the parties involved. Those benefits are far greater than those provided to people in civil unions.

Tax benefits
Automatic power of attorney
Death benefits
etc

You want to claim that marriage is a religious union but there are plenty of people who are of different religions or not religious at all that get married every day.

hawker84

Reaction score
If it were interracial marriage would we be talking about the door swinging both ways?

Good for AP, sticking to his own beliefs and not be skiddish about who knows it.

i'm against marriage period.. anything that you can buy for $100 but cost you $1000's to sell can't be good.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3tgpkq9t said:
So where does everyone stand on poligamy? Or cousins marrying? What about a brother and sister?

The more I think about this the more I'm against it. I really don't see any legal benefit so it must be about changing religion or public opinion. Why do you care what someone else thinks if they aren't doing you any harm? Why not just start your ownreligion?

2 things you do not understand: 1) Homosexuality is not choice for the vast majority of homosexuals, and 2) Marriage is a legal union, which confers numerous legal and emotional benefits on the partners.

Your way of thinking is outdated, and I am happy to say that the tide is finally turning against this type of bigotry.

Oh, and to the post at hand, Peterson said that NFL players were treated like slaves during the lockout. Not sure he is a very insightful source for social commentary.

Sac

Reaction score
hawker84":3i79h0mr said:
If it were interracial marriage would we be talking about the door swinging both ways?

Good for AP, sticking to his own beliefs and not be skiddish about who knows it.

...interracial marriage is legal...what the **** is this even supposed to mean?

hawker84

Reaction score
not sure how that posted like that.. i didn't write the first sentence, i quoted it, i wrote the second sentence.

pehawk

Reaction score
What about gay interracial marriage...no way thats legal...right?

Subzero717

Reaction score
pehawk":16nr66ic said:
What about gay interracial marriage...no way thats legal...right?

As long as they are midgets they have a legal exemption through the first of the year.

Sac

Reaction score
Passepartout":2dqtxu8k said:
Well that is Adrian's opinion. Just agree to disagree with it. If you do not agree with him. Respect it, if not like it.

I don't have to respect his opinion any more than the opinion of my late grandmother that my father shouldn't have married someone of a different ethnicity.

pehawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":318wfzxa said:
Passepartout":318wfzxa said:
Well that is Adrian's opinion. Just agree to disagree with it. If you do not agree with him. Respect it, if not like it.

I don't have to respect his opinion any more than the opinion of my late grandmother that my father shouldn't have married someone of a different ethnicity.

That's not racist. I feel identical to your grandmother, simply because you wouldn't have been born.

Don't get it twisted.

Latest posts