Jairus Byrd is someone we should be keeping an eye on.....

bigcc

Reaction score
Reportedly turned down a deal that at least started at 3/30.....

Obviously resigning with the bills is a completely different situation, but turning down a deal that would make him the top paid safety does not bode well for what ET will cost.

uncle fester

Reaction score
He could be waiting to see what Earl gets, before demanding more. Earl could be waiting to see what Byrd gets. This could take a while...

OP
OP
B

bigcc

Reaction score
uncle fester":2r8krsx7 said:
He could be waiting to see what Earl gets, before demanding more. Earl could be waiting to see what Byrd gets. This could take a while...

Seeing as Byrd is a FA and ET isn't I somehow doubt he's waiting on Earl

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I would think these guys would at least consider how their teams are situated financially. IMO, Byrd can only be looking elsewhere when he increases his price, because the Bills are a woeful organization and not flush with cash by NFL standards. As much as I would like to think that Earl wants to remain a Hawk regardless of pay, I don't know if such players exist in today's NFL.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I doubt that it's about the money per year as it is about the amount of years. I'm guessing Byrd wants a 5 or 6 year deal at 10 million a year.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Yup. Turned down an offer to be highest paid safety in league at 10 a season average. Yet, Ive been blasted for simply relaying a report that Thomas wants thst plus. Thomas is in no hurry to sign and he and his agent are going to watch this and ask for more.

On another note I recall an interview where LOB acknowledged wanting to stay together even if it meant taking less. Hahaha. It always sounds good at the time. Then their agents get involved.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
uncle fester":22jxnkwx said:

No, he's telling the Bills "If you want me to keep playing in this god forsaken land and joke of an organization, you better give me Mario Williams money."

mjwhitay

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":ihy9pmgx said:
Yup. Turned down an offer to be highest paid safety in league at 10 a season average. Yet, Ive been blasted for simply relaying a report that Thomas wants thst plus. Thomas is in no hurry to sign and he and his agent are going to watch this and ask for more.

On another note I recall an interview where LOB acknowledged wanting to stay together even if it meant taking less. Hahaha. It always sounds good at the time. Then their agents get involved.

Agents getting involved is one thing, but there is an advantage to staying together, remaining as the Legion of Boom and winning titles. makes them more marketable as a group than if they were to all go separate places.

Funny to say this, considering Seattle is 'southern Alaska', but this team, with this core and the built in marketability of the LOB, probably provides these guys with more opportunities off the field than almost anywhere else. Washington also doesn't have state income tax.

I just feel like there are lots of reasons to re-sign here and I think they all will. The allure of cementing yourselves as the best defense ever and pulling out a legit dynasty... That probably doesn't hurt the team's chances of re-signing them either.

Subzero717

Reaction score
↑ Not saying your wrong but theyve already won a SB. You cant take that away. Being the LOB and selling Tshirts doesnt equal the millions they could make elsewhere as opposed to taking a "hometown" discount. They also are aware this is a business and they need to look no further than Red Bryant to realize. Their careers are short. I dont and wouldnt blame any of them for wanting to maximize their earnings.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1cyukrj9 said:
uncle fester":1cyukrj9 said:

No, he's telling the Bills "If you want me to keep playing in this god forsaken land and joke of an organization, you better give me Mario Williams money."

This. What if he doesnt want to play for the Bills

rigelian

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":14720dea said:
Sgt. Largent":14720dea said:
uncle fester":14720dea said:

This. What if he doesnt want to play for the Bills

That's the story I'm hearing. He wants out of Buffalo. He might sign for less somewhere else.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why give the Bills any kind of home town discount? They won't invest the money right anyways, and Byrd would play 12 years on losing teams.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1ke3xmav said:
↑ Not saying your wrong but theyve already won a SB. You cant take that away. Being the LOB and selling Tshirts doesnt equal the millions they could make elsewhere as opposed to taking a "hometown" discount. They also are aware this is a business and they need to look no further than Red Bryant to realize. Their careers are short. I dont and wouldnt blame any of them for wanting to maximize their earnings.
Red Bryant will get big money no problem, the reason why we cut him is that we perfectly good alternatives already on the roster at far cheaper prices.

Subzero717

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2bx6txsp said:
CALIHAWK1":2bx6txsp said:
Red Bryant will get big money no problem, the reason why we cut him is that we perfectly good alternatives already on the roster at far cheaper prices.

Red Bryant isnt going to make close to the 8 and whatever he was scheduled to make here. What team is kicking down the door to pay high dollar for a guy that played 30% of snaps?

That and you somewhat made my point. They know as soon as their is a cheaper alternative they are done. Their careers are short and contracts not garunteed. A blown knee, a neck injury whatever. The fantasty land that some are under the impression of that these guys are all going to stay for under their market value is silly.

What does LOB equate to exactly?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He will get higher than what we have to pay his career is far from over. What do you mean by what does LoB equate to?