Google Maps trolling the Santa Clara 49ers

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Huh. Wonder what they're gonna do about parking for the games. Looks like they have three options: 1) rip up the electrical substation and build a parking lot there, 2) steal the parking at the Great America Theme Park next door, or 3) put a couple of hi-rise garages between the stadium and the golf course. At least getting out after a game will be easier than the bottleneck at Candlestick was.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
For the life of me, I don't understand why sports stadiums don't just build one giant parking garage. You don't need to have regular outdoor parking lots that take up a billion square miles.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Looks like crap. Even in the finished photos. Makes me want to puke.

Maybe Godzilla will poke up out of the Bay, see it and confuse it for a Dino-Toilet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":qb0qb6vq said:
For the life of me, I don't understand why sports stadiums don't just build one giant parking garage. You don't need to have regular outdoor parking lots that take up a billion square miles.
That either be quite a huge hole and or high rise. Takes forever to get out of the stadium ones from my experience.
But it's SF so &$@% 'em! :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3dglia9l said:
That either be quite a huge hole and or high rise. Takes forever to get out of the stadium ones from my experience.
But it's SF so &$@% 'em! :)

I remember reading an article years ago about some construction company that built a huge parking garage that had exits on all four sides of the building, emptying onto three different streets. Compared to the usual "single lane in, single lane out" parking garage type, it's brilliant. I see no reason why a huge one can't just be built in the current CLink parking lot.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Some colleges would be better off doing the same thing. I wondered why we did not have a high rise parking garage when I went to the Kingdome in 78. Our pickup and trailer would probably not have fit, but it would have been a better idea....maybe that was for the Mariners games....I cant recall....

Brahn

Reaction score
hawknation2014":a0mw21aj said:
Seahawks own them . . . they can run but they can't hide.

I imagine Niners fans could take pride in this photo. If you did not know the outcome of this play, that photo would almost make you believe Crabtree is about to catch the game winner(with Sherman being out of position).

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":dsgmuwcl said:

Tailgating.

Fumes from BBQs in a parking garage isn't a great combo.

That was one of the things that ended up sinking the Niners new stadium on the Candlestick site....it would have required building the worlds largest parking garage.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":27x8wpr5 said:
If that is a recent pic, they have their work cut out.

Its fairly old.

From Today. BTW, the beige looking seats are actually boxes covering the club seats. All seats are red.

Stgrass zps14eb6b52

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
If they share that stadium with the Raiders (I highly doubt there are any other solutions), there is no way they will be able to keep those seats a shiny red color. They will have to repaint them all a lighter neutral color like The Meadowlands.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2oftbfrd said:
If they share that stadium with the Raiders (I highly doubt there are any other solutions), there is no way they will be able to keep those seats a shiny red color. They will have to repaint them all a lighter neutral color like The Meadowlands.

Seats are MOLDED in red. Not painted.

They also ALL have SF logo molded into them.

Seats won't change for Raiders. They will just be tenants. That had a possibility to not be the case if the Raiders had stepped up before, but not now.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ymc7mrp said:
seahawk12thman":1ymc7mrp said:

Seats are MOLDED in red. Not painted.

They also ALL have SF logo molded into them.

Seats won't change for Raiders. They will just be tenants. That had a possibility to not be the case if the Raiders had stepped up before, but not now.

Doesn't that bring a tear to your eye? :thraidersux: Every time the Chiefs visit the Raiders at Levi the visitors can enjoy a sea of red :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. Maybe Cal will share their beautiful new stadium with duh raydas. I am sure Berkley would love to be invaded by the Silver and Black faithful. Priceless!!!