Great analysis of Houston WR's (with Sherm and BB)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought some of the assumptions in the article were off. The author tried to go into extreme detail of how these guys beat Sherman and Browner on some routes in man coverage, but doesn't recognize that Seattle was in a cover three zone. That sideline out Johnson caught in the GIF? It is the route Seattle gives away in cover 3. Otherwise, the article was a nice look at Hopkins, who I liked very much in last year's draft. Clemson is really turning into a WR factory.

What I did like was how it described the function of Kubiak's passing game. Those are predetermined spots Schaub had to throw to, and the receiver has the job of getting there on time. However he shakes a CB and gets there on time is up to him. Johnson is a damn good WR and fun to watch. How that team was bad enough to get the first pick blows my mind.

OP
OP
SalishHawkFan

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Yeah, Kubiaks system was the downfall of the Texans IMO. It cost them the game vs Seattle. The problem with a system where the spot is predetermined and it's up to the WR to get there is that if the defense does its homework, they can do what the LOB did and trick them into giving up a pick six. Next thing you know, we've got a Shoeless Dick Sherman highlight reel and a Texan loss.

SF49r

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that pick 6 ended the texans season

Latest posts