Sports Center Live - Best postseason QB

Laloosh

Reaction score
Okay, I usually don't make a big deal about these things but I'm watching SC and they've got Herm and Brunell discussing who the top (active) postseason QB's are and who they'd want as their QB in the postseason.

There are eight guys on the list...

Their list:
#1 Brady
#2 Manning
#3 Brees
#4 Luck
#5 Kaepernick
#6 Newton
#7 Romo
#8 Griffin III

Did I miss part of the segment or are they on crack? Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, not on the list.

Is NFLN this bad?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3t69r1ym said:
Okay, I usually don't make a big deal about these things but I'm watching SC and they've got Herm and Brunell discussing who the top (active) postseason QB's are and who they'd want as their QB in the postseason.

Their list:
#1 Brady
#2 Manning
#3 Brees
#4 Luck
#5 Kaepernick
#6 Newton
#7 Romo
#8 Griffin III

Did I miss part of the segment or are they on crack? Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan, not on the list.

Is NFLN this bad?

yeeeaaahhhhh.....that's kinda ludicrous.

The top 3 I can understand even though Manning has lost more than he's won...but Luck has what, ONE playoff win?

While his passing numbers aren't stupendous, Kaps legs have worked some magic in the postseason so I get that one (and he's 4-2 in only 2 seasons including 3 wins on the road)...

...but Newton? Romo? RGIII? WTF?

Ryan chokes like crazy in the playoffs and Rodgers has had issues getting past NY and SF.....but I can't possibly tell you why Wilson isn't on the list. Moreover, why he isn't HIGH on that list.

Brahn

Reaction score
Romo made a list in a positive manner

List instantly invalidated

Romo is only added to lists on the positive to profile, this is scientific fact.

253hawk

Reaction score
How is Griffin even on the list with an 0-1 record where he went 10/19 for 84 yards, threw a pick and got sacked twice?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I have to laugh at Luck being there...ya the guy who has 8INTs in 3 postseason games def is better than Wilson who has 1 interception at the end of the Atlanta game on a last second bomb

kidhawk

Reaction score
Between the 1-4 Romo, 0-1 Newton and 0-1 Griffin, this list is a joke. There is no substance behind it whatsoever. It's actually just a list of their personal favorite quarterbacks. Nothing more, nothing less

Marvin49

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3jzezq15 said:
I have to laugh at Luck being there...ya the guy who has 8INTs in 3 postseason games def is better than Wilson who has 1 interception at the end of the Atlanta game on a last second bomb

Not to mention a ring.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":oqf5wyzc said:

Their list:
#1 Brady
#2 Manning
#3 Brees
#4 Luck
#5 Kaepernick
#6 Newton
#7 Romo
#8 Griffin III

Is NFLN this bad?

The combined playoff record of Luck, Newton, Romo, and Griffin III is 2-7 and none of them have played well overall. Russell Wilson has already won twice as many games as a playoff quarterback than all of them combined.

Herm has his moments but Brunell is always bad.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'm surprised Cutler and Stafford and Alex Smith and Carson Palmer and Tannehill and Roethlisburger aren't on the list too...other than that I can't think of any glaring omissions.

Oh, and Eli...

Is it really a wonder as to why Herm is no longer coaching?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
rideaducati":3qsi9uq3 said:
I'm surprised Cutler and Stafford and Alex Smith and Carson Palmer and Tannehill and Roethlisburger aren't on the list too...other than that I can't think of any glaring omissions.

Oh, and Eli...

Is it really a wonder as to why Herm is no longer coaching?

I met Herm on a tour of Arrowhead when he was HC of the Chiefs. Guy is a douche.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Really? Manning at #2? I mean... wow....that's....that's just an insane amount of spin right there.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2c8imawy said:
This is why you don't watch ESPN. It seriously causes brain damage.

OP said it was NFLN.

kidhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3c44xujd said:
MizzouHawkGal":3c44xujd said:

OP said it was NFLN.

That he did, but he also said sports center which is a product of ESPN, so there's confusion in there, and since Edwards works for ESPN, I'd guess that the OP wrote in the wrong network

Lithium

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3nbdz3d8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":3nbdz3d8 said:

OP said it was NFLN.

No, he asked if the NFLN was this bad, I assume he meant is NFLN ALSO this bad.

amill87

Reaction score
Well let's slow down people. I think the OP was confused, this is really a list of QBs who pile up stats in the regular season and than fall short when it matters.

Elite stat QBs aren't the way to a Super Bowl. They are an anomaly. Out of the past 10 Super Bowls, only three have been won by an "elite" QB

Lithium

Reaction score
amill87":3bf3o5kx said:
Well let's slow down people. I think the OP was confused, this is really a list of QBs who pile up stats in the regular season and than fall short when it matters.

Elite stat QBs aren't the way to a Super Bowl. They are an anomaly. Out of the past 10 Super Bowls, only three have been won by an "elite" QB

Probably right. They could have asked "of these QB's, which would you want?" not "here are the best post season qb's"

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2xnvvugv said:
MizzouHawkGal":2xnvvugv said:

OP said it was NFLN.

Correction. I said I was watching ESPN then asked if NFLN was as bad as ESPN (because I don't have NFLN).

amill87

Reaction score
Lithium":3ic7gci1 said:
amill87":3ic7gci1 said:

Probably right. They could have asked "of these QB's, which would you want?" not "here are the best post season qb's"

Even in that context it's still terrible. I would take Eli over everyone of this QBs except Brady.