Sports Center Live - Best postseason QB

kidhawk

Reaction score
amill87":2owufze0 said:
Lithium":2owufze0 said:
amill87":2owufze0 said:
Well let's slow down people. I think the OP was confused, this is really a list of QBs who pile up stats in the regular season and than fall short when it matters.

Elite stat QBs aren't the way to a Super Bowl. They are an anomaly. Out of the past 10 Super Bowls, only three have been won by an "elite" QB

Probably right. They could have asked "of these QB's, which would you want?" not "here are the best post season qb's"

Even in that context it's still terrible. I would take Eli over everyone of this QBs except Brady.

Well this is the description of the video at that link

Mark Brunell ranks the top eight quarterbacks he'd want to start a team with

Doesn't say anything about post season there. Quarterbacks you start a team with is MUCH different than Post Season quarterbacks and it seems that they gave him a list of 8 to work with and he ranked that particular list.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
kidhawk":zbw1e4go said:
amill87":zbw1e4go said:
Lithium":zbw1e4go said:
amill87":zbw1e4go said:
Well let's slow down people. I think the OP was confused, this is really a list of QBs who pile up stats in the regular season and than fall short when it matters.

Elite stat QBs aren't the way to a Super Bowl. They are an anomaly. Out of the past 10 Super Bowls, only three have been won by an "elite" QB

Probably right. They could have asked "of these QB's, which would you want?" not "here are the best post season qb's"

Even in that context it's still terrible. I would take Eli over everyone of this QBs except Brady.

Well this is the description of the video at that link

Mark Brunell ranks the top eight quarterbacks he'd want to start a team with

Doesn't say anything about post season there. Quarterbacks you start a team with is MUCH different than Post Season quarterbacks and it seems that they gave him a list of 8 to work with and he ranked that particular list.

They had him rank them for different reasons. This was the only video that I could find available. Pretty sure the topic was entirely different because he had Brady and Manning 1 and 2.

I'm going to delete the link as it's misleading for me to have added it.

Largent80

Reaction score
I can't believe the way Brock and Salk slobber Herms knob when they have him on. He is such an idiot, and there is a huge reason he isn't a coach, because, he is a blithering idiot.

RW has already been better than all they had mentioned, and frankly, his record speaks for itself.

Seems to me, if a writer/pundit/broadcaster wanted hits , they would pick Russ.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":3lra2cxx said:
They had him rank them for different reasons. This was the only video that I could find available. Pretty sure the topic was entirely different because he had Brady and Manning 1 and 2.

That makes sense, but it still looks like he wasn't given the option to choose his top 8, and is only ranking that particular 8, so the ranking is pretty meaningless to be honest

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1wjy3l9j said:
I can't believe the way Brock and Salk slobber Herms knob when they have him on. He is such an idiot, and there is a huge reason he isn't a coach, because, he is a blithering idiot.

RW has already been better than all they had mentioned, and frankly, his record speaks for itself.

Watching a similar video, it looks like they were given a list of 8 quarterbacks and asked to rank that list. It doesn't look like they were ranking all quarterbacks. Looks like a lot of context got lost in the translation from the show to the OP

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
kidhawk":172mvkc4 said:
Laloosh":172mvkc4 said:

That makes sense, but it still looks like he wasn't given the option to choose his top 8, and is only ranking that particular 8, so the ranking is pretty meaningless to be honest

Meh, I was listening to ESPN in the background, heard them talking about "best postseason QB" and turned to see that the list was ridiculous. I created a post because I assume that others watch ESPN and might comment on the same segment.

At the end of that video that I linked, sounds like Herm pointed out that Aaron wasn't on the list. Guess they were given eight to discuss and didn't come up w/ the list themselves? Oh well. Whoever came up with the list shouldn't be making lists.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2h0sn9u5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2h0sn9u5 said:
This is why you don't watch ESPN. It seriously causes brain damage.

OP said it was NFLN.

You watch much Sports Center on NFLN? Neat trick.

hawk45

Reaction score
Largent80":2se310se said:

Mike and Mike do this when Herm's on as well. They treat him like he's Belichick or something. His coaching resume is underwhelming, fine, sometimes guys can be good analysts despite not being good at their job in the NFL. But he's NOT a good analyst. He brings nothing to the table at all. I mean listening to a guy like Holmgren on the radio is pure gold, Herm on the other hand makes me want to bash my face into the steering wheel repeatedly.

Maybe it's an ESPN thing. They all make a big deal over Clayton as well. At least Clayton is a good reporter (even if his analysis is terrible).

That's one thing (perhaps the only thing) I like about Groz. When Clayton comes on Groz is like "eh".

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":fkysll9v said:
Three random .NET posters (49ers fans included) would provide better analysis than ol' Herm. Hell, three drunk guys at a bar would provide better analysis.
You'd never let Marvin, Tokabub and myself try it Sailor. :mrgreen:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't usually comment on these very inaccurate lists, but ARod and RW should at least be on it if RG3 and Romo are.

Latest posts