New Orleans vs. Atlanta

hawk45

Reaction score
So I just have regular cable and thus only have access to NO vs ATL and KC vs TEN.

I am sure many NFL fans are riveted by the back-and-forth game with offensive fireworks. Certainly the fact that it is a close game late makes for more excitement.

But all I can think is, no wonder the NFL-at-large, and these pass-happy teams in-specific, are shocked catatonic when they engage the defense of Seattle, Carolina, San Francisco, etc.

These 2 dome teams "clashing" make me want to puke. Both QBs with 400+ yards of passing. I'm sure there's a large segment of fans, hey maybe a majority for all I know, who view this as the epitome of exciting NFL football, two QB heavyweights trading blows. But those living in STL, SEA, ARZ, SF, CAR, HOU, or any other city where actual defense is played, just watch this and fight the rising tide of puke on one hand and lick their chops on the other hand if either of these creampuffs is on the schedule.

Heck I'm sure we'll see Green Bay do something similar against most other teams they face. That's how these teams are built. There will be those who say we'll turn into a team like that as soon as Russ has to be paid. Yeah...not with the LOB already locked up for a while. Not saying we'll be historically great every year, but egads, there will be something resembling defense played.

I swear if NO or ATL had to turn around and play SF immediately after this game, a small part of me would root for SF to beat the crap out of them on principle. We'll probably see something like that later since Dallas is similarly constructed with zero defense.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Saints cannot play away from home, their defence seems to have got worse too. Falcons don't scare me either.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Yeah, my takeaways from this game are that Atlanta's over the injury issues from last season, and should be at least a .500 or so team, and that the Saints defensive performance from last season may be a thing of history. They did not look like a top 5 defense any longer.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":p3phsle1 said:
Yeah, my takeaways from this game are that Atlanta's over the injury issues from last season, and should be at least a .500 or so team, and that the Saints defensive performance from last season may be a thing of history. They did not look like a top 5 defense any longer.

I didn't get to see the game, but the score indicates that this is true. So I wonder if last year was one of those career years for a bunch of Saints defensive players, and now it's time to regress to the mean.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Yesterday's loss was ugly, but we always drop 2-3 games we shouldn't, and couple that with how close this series has traditionally been, the Falcons were bound to win this one.

I am not taking much away from it other than, it was week 1. There are 15 more games to go.

Also, I am interested to see how we play when Jon Jenkins gets back. He isn't Brandon Mabane, but he is a big disruptive guy who opens things up for Hicks and Jordan. Bunkley (imho) isn't the same, and he wasn't very good yesterday at the one thing he is supposed to be good at (run stuffing).

Good for the Falcons though. For so long this was a one sided series. This win makes it more interesting for sure.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Thats the mentality of every Saints fan. We needed the win to keep up with you guys, as you guys are our only real threat.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
El Caliente":dhru0lmk said:
Thats the mentality of every Saints fan. We needed the win to keep up with you guys, as you guys are our only real threat.

There-is-ano-ther-Sky-Walker...... Just about 850 miles south, that plays a similar brand of football. You will see them soon enough.

El Caliente

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":aeoq1rhk said:
El Caliente":aeoq1rhk said:

There-is-ano-ther-Sky-Walker...... Just about 850 miles south, that plays a similar brand of football. You will see them soon enough.

South of you, or south of us? South of us are oiled down fish, south of you is a team getting ready to combust.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
El Caliente":2j5lwhfc said:
loafoftatupu":2j5lwhfc said:
El Caliente":2j5lwhfc said:

South of you, or south of us? South of us are oiled down fish, south of you is a team getting ready to combust.
I wouldn't completely count on that I feel the 49ers are playing possum just a bit. Besides they know if they can go 5-4 or 6-3 in their first 9 games they'll be fine down the stretch.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
El Caliente":1of6xfjs said:
loafoftatupu":1of6xfjs said:
El Caliente":1of6xfjs said:

The 49ers are not nearly the team we are, but they're not as bad a team as some say. I think they'll have somewhat of a down year, but they are still a top team in the NFC. And a down year in comparison to their last three years can still be a pretty good season.

Largent80

Reaction score
Week 1 is complete...there are 15 more to go and bye weeks.

Nobody knows what will happen in the 2nd week of September....have a :229031_chillpill:

and Relax.

Latest posts