Bridgewater

huskylawyer

Reaction score
So I watched the Vikings v Falcons game on DirectTV today. Bridgewater - WOW. No, I ain't putting him in Canton already, but I don't think I've ever seen a rookie QB look so cool, calm and collected (and it was his first start). It was just odd. He made 2 bad throws all day, and everything else was perfection. And the talent around him is suspect (other than Patterson). He was even changing plays at the line of scrimmage and making correct reads. Yikes.

I think Vikings may have gotten their QB version of Moss late in the 1st round. The kid is gonna be a baller. If they had AD, they might be as tough an out as anyone.

Curious how he does against Green Bay though with the bright lights on him this Thursday. That will be the true test.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
huskylawyer":189hmzoo said:
So I watched the Vikings v Falcons game on DirectTV today. Bridgewater - WOW. No, I ain't putting him in Canton already, but I don't think I've ever seen a rookie QB look so cool, calm and collected (and it was his first start). It was just odd. He made 2 bad throws all day, and everything else was perfection. And the talent around him is suspect (other than Patterson). He was even changing plays at the line of scrimmage and making correct reads. Yikes.

I think Vikings may have gotten their QB version of Moss late in the 1st round. The kid is gonna be a baller. If they had AD, they might be as tough an out as anyone.

Curious how he does against Green Bay though with the bright lights on him this Thursday. That will be the true test.

Yeah, he looked great. But he did leave the game with what appeared to be an ankle injury. It'll be interesting to see if he can go on a short week.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ivotuk":3ebl26ny said:
Teddy had a clean pocket all night. I wish RW could have that kind of protection.

I don't think it was as much the Vikings O-line as it was the inept D-line they were up against.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Kudos to the kid, but they were using a sundial to measure the speed of the D's rush.

kearly

Reaction score
It was dumb to start Cassel and Henne a month ago, and it looks dumber now.

Imagine if the Seahawks hadn't started Wilson until week 4 back in 2012. There's no reason to punt wins in this league when a young QB shows he is clearly ready to start in the preseason.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
over 10 YPP. Damn good game. If he really is that good, the Vikings deserve a ton of credit for not letting the highly publicized bad pro day affect their thinking.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
This was against the Falcons outdoors on grass, a worse combination couldn't happen for that team. Looking at it the NFC South seems to have taken a big turn to the mean. I'm not saying he's bad it's just way too early to know anything good or bad. For instance after more then a year I think the true picture of Foles is forming (good not great).

Latest posts