Mariners 2018/19 offseason thread...

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Mariners 2018/19 offseason thread...
Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:07 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:I actually was reading his stats yesterday too and hitting .208 in the minors last year including .143 in the Florida State League (A) doesn't exactly inspire confidence. He has a long ways to go to get near Segura's level.

Jerry got fleeced on the Philly deal. You have an All Star 28 year old SS who's hit over .300 3 years in a row, steals bases and has developed into a pure "professional hitter" with a sweet, compact line drive stroke-there is a market. For Jerry to actually pay Philly a million, and give up Pazos (2.88 era in 50 innings last year, under club control, high 90s lefty-those don't grow on trees) and not get another prospect back was ridiculous. Jerry completely folded on that negotiation-Philly apparently balked at giving another prospect so instead of just telling Philly no and continue shopping or wait to the trade deadline next year, he just gives in. And with Santana's contract, to flip him is going to require more offset money. Just not a great trade.

I think the analysts are right--the team's primary focus is just ridding of payroll and not maximizing actual return value on prospects.

He's 28, was a problem in the locker room, and his power numbers for a short stop were meh.. Pazos throwing motion is suspect and Nicasio.. well you can assume Pazos had to be thrown in to take on his salary

in terms of Crawford, you rarely judge minor league players on batting average.

These guys sum it up better. Might not change your mind, but should give you a better understanding of the strengths of the trade.

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2018/12/4/18125513/the-logic-behind-the-j-p-crawford-trade-seattle-mariners-philadelphia-phillies
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:38 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:I actually was reading his stats yesterday too and hitting .208 in the minors last year including .143 in the Florida State League (A) doesn't exactly inspire confidence. He has a long ways to go to get near Segura's level.

Jerry got fleeced on the Philly deal. You have an All Star 28 year old SS who's hit over .300 3 years in a row, steals bases and has developed into a pure "professional hitter" with a sweet, compact line drive stroke-there is a market. For Jerry to actually pay Philly a million, and give up Pazos (2.88 era in 50 innings last year, under club control, high 90s lefty-those don't grow on trees) and not get another prospect back was ridiculous. Jerry completely folded on that negotiation-Philly apparently balked at giving another prospect so instead of just telling Philly no and continue shopping or wait to the trade deadline next year, he just gives in. And with Santana's contract, to flip him is going to require more offset money. Just not a great trade.

I think the analysts are right--the team's primary focus is just ridding of payroll and not maximizing actual return value on prospects.

He's 28, was a problem in the locker room, and his power numbers for a short stop were meh.. Pazos throwing motion is suspect and Nicasio.. well you can assume Pazos had to be thrown in to take on his salary

These guys sum it up better. Might not change your mind, but should give you a better understanding of the strengths of the trade.

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2018/12/4/18125513/the-logic-behind-the-j-p-crawford-trade-seattle-mariners-philadelphia-phillies

You don’t have to throw in Pazos, keep Pazos and Nicasio. Trade separate at deadline and eat Nicasio money. It’s not that much and if we are going to lose why not keep and hope for return later. Crawford for segura player swap should be enough for a minor who has struggled at the higher levels.
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:07 pm
  • 425HawkSpark wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:I actually was reading his stats yesterday too and hitting .208 in the minors last year including .143 in the Florida State League (A) doesn't exactly inspire confidence. He has a long ways to go to get near Segura's level.

You don’t have to throw in Pazos, keep Pazos and Nicasio. Trade separate at deadline and eat Nicasio money. It’s not that much and if we are going to lose why not keep and hope for return later. Crawford for segura player swap should be enough for a minor who has struggled at the higher levels.

The M's won in that trade because they found a team to take deadweights in Pazos and Nicasio off their hands.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:57 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    425HawkSpark wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

The M's won in that trade because they found a team to take deadweights in Pazos and Nicasio off their hands.

thats how i saw it as well...

its certainly not a straightforward trade, with parts included assessed differently by both sides. i also think Diputo really liked Santana and Crawford, and thus feels good about adding them.

Crawfords numbers, in the summary from Lookout Landing, match with Segura in a lot of ways.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:41 pm
  • Who cares about Nicasio, he was coming off the books next season anyways. Pazos I would have liked to keep, as he was under club control for a few more years and his salary was low. I read that Lookoutlanding article when the trade happened, while it's great (like most their articles), they are trying to reach on a lot. They are basically saying that if he can become a 2 WAR for each season, the trade will likely be okay. That's understandable. It's funny, because when the rumors of this trade surfaced, the Lookoutlanding twitter was saying this would have been an awful trade. The problem with Crawford is he hasn't shown he can become an above average MLB player. He barely hit in the minors, and his short stint in MLB he had a negative WAR. I mean you can use that logic in any trade...."if player A can do this, then it will be a great trade."

If he is only a 1 WAR player by 2021, we will likely need to replace him anyways. Dipoto obviously likes Crawford. This trade will either work or it won't. Dipoto is on the line with a lot of these trades. I have no problem with him reaching on players he likes, but you need to hit on them. No different than JS reaching on Bruce Irvin or RW. I'm fine with it, but you better know what you are doing.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:57 pm
  • Divish on the Mariners farm system

Certainly, the Mariners have improved their farm system maybe from among the worst in the majors to the top 20. To get to where they want to be those who evaluate prospects say they still need a few more pieces, and that might not happen unless they trade Mitch Haniger.

The rankings he shrugged off and downplayed just over a year ago haven’t become more important to general manager Jerry Dipoto. But now you might hear him reference them a little more often, because the Mariners won’t be dead last.

Whether you believe in ranking the overall prospect talent of a team’s farm system or ranking it against the other teams’ systems, this much is clear after Dipoto’s “step back” trade-o-rama the past few weeks — the Mariners’ farm system is no longer the worst in baseball.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:43 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Who cares about Nicasio, he was coming off the books next season anyways. Pazos I would have liked to keep, as he was under club control for a few more years and his salary was low. I read that Lookoutlanding article when the trade happened, while it's great (like most their articles), they are trying to reach on a lot. They are basically saying that if he can become a 2 WAR for each season, the trade will likely be okay. That's understandable. It's funny, because when the rumors of this trade surfaced, the Lookoutlanding twitter was saying this would have been an awful trade. The problem with Crawford is he hasn't shown he can become an above average MLB player. He barely hit in the minors, and his short stint in MLB he had a negative WAR. I mean you can use that logic in any trade...."if player A can do this, then it will be a great trade."

If he is only a 1 WAR player by 2021, we will likely need to replace him anyways. Dipoto obviously likes Crawford. This trade will either work or it won't. Dipoto is on the line with a lot of these trades. I have no problem with him reaching on players he likes, but you need to hit on them. No different than JS reaching on Bruce Irvin or RW. I'm fine with it, but you better know what you are doing.

Ive really enjoyed their coverage of the last few weeks... but the real good stuff is in the comments.

Crawfords 2 WAR is what they think his projection will be this year as well. His short stint in the majors included a broken bone in his hand. Me may never be more than average... but his tools and skillset are very promising.

You nailed it with Dipoto. Hes all in on these players. Whether he knows what hes doing or not is another story. But im optimistic in the process because he clearly identified these prospects long in advance.

These are the players he wants. His job is tied to their development.

If it works, he could have a solid with some spectacular core of young players and all kinds of cash for free agents
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:50 pm
  • Mitch Haniger turns 28 in a couple of week, it's gonna be at least 4 years before this team has a shot at being good, I think he needs to be shopped as well. His value is never going to be higher then it is right now, might as well keep rolling.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:06 am

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:34 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:Edwin Encarnacion traded to Seattle for Santana. Encarnacion, 35, has 1 year, $20 mil left with a $25 mil club option for '20 or $5 mil buyout. Could be a good trade deadline piece. 3 team trade with Rays, M's also receive a compensatory pick.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Mariners/sta ... gr%5Etweet
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.co ... s.amp.html

So Santana for a 2nd/3rd round pick and whatever prospects Encarnacion brings next week, which might be to the Rays already.

Plus the salary dump.

Not bad
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:25 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:Edwin Encarnacion traded to Seattle for Santana. Encarnacion, 35, has 1 year, $20 mil left with a $25 mil club option for '20 or $5 mil buyout. Could be a good trade deadline piece. 3 team trade with Rays, M's also receive a compensatory pick.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Mariners/sta ... gr%5Etweet
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.co ... s.amp.html

So Santana for a 2nd/3rd round pick and whatever prospects Encarnacion brings next week, which might be to the Rays already.

Plus the salary dump.

Not bad

My thoughts too. I like the comp pick angle and better financial fit. And it begs the question if Jerry will flip Encarnacion now or at the deadline. Hopefully he gets 2 prospects for him which will make the Segura deal more solid.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:52 am
  • Somebody call Dipoto. I want Sonny Gray. Badly.

How do we get him and what would we give up?

Imagine penciling Gray and Sheffield into our starting rotation.........

.while Paxton gets rocked in that cheat of a stadium.

I can only hope they give Paxton a huge contract before the wheels fall off there.

M's fans know Gray pitches great here in Seattle.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:56 pm
  • Atradees wrote:Somebody call Dipoto. I want Sonny Gray. Badly.

How do we get him and what would we give up?

Imagine penciling Gray and Sheffield into our starting rotation.........

.while Paxton gets rocked in that cheat of a stadium.

I can only hope they give Paxton a huge contract before the wheels fall off there.

M's fans know Gray pitches great here in Seattle.

That would be a good get IMHO. He will be a FA in 2020.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:39 am
  • I don't know about Sonny Gray, he was pretty awful last season. I think there are better gets than Gray, especially if we want to build this team for a few years later. Gray is going to be well into his 30's by the time we can compete. I'm also not a Gray believer, I just think he's best days are behind him. Much rather develop prospects or get younger people on the team.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:18 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I don't know about Sonny Gray, he was pretty awful last season. I think there are better gets than Gray, especially if we want to build this team for a few years later. Gray is going to be well into his 30's by the time we can compete. I'm also not a Gray believer, I just think he's best days are behind him. Much rather develop prospects or get younger people on the team.

Exactly.

If he was a free agent sure, buy low and hope hes a trade deadline asset. But the Ms are not going to give assets away for a player that wont be an asset in 2020..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:56 pm
  • I'd rather start from scratch on pitching until we are ready to sign one or two to compete
    for a title otherwise it will just be a waste..The same way wasn't working for years.
    95=2001 are the only years the M's didn't really piss me off so the odds are not in
    our favor that they won't find a way to keep doing so.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:I'd rather start from scratch on pitching until we are ready to sign one or two to compete
    for a title otherwise it will just be a waste..The same way wasn't working for years.
    95=2001 are the only years the M's didn't really piss me off so the odds are not in
    our favor that they won't find a way to keep doing so.

I hear ya Bud!
    If I wasn’t such a fan of the game, I would have dropped the M’s along time ago as gawd knows the ownerships and front offices over the years have pretty much done nothing but piss me off. Used to go to 20-25 games a year, now I’m lucky if I go to one game every couple of years and it’s usually after a family member or friend has to con me into it.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:56 pm
  • Gamel gone..Traded for someone I never heard of but the stats on him show
    a glimmer of hope..Sorry no imfo since nobody cares. :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:14 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:Gamel gone..Traded for someone I never heard of but the stats on him show
    a glimmer of hope..Sorry no imfo since nobody cares. :lol:

Write up in the Times.

Seattle is sending outfielder Ben Gamel and minor league pitcher Noah Zavolas to the Brewers.

With Nelson Cruz gone via free agency and recently acquired slugger Edwin Encarnacion expected to be traded at some point in the final year remaining on his contract, the Mariners have added a young right-handed hitter with power potential who is under club control through 2021 to provide depth to their roster.

Early Friday evening, the Mariners finalized a trade for outfielder Domingo Santana of the Milwaukee Brewers in exchange for outfielder Ben Gamel and minor-league pitcher Noah Zavolas.

“Santana was one of the most productive outfielders in baseball in 2017,” general manager Jerry Dipoto said in a statement. “He did not have the same opportunities last year, but his age and power bat from the right side make him a very good fit for our club moving forward.”

After a monster season in 2017, where he posted a .278/.371/.505 slash line with 29 doubles, 30 homers and 85 RBI, Santana, now 26, lost playing time in 2018 when the Brewers signed free agent Lorenzo Cain and traded for Christian Yelich. Cain had an All-Star season while Yelich was named the National League MVP.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mar ... e-brewers/
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:22 am
  • Decent trade. High ceiling for a high floor, plus more club control.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:56 am
  • We have some pop in the outfeild. Smith, Santana, Bruce and Haniger. The infield is all coming back. Except shortstop and DH. Santana was real good in the playoffs at DH.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:13 am
  • Atradees wrote:We have some pop in the outfeild. Smith, Santana, Bruce and Haniger. The infield is all coming back. Except shortstop and DH. Santana was real good in the playoffs at DH.

For your peace of mind, please do not have any hope for a competitive team-Everyone will be traded by the deadline and we'll lose 106 games the next 2 years as we have a AAA rotation and AA bullpen. It's 2021 playoffs or Jerry and his gang are fired and we'll start this process all over again for another decade.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:21 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    Atradees wrote:We have some pop in the outfeild. Smith, Santana, Bruce and Haniger. The infield is all coming back. Except shortstop and DH. Santana was real good in the playoffs at DH.

Everyone will be traded by the deadline and we'll lose 106 games the next 2 years as we have a AAA rotation and AA bullpen. It's 2021 playoffs or Jerry and his gang are fired and we'll start this process all over again for another decade.

No, The glass is half full.

I regret they didnt resign Cruz.

This is why we need some pitching. Sonny Grey would be a good rebound player with smaller salary.

No Dipoto has made miracle trades ditching Canos monster contract. Santana was a solid trade. The new pieces have

promise. Before Dipoto is done maybe he sheads every dollar of that 120 Million.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:42 am
  • Atradees wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:
    Atradees wrote:We have some pop in the outfeild. Smith, Santana, Bruce and Haniger. The infield is all coming back. Except shortstop and DH. Santana was real good in the playoffs at DH.

Everyone will be traded by the deadline and we'll lose 106 games the next 2 years as we have a AAA rotation and AA bullpen. It's 2021 playoffs or Jerry and his gang are fired and we'll start this process all over again for another decade.

This is why we need some pitching. Sonny Grey would be a good rebound player with smaller salary.

No Dipoto has made miracle trades ditching Canos monster contract. Santana was a solid trade. The new pieces have

promise. Before Dipoto is done maybe he sheads every dollar of that 120 Million.

While I agree that Santana is a good pickup and it was good of Jerry dumping Cano and acquiring some other nice pieces, this is without a doubt a tear-down and anyone over 27 who's doing well will be traded by the deadline. A Sonny Gray signing would be only for having him effective in our pitching friendly park so we could flip him at the deadline too. We need many more prospects at all positions to restock the farm and any FA signing or trade we make has that goal in mind.

If Marco Gonzales is the best pitcher on your 40 man roster, you have a long ways to go. It's all about the future and this tanking formula will make or break Jerry and the whole organization.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:15 pm
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    Atradees wrote:
    West TX Hawk wrote:

While I agree that Santana is a good pickup and it was good of Jerry dumping Cano and acquiring some other nice pieces, this is without a doubt a tear-down and anyone over 27 who's doing well will be traded by the deadline. A Sonny Gray signing would be only for having him effective in our pitching friendly park so we could flip him at the deadline too. We need many more prospects at all positions to restock the farm and any FA signing or trade we make has that goal in mind.

If Marco Gonzales is the best pitcher on your 40 man roster, you have a long ways to go. It's all about the future and this tanking formula will make or break Jerry and the whole organization.

Its true. We do need pitching. It will make or break him. Dipoto is the news in MLB right now.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:05 am
  • Atradees wrote:DH.
    Its true. We do need pitching. It will make or break him. Dipoto is the news in MLB right now.[/quote]

I hope for the best but have little to no faith in the Mariners org.

I still watch many games but with no interest in them winning.

We shall see - in a couple of years.
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:12 pm
  • This organization has let me down so many times it has become the norm. All I can say is that they must hate Félix and want him to play his whole career without out ever seeing the playoffs. Set him free so he doesn’t have to be apart of the suckfest that will be the next 2 seasons.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:49 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:This organization has let me down so many times it has become the norm. All I can say is that they must hate Félix and want him to play his whole career without out ever seeing the playoffs. Set him free so he doesn’t have to be apart of the suckfest that will be the next 2 seasons.

Sadly he is part of the reason for the “current” suckfest. His lost his fastball which is below average now. M’s wasted his prime years with no offense, which was a horrible waste of his talent.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:09 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:18 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

And in a week they will trade him for a prospect.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:31 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:01 pm
  • Whats the point.. if only to have more trade bait.
    Who are they trying to fool? Get it done, trade him, trade Hani.. lets get a great Farm system, get some #1 picks and build.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:01 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:Whats the point.. if only to have more trade bait.
    Who are they trying to fool? Get it done, trade him, trade Hani.. lets get a great Farm system, get some #1 picks and build.

Bit bitter... at 27, he will hit his stride as a major league pitcher in 2020, the season they believe they will be competing in.

Its another asset for the future.. and a promising one
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:38 pm
  • Whats not to like? This is a great get.
    We are not trading this player.
    How will he do in the pros?
    Didnt think we would get him. Nice move Dipoto.

They are addressing pitching. It looks great on paper.

Gonzales
    Kikuchi
    Hernandez
    Leake
    LeBlanc
    Sheffield
    Dunn
    Swanson
    Batista future close with 100 mph heat

lets trade Hernandez for Sonny gray and eat 15 million or something. Dipoto is video gaming MLB....
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:29 am
  • The structure of the deal is innovative as well. Its essentially 2 deals. 3 year/46 million with a player option for a 4th year plus another 4 year club option. Not a 4th year but a whole other 4 year deal the club can exercise at year 3.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:43 pm
  • Yes, a deal that doesn't sink the organization.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:25 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Whats the point.. if only to have more trade bait.

Bit bitter... at 27, he will hit his stride as a major league pitcher in 2020, the season they believe they will be competing in.

Its another asset for the future.. and a promising one

Hmm if we are seriously competing in 2020 ill eat my hat sir
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:59 pm
  • LOL.. they signed Ackley.. to a minor league contract.. for the future I guess.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:24 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:LOL.. they signed Ackley.. to a minor league contract.. for the future I guess.

Why oh why?? He likely lingers in Tacoma as he hasn’t been in the bigs in 3 years. Coupled with Jerry being open to carrying Ichiro on the 25 man post Japan, our rebuild and direction this year is getting stranger and stranger.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:39 am
  • West TX Hawk wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:LOL.. they signed Ackley.. to a minor league contract.. for the future I guess.

Why oh why?? He likely lingers in Tacoma as he hasn’t been in the bigs in 3 years. Coupled with Jerry being open to carrying Ichiro on the 25 man post Japan, our rebuild and direction this year is getting stranger and stranger.

This guy again?One of the big reasons why we couldn't hit when we had great pitching.
    He is nothing but a scrub..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 am
  • Minor league deal...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:56 pm
  • Signing Ackley is the exact opposite of what they have been doing? Weird move.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:35 pm

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:10 pm
  • Mariners sound high on this guy. Anyone ever heard of him?
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:08 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:48 pm
  • Decent signing. Pitching needed...

As it stands now the Ms have a 168 million dollar payroll for 2019, which is near a club record. 63 million of that is Seager, Encarnacion and Felix.

But... the majority of the young roster is signed through 2021 and 43 million off the books by years end with Encarnacion and Felix. Seager on the books through 2022.

2020 will be an interesting off season
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:10 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Decent signing. Pitching needed...

As it stands now the Ms have a 168 million dollar payroll for 2019, which is near a club record. 63 million of that is Seager, Encarnacion and Felix.

But... the majority of the young roster is signed through 2021 and 43 million off the books by years end with Encarnacion and Felix. Seager on the books through 2022.

2020 will be an interesting off season

I don't see $97 million around those three..Something is not right..
    They must be still be paying Cano after trade ect
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:07 am
  • 63 million...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:53 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:63 million...

I think what Indy was referring to was the remaining 97 million after those guys you mentioned. Who is all that money going to? Cano must be a big chunk of that...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:03 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:63 million...

I think what Indy was referring to was the remaining 97 million after those guys you mentioned. Who is all that money going to? Cano must be a big chunk of that...

Sportrac has the Ms salary at 140 mill, including 5 mill to Cano.

Poster on lookout landing has a spreadsheet that has it 168 million (current 40 man roster). so a disconnect somewhere

Edit: Sportrac doesnt have a lot of new player salaries listed
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information