Flynn Trade ?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Flynn Trade ?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:51 pm
  • One team that hasn't been mentioned for Flynn to be traded to...the Vikings. Think about it Ponder is injury/inept prone....and then two words...Joe Webb. I think this is very plausable. Thoughts?
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1232
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 pm


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 am
  • I think you are reaching pretty badly IMHO.

    Vikings fans are content with Ponder and want to see improvement in year 3. None of them are demanding a trade for an ex packers back up who has proven very little.

    Hardly anybody wanted Flynn last off season and that very may well be the case this season.

    we just have to live with that.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 893
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:08 am
  • their picks are pretty close to ours, we couldn't swap picks and upgrade for much better draft picks. they have the 5th pick of the 4th...

    What are we trading for? Percy Harvin? Kyle Rudolph?
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 am
  • Again two words Joe Webb!
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1232
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 pm


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 am
  • The fact that Viking fans are for Ponder and even defend that horrible draft selection is insane.

    The fact that Viking coaches have expressed that Ponder will face no competition this offseason is even more insane.

    But it is what it is. The Vikes aren't looking for a QB, not until next year.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:37 am
  • SPOHAWK wrote:Again two words Joe Webb!


    two more words..

    I agree.
    User avatar
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm
    Location: N. Seattle


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:00 am
  • SPOHAWK wrote:Again two words Joe Webb!


    Two more words: so what? The Vikings certainly need to upgrade their backup QB position but there are cheaper options out there than Flynn, and if they are truly committed to Ponder next year they're not going to pay Flynn a few million AND give up a draft pick to bring him in just to warm the bench.
    User avatar
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1309
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:02 am
  • Two more words...Keep Flynn. Starting QBs go down every week! How nice would it be to expect to win with the back up in? We don't know, we have never been there (maybe last year)
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:12 am
  • I thought that Flynn would be a perfect fit in Andy Reid's pass-happy offense that he will carry to KC, but he chose Alex Smith over Flynn. WTF? I don't see Smith throwing 40 times per game.
    User avatar
    aawolf
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 451
    Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:16 am
  • SPOHAWK wrote:Again two words Joe Webb!

    Did you see that vikings playoff game? He was turrible.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:23 am
  • Decimation wrote:
    SPOHAWK wrote:Again two words Joe Webb!

    Did you see that vikings playoff game? He was turrible.


    I had a friend at that game, I guess it got so bad they were calling him "Jew Webb"

    They need a real back up, not a runner.
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 am
  • aawolf wrote:I thought that Flynn would be a perfect fit in Andy Reid's pass-happy offense that he will carry to KC, but he chose Alex Smith over Flynn. WTF? I don't see Smith throwing 40 times per game.


    My guess is that the KC FO HAD to have spoken with the Hawks about Flynn, but weren't willing to pony up. I know they paid a lot for Alex Smith, but maybe that tells us how much MORE Seattle wanted for Flynn.
    User avatar
    Giblien
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 670
    Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:08 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:52 am
  • Imo, the only opportunity to trade Flynn either before, or on, draft day is to either the Jets or the Jags.

    If that doesn't happen, the only other opportunity is to a team whose starting QB goes down with a serious injury early in the season.

    If neither happens, imo, he stays a Hawk through 2013, which is okay by me. The insurance policy premium isn't onerous and Flynn seems professional enough to not be a distraction if such a trade is not made. I believe that the Hawks are trying to accommodate him but if the market is not there, it's just not there... and it makes absolutely no sense to cut him.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3119
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:56 am
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:I think you are reaching pretty badly IMHO.

    Vikings fans are content with Ponder and want to see improvement in year 3. None of them are demanding a trade for an ex packers back up who has proven very little.

    Hardly anybody wanted Flynn last off season and that very may well be the case this season.

    we just have to live with that.

    Geez. I know 3 Viking fans and they can't stand Ponder. The other 5 must love him! lol
    Image
    User avatar
    djb28
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1314
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:58 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:Imo, the only opportunity to trade Flynn either before, or on, draft day is to either the Jets or the Jags.

    If that doesn't happen, the only other opportunity is to a team whose starting QB goes down with a serious injury early in the season.

    If neither happens, imo, he stays a Hawk through 2013, which is okay by me. The insurance policy premium isn't onerous and Flynn seems professional enough to not be a distraction if such a trade is not made. I believe that the Hawks are trying to accommodate him but if the market is not there, it's just not there... and it makes absolutely no sense to cut him.

    The Jets don't seem to have the cap room to do anything this offseason unless they unload some players. Jacksonville is a good thought. Cleveland should be in the Flynn Sweepstakes as well.
    User avatar
    aawolf
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 451
    Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 am


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 am
  • OMG can we just get to the draft and FA already.. can't take any more speculation.. i'm like the little kid in the back seat..

    are we there yet?
    are we there yet?
    are we there yet?

    when are we gonna be there?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:18 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    Decimation wrote:
    SPOHAWK wrote:Again two words Joe Webb!

    Did you see that vikings playoff game? He was turrible.


    I had a friend at that game, I guess it got so bad they were calling him "Jew Webb"

    They need a real back up, not a runner.


    I dont get it...
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3591
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:20 am
  • Spokane wrote:
    Decimation wrote:
    SPOHAWK wrote:Again two words Joe Webb!

    Did you see that vikings playoff game? He was turrible.


    I had a friend at that game, I guess it got so bad they were calling him "Jew Webb"

    They need a real back up, not a runner.


    That says a lot more about fan classlessness than it does about player performance.
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1624
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Elma, WA


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 am
  • hawker84 wrote:OMG can we just get to the draft and FA already.. can't take any more speculation.. i'm like the little kid in the back seat..

    are we there yet?
    are we there yet?
    are we there yet?

    when are we gonna be there?


    Don't make me reach back there.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19289
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:47 am
  • Throwdown post of the day lmao well played
    Image

    Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    User avatar
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 879
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:45 am
    Location: Bellevue, WA


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:51 am
  • aawolf wrote:I thought that Flynn would be a perfect fit in Andy Reid's pass-happy offense that he will carry to KC, but he chose Alex Smith over Flynn. WTF? I don't see Smith throwing 40 times per game.


    I felt the same way about Flynn going there, but in KC (at least initially) Smith won't necessarily have to. Despite the fact they only won two games last year KC sent what, 5 or 6 players to the Pro Bowl? They do have talent on that team; plus he has Jamal Charles to ease the load.
    User avatar
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2883
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm
    Location: In Bruges


Re: Flynn Trade ?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 am
  • Flynn trades have been discussed adnausem in this string for the last several days so why are we starting a new one?

    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65852&start=120
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18655
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.




It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online