2014 Seattle Mariners

Blitzer88

Reaction score

Tical21

Reaction score
He is REALLY fat. And he was already SOOOOOO slow! He's done. Go back and eat buddy. I had high hopes for him too.

All this outfield talk. Can't Willie play the outfield?

They've got to try to get a mid-level prospect or reliever for Franklin. The idea that they are going to get anything at all for Franklin or Smoak or any combination just isn't realistic. If you want anything, you've got about three guys you can move. Besides that, we are praying for Ackley, Seager, Almonte, Zunino, Miller and the young pitchers to get us there. If they don't, it is another 5-7 years to rebuild the system again. All our talent is on the big club now. It is now or never. Unfortunately, personally, I don't think they have nearly enough talent to be competitive. There are just way too many players that aren't good enough. There are a bunch of teams out there where Cano, Seager and Hart are the only guys that would crack their lineups. Hopefully Lloyd can make it click for a couple guys.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bloomquist is a scrub, not an everyday player, he's never been an everyday player ability wise.
If WB is a starter your team is in huge trouble.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I'm not mad overthrow Cruz thing, he realizes he needs a hitters ballpark to avoid falling off a cliff so he ran to
Camden yards. Would've been an awful investment for Seattle.
Why is Santana still not a mariner though?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":pjdyyga5 said:
He is REALLY fat. And he was already SOOOOOO slow! He's done. Go back and eat buddy. I had high hopes for him too.

All this outfield talk. Can't Willie play the outfield?

They've got to try to get a mid-level prospect or reliever for Franklin. The idea that they are going to get anything at all for Franklin or Smoak or any combination just isn't realistic. If you want anything, you've got about three guys you can move. Besides that, we are praying for Ackley, Seager, Almonte, Zunino, Miller and the young pitchers to get us there. If they don't, it is another 5-7 years to rebuild the system again. All our talent is on the big club now. It is now or never. Unfortunately, personally, I don't think they have nearly enough talent to be competitive. There are just way too many players that aren't good enough. There are a bunch of teams out there where Cano, Seager and Hart are the only guys that would crack their lineups. Hopefully Lloyd can make it click for a couple guys.

Guess he found out the ugly truth. When you use steroids, but don't actually workout, you just get fat.

Msfann

Reaction score
I agree with the cut Montero crowd. he sucked when he was on roids and weighed less and now he's going to have to lose the weight AND learn to not play like crap.

He's a waste of a roster spot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
davidonmi":3s4wku8z said:
I'm not mad overthrow Cruz thing, he realizes he needs a hitters ballpark to avoid falling off a cliff so he ran to
Camden yards. Would've been an awful investment for Seattle.
Why is Santana still not a mariner though?
Yep, lately I was thinking how the Cruz to Seattle thing can be a disaster. If he is off the juice I could see Safeco eating him alive. He is the product of roids/HGH and small ballparks, and he knows this. Sometimes the best deals are the ones that didn't happen.

Atradees

Reaction score
Cruz didnt pan out for us. Morales should be an option. He can hit. We can afford him.
3 years and 24 million with a fourth year option.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
While I would prefer Morales as well... There is now no need for three years. I can see us getting morales and Santana for 18-22 mil combined (per year) for two years

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I am glad we dodged the Nelson Cruz bullet. I would rather just have Morales back.

However, I doubt that Corey Hart should be counted on in the OF. We at least need someone to platoon with Hart in LF. If Abraham Almonte shows something this spring, maybe he can spell all three OF positions?

I miss Mark McLemore. Can he still play?

davidonmi

Reaction score
I totally disagree with the cut montero crowd, we aren't paying him anything just send him down and if that doesn't work you can always cut him later. He still has potential just send him down. This isn't football where you have only 53 spots and no minor leagues

SonicHawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":3ngp11ms said:
I totally disagree with the cut montero crowd, we aren't paying him anything just send him down and if that doesn't work you can always cut him later. He still has potential just send him down. This isn't football where you have only 53 spots and no minor leagues

He's a waste of money. No desire to be good. Putting him in the minor leagues is taking up a spot from a kid who wants to play.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ctgkjye said:
How close is Romero to being up on the big club?

Well he was in Tacoma last year so I'm assuming when they feel he's ready. Not to mention he's a 4 year college kid, he should have been up by now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2uy1is4o said:
Sports Hernia":2uy1is4o said:
How close is Romero to being up on the big club?

Well he was in Tacoma last year so I'm assuming when they feel he's ready. Not to mention he's a 4 year college kid, he should have been up by now.

If we dont add anything to the outfield I would assume he's on the fringe of breaking camp with the big squad. good defensive outfielder and can hit

Tical21

Reaction score
Gotta keep Montero, unless McClendon really wants to use him as an example, but that kind of thing isn't always well received in baseball. Our hitting prospect cupboard is quite bare again, and we need to hold onto any prospect with upside that have, because there aren't many.

We really need Kendrys. I'm terrified of what is going to surround Seager and Cano. Kendrys makes us pretty formidable in the middle, which we haven't been in about ten years. I don't like to pay free agents, but I think Kendrys is pretty safe, although somewhat redundant.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tical21":13lqbb7p said:
Gotta keep Montero, unless McClendon really wants to use him as an example, but that kind of thing isn't always well received in baseball. Our hitting prospect cupboard is quite bare again, and we need to hold onto any prospect with upside that have, because there aren't many.

We really need Kendrys. I'm terrified of what is going to surround Seager and Cano. Kendrys makes us pretty formidable in the middle, which we haven't been in about ten years. I don't like to pay free agents, but I think Kendrys is pretty safe, although somewhat redundant.

Agree on Kendry...would rather package Franklin for a pitcher or outfielder (and grab Santana) and bring morales in

Also...two teams actually played baseball today. One was Seattle. They beat the other 7-1. Living in Minnesota where the wind chill was -(that little mark over to the left means negative) 25 I find the thought of baseball bring played hopeful

Tical21

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21w8m4a3 said:
Tical21":21w8m4a3 said:

Agree on Kendry...would rather package Franklin for a pitcher or outfielder (and grab Santana) and bring morales in

Also...two teams actually played baseball today. One was Seattle. They beat the other 7-1. Living in Minnesota where the wind chill was -(that little mark over to the left means negative) 25 I find the thought of baseball bring played hopeful
I don't want to trade Franklin. I don't think we can afford to trade any upside player whatsoever, at least until we are completely sold that Miller is the guy. How stupid would it be to trade Franklin, watch him hit 20 homers every year, while we watch Brad Miller flame out and hit .220 with 4 HR's? I'll let them compete, and may the best man win the job. It isn't like we're going to get anything of value for Franklin. We're still in the position of needing to add to the young core, not add to the aging list of vets.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Franklin can go. I don't think his ceiling is that incredibly high and we have Cano as a solid 2B for 10 years.

We need 3 OFs. Franklin can be traded for 1.