2014 Seattle Mariners

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC, we were kind of desperate at Catcher last off season. Zunnie plays decent D, so his hitting is less important, though you'd expect a catcher to have a better eye for the ball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I am kinda pissed that we fell apart after looking like a sure playoff contender..In reality we just don't have the hitting to cover our starters when they get dead arms at this time,I'm sure the future is going to be brighter for this team..It's been a great year and while it's NOT over just yet(Mizzou and her fork) these guys have nothing to be ashamed of regardless of what happens this weekend...Go Mariners!!!

m0ng0

Reaction score
looks like to little to late, thats what happens when we rely on other teams to cooperate. The A's and Royals both win, but I gues technically the Mariners are not quite out yet, assuming Iwakuma can hold. i will say we are going to have a pitching staff from hell next year assuming peeps stay healthy, a bright future indeed ! Go M's!

sutz

Reaction score
Nice to see Kuma bounce back with a decent outing to close the season. No walks tonight. :)

sutz

Reaction score
Crizilla":2eua3l2d said:
Felix
Iwakuma
Paxton
Elias
Walker

for next season
And, if we can hold most of the bullpen together, we're pretty set on the mound. I'm not convinced that we need all the wholesale changes to the position players people are clamoring for, but yeah, more runs has to be a goal of this offseason.

Atradees

Reaction score
While it is unlikely we win out and the A's lose out then win a tiebreaker-it was a much improved season. It was nice to be a M's fan again. We had a few questionable losing streaks this season where our starting pitching folded like a deck of cards.
Erasmo and Elias were counted on for far too much. This is a fun team. Who was it that predicted that the M's would win 86 games?

I would like to add this; we were a great road team and less good at home. Is this a stadium issue still? TO me its difficult to fathom a winning road record and a losing home record.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sutz":ziohihk9 said:
Crizilla":ziohihk9 said:
Felix
Iwakuma
Paxton
Elias
Walker

for next season
And, if we can hold most of the bullpen together, we're pretty set on the mound. I'm not convinced that we need all the wholesale changes to the position players people are clamoring for, but yeah, more runs has to be a goal of this offseason.
Don't forget we get Hultzen back who could knock 1 to the pen ..The pitching is solid for next year..We do need the hitter or 2 for sure otherwise all those 5 hit 1 run losses will bite us in the butt again..I'd say Lo Mo stays and Hart goes..
Morales sure didn't earn a 14 million raise..Kick Smoak out...I'd love to see them bring in T Hunter,I know he is old but that guy knows how to play the game and is a winner..2 games left it ain't over till the fat lady sings..Go Mariners!!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1d5lqds8 said:
I am kinda pissed that we fell apart after looking like a sure playoff contender..In reality we just don't have the hitting to cover our starters when they get dead arms at this time,I'm sure the future is going to be brighter for this team..It's been a great year and while it's NOT over just yet(Mizzou and her fork) these guys have nothing to be ashamed of regardless of what happens this weekend...Go Mariners!!!
Technically you're correct by the pure probabilities the Mariners have a 2% shot at making a tiebreaker game v Oakland.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3hum2rzm said:
IndyHawk":3hum2rzm said:
Technically you're correct by the pure probabilities the Mariners have a 2% shot at making a tiebreaker game v Oakland.
I think it's a lot higher than you believe..Remember 1995?It has happened since by other teams..You think Texas just wants Oakland in?I bet baseball would love a Seattle/Oakland play in...I know we all would..I know the odds are not good but you already had a fork stuck into em -was it Tuesday?Here we are still alive :thirishdrinkers: Go Mariners!!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":7ecpmiox said:
MizzouHawkGal":7ecpmiox said:
IndyHawk":7ecpmiox said:
I think it's a lot higher than you believe..Remember 1995?It has happened since by other teams..You think Texas just wants Oakland in?I bet baseball would love a Seattle/Oakland play in...I know we all would..I know the odds are not good but you already had a fork stuck into em -was it Tuesday?Here we are still alive :thirishdrinkers: Go Mariners!!!
No that is the actual raw probability of them forcing a tie as of today...http://www.playoffstatus.com/mlb/americanstandings.html

They have a chance and very slim one. And yes I do think they are done for the year but least it took until the last week of the season to be reasonably certain of it which in my book is a big step up from the last 10 years. They just need to get another good hitter or two and they will be a serious contender for the division next year. They're not that far off like usual.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Rangers up 3-1. Mariners just gotta play Mariners baseball and stuff will happen.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1ado0e3q said:
MLB made a scoring change in Felix's last start, changing a hit to an error. He now has a chance to win the ERA title tomorrow.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11602 ... ing-change
Excellent. On the glass half full side the Mariners are where the Royals were the last 2 years. They're very close to something big if they don't panic as usual.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the biggest post 7th inning stretch in the history of Mariners baseball.