2014 Seattle Mariners

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1fvnb3ze said:
Ms managed to pull it out. Of course Felix is pitching tomorrow so whoever is pitching for the Angels will probably throw a no hitter.

Yes, please, just shut up. Sarcasm like this is just stupid.

slipwax

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2k537ggb said:

Just believe. The A's don't seems to want it. It was awesome seeing playoff baseball at the Safe tonight. Just believe... and hope and dream. This season has been so excruciatingly fun for a change... whatever happens, at least the Mariners finally bridged the gap for the Hawks off season. For it to land on the bye week no less. I will be watching!

Smellyman

Reaction score
amill87":308in4gn said:
m0ng0":308in4gn said:
Yeah Lloyd is going to have to live with that sub for a long long long time........

Miller made up for it. But you cannot tell me with a straight face that the bases loaded with no outs and Miller choked. It shouldn't have come down to what it did.

Sucre could hit a fly ball just as well as Miller. Striking out looking in that situation is terrible.

miller went on a called strike which was a nasty breaking ball. Could've been called a ball.

Miller is hitting 320 in Sep and after his TERRIBLE April and May did well to get his average up to .221.

Miller has oodles of talent and pretty dang good power for a SS. He is 24 in his second year....(I know we have heard that)

Largent80

Reaction score
I was at the final game vs. the Angels when Randy pitched against Langston in the Dome.

Good Times.....Go M's.

Atradees

Reaction score
The M's are beating the the best team in baseball to get to meaningful 162. Good way to finish with Felix on the Mound.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2f4a9oiu said:
I was at the final game vs. the Angels when Randy pitched against Langston in the Dome.

Good Times.....Go M's.

I remember that game. Blew it open in the 7th I think?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Forgive me guys, I posted that at 1am after a long, frustrating sports day. I'm still rooting for the Ms and I know that Felix pitching gives us the best possible chance.

sutz

Reaction score
Hell, I was pretty happy we were still relevant at the trading deadline. To be playing in 162 still with life in the playoff hunt is gravy.

:D

MLTHawk

Reaction score
It feels really good to see the Mariners still in it on the last regular season day. Please let Oakland choke! Happy Felix day! :49ersmall:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":34yg8mcz said:
I think it's safe to say Jackson earned his entire year's salary last night.

why? Any replacement or most under-replacement level players should be able to get a run in with a man on third and one out

sutz

Reaction score
SeatownJay":aislgxid said:
Sadly, it looks like Oakland is going to win. They're up 2-0 in the 9th inning. :(
Too bad. Felix is throwing a gem.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I know Uncle Si will disagree, but this is really disappointing. If Cano were 28, that'd be one thing, but he's already 31. We have maybe two more years of peak Cano, if that, before he starts to decline. We sort of have to win now, and we were giving at bats to Justin Smoak in the middle of a playoff race. It's a real shame.

I just want to see Felix get to the playoffs for himself (and to get twenty wins even if pitcher wins are a stupid stat). You see how he's pitching in a virtual playoff game today. He deserves that much from this franchise.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2cpf99jn said:
I know Uncle Si will disagree, but this is really disappointing. If Cano were 28, that'd be one thing, but he's already 31. We have maybe two more years of peak Cano, if that, before he starts to decline. We sort of have to win now, and we were giving at bats to Justin Smoak in the middle of a playoff race. It's a real shame.

I just want to see Felix get to the playoffs for himself (and to get twenty wins even if pitcher wins are a stupid stat). You see how he's pitching in a virtual playoff game today. He deserves that much from this franchise.

First off, Felix is pitching against the Angels b squad today so let's not shoot our load to soon on today's performance. He is a top pitcher in the game and can do this to any teams a squad, but keep perspective here. Second, I believe the Mariners learned how to be a playoff team this season, but came up just short. A couple of offensive adjustments in the off season and I believe that Felix will get his playoff shot next season.

Helluva season.

Crizilla

Reaction score
M's have no one to blame but themselves. The A's handed them the spot and M's responded by losing 2 out of 3 to the Astros and 3 out of 4 to the blue jays. Of course they opened the season with sweeping the Angels, and now it looks like they will end the season sweeping the Angels again.

Go seahawks