2021 Draft RD 2 PK 56 WR D'wayne Eskridge, W Michigan

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I really don’t like that we picked any WR with our 2nd round pick. I wanted a C or a CB. Any top rated C or CB would have made me happy.

If this is last years Offense then a 3rd WR would have been horrible as how often did RW actually throw to the 3rd WR? This year? Who knows. We have an OC that has never been an OC before. It could be a decent pick if the scheme changes deemphasizing the need for a better O line through play calling.

Creed was my choice.

BTW last time we picked a skill position from a non P5 school with our first pick we ended up with a big bust in Rashaad Penny. Hope this turns out better.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Jerhawk":34z32uwe said:
This kid will be a pro bowler. Excellent pick.
3rd best receiver in the draft.

He is what Percy Harvin was supposed to be.

Pete and John yet again school the rest of the league.

A short, 24-year-old WR out of a mid-major. The only one being schooled here is Russ, as to who's the boss in Seattle. The message here is shut up and run our plays.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":24lfw5h7 said:
Jerhawk":24lfw5h7 said:

A short, 24-year-old WR out of a mid-major. The only one being schooled here is Russ, as to who's the boss in Seattle. The message here is shut up and run our plays.

We’ve drafted a dozen OL the last 6 years, and 1 guy popped in the first year. I can’t believe anyone is mad that Pete and John didn’t tract a OL. Odds say he would take 3 years to develop into a halfway ok OL, then leave in FA. This pick is for Russ, no matter what people here want to think.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Dude played corner for most of his college career? Well. we needed a CB and now we got both with one pick. WINNER!!!!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2yezb3bl said:
Jerhawk":2yezb3bl said:

Ah, yes. The front office is definitely drafting receivers to piss off their quarterback. :177692: :177692:

Success really turned the takes of the fanbase into works of art.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2f2tajgq said:
Dude played corner for most of his college career? Well. we needed a CB and now we got both with one pick. WINNER!!!!

Most? Where do you people get your info? He played 4 of 45 games at corner. And he started those 4 games at WR too.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ih56eaf said:
godawg":1ih56eaf said:
I have the feeling that the Hawks didn’t want Creed as our long term center. Interesting who is available in next year’s class. Pocic is serviceable for a year, and may improve with time. Creed is a beast but Pocic is a thinker. Unger comes to mind. The best centers have been quick thinkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing to consider when it comes to Creed, he may have been successful for all the same reasons the Alabama QB was successful. He was surrounded by elite talent, and they played with the lead, aka ran the ball.
H
Not to mention Sarkisian, per Dave Wyman, drew up plays that made the offenses job easy. Like McVay did for Goff.

Then there's that Alabama defense taking any pressure off of the offense...

This is a great point. It is why Britt looked better than he is for years. Everyone around him was weaker so they were attacked more

Separately the point made about next year is very astute as well. Everyone knows we are extremely limited this year. Besides the lacking number 1 next year we are in a good position again.

We need to draft now for players that hits the field THIS YEAR. We cannot afford 50% of the draft class not making the cut. A guy that is ok is better than a guy that is a possible starter but could also not see the field for two years.

Like it or not we put ourselves in a situation that requires drafting guys that makes the 53 man roster this year. Had to avoid the normal "high ceiling but low floor" guys.

mikeak

Reaction score
kf3339":334tzw70 said:
Maelstrom787":334tzw70 said:
kf3339":334tzw70 said:
Jerhawk":334tzw70 said:
They don't really know what they're talking about. It's alright. Let them complain. They act like Pete and John should run every decision by them.

Sure we don't. It's like none of us have ever watched a football game at all. We just watch Pocic being bullrushed back into RW several times a game.

Went to KC, what does that tell you?

It tells me that he fell later than expected for a reason and was taken by a team that mismanaged its offensive line and got undressed nationally for it.

Well, that may be the case. But we have mismanaged our O-Line for years which is why they are consistently bottom third in the league. Drafting a 5"8" WR isn't going to help improve that issue. I hope they have some other trick up their sleeve. RW is watching.

It was also mismanaged due to the style of football

That is changing

mikeak

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":rnplamxl said:
Maelstrom787":rnplamxl said:
Schneider confirmed in presser they had a trade back set up that fell through a few minutes before the pick. Stuck and took the BPA on their board, Eskridge.

Says Eskridge is versatile. Don't have a specific plan for him, they're gonna work him in to wherever works.

So they took the highest rated player on the board because they had no plan if the trade down didnt happen and they have no plan for the player they picked. Just brilliant. Seriously, this FO reminds me of a deer looking at headlights,,,,,,lost.

No they had a plan A and B

Plan A trade down
Plan B take the best player

mikeak

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":14mlw27h said:
I really don’t like that we picked any WR with our 2nd round pick. I wanted a C or a CB. Any top rated C or CB would have made me happy.

If this is last years Offense then a 3rd WR would have been horrible as how often did RW actually throw to the 3rd WR? This year? Who knows. We have an OC that has never been an OC before. It could be a decent pick if the scheme changes deemphasizing the need for a better O line through play calling.

Creed was my choice.

BTW last time we picked a skill position from a non P5 school with our first pick we ended up with a big bust in Rashaad Penny. Hope this turns out better.

So RW didn't throw much to #3 WR last year so your conclusion is that we don't need that position?

My conclusion is that proves how badly we needed a #3 WR so RW can throw the ball to him

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2kz2wgp6 said:
Seanhawk":2kz2wgp6 said:
pittpnthrs":2kz2wgp6 said:
Maelstrom787":2kz2wgp6 said:
Schneider confirmed in presser they had a trade back set up that fell through a few minutes before the pick. Stuck and took the BPA on their board, Eskridge.

Says Eskridge is versatile. Don't have a specific plan for him, they're gonna work him in to wherever works.

So they took the highest rated player on the board because they had no plan if the trade down didnt happen and they have no plan for the player they picked. Just brilliant. Seriously, this FO reminds me of a deer looking at headlights,,,,,,lost.

You're off the rails. What would you like for the plan to be if a trade down falls through? Take the lowest rated player on their board? Not make a pick at all? What the hell?

I can understand not liking the pick because you valued an offensive lineman more. I did for the most part too. But this gripe is just stupidity.

Its not stupidity. The way its worded is that JS and the FO got stuck when they couldnt trade down so they took the best player available regardless of position. To hell with the needs of the team.

Let me guess - WR3 wasn't the top need on a generic media "team needs" list, therefore it's an invalid pick. Facebook comment section logic.

seabowl

Reaction score
I too would have taken Creed but for all those complaining let me remind you...

Russel Wilson (with Flynn just signed?)
Richard Sherman (who?)
James Carpenter (Sabans reaction alone)

Eskridge reminds me of a Paul Richardson/Golden Tate cross. Fast and good in the open field. Hopefully he’ll be one added to this list in a few years.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We needed a returner. So that is a plus.

Additionally, this facilitates a quick passing game.

And finally, anything that makes it hard for us to run the ball (small WRs are not ideal blockers for the run game) is fine by me. I love Carson too but Pete's obsession with running the ball is counterproductive. This makes is much harder for Pete to play the godawful style of football he has predilections for.

Weirdly, this is the kind of pick that tends to work out for us.

Cautiously optimistic.

We need OL help. And ironically that is the reason I didn't want us picking OL. Because I don't think we have the ability or knowledge in how to evaluate OL or develop them. We would end up with one of those crappy 'versatile' OL like Pocic that can do a lot of things or play a number of positions, but not really be good to great in any of them.

We don't want great OL we want versatile interchangeable parts instead. So I am happy they are not wasting draft picks on OL because they are not competent at picking them anyway. Much more confident in our ability to pick an undersized WR that can still be effective.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2skhphvb said:
Chukarhawk":2skhphvb said:

Most? Where do you people get your info? He played 4 of 45 games at corner. And he started those 4 games at WR too.

Yeah, but you have to admit it plays into the narrative nicely.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1zqq9ed1 said:
pittpnthrs":1zqq9ed1 said:
Seanhawk":1zqq9ed1 said:
pittpnthrs":1zqq9ed1 said:

You're off the rails. What would you like for the plan to be if a trade down falls through? Take the lowest rated player on their board? Not make a pick at all? What the hell?

I can understand not liking the pick because you valued an offensive lineman more. I did for the most part too. But this gripe is just stupidity.

Its not stupidity. The way its worded is that JS and the FO got stuck when they couldnt trade down so they took the best player available regardless of position. To hell with the needs of the team.

Let me guess - WR3 wasn't the top need on a generic media "team needs" list, therefore it's an invalid pick. Facebook comment section logic.

Where is the teams biggest weaknesses? It sure isnt at WR.

Smellyman

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3du5o7yd said:
Seanhawk":3du5o7yd said:
pittpnthrs":3du5o7yd said:
Maelstrom787":3du5o7yd said:

WR was a huge need.

BASF

Reaction score
Geologic":2gwt2kg4 said:
Remember when the seahawks got owned in the last 6 weeks of the season?

How many yards did DK Metcalf get in the beginning of the season versus the last parts?

Bullrush the offensive line and Russell is gonna eat $h!t

This is a joke right? We were 5-1 in the last six weeks of the season. The only thing we got owned on was the playoff loss and fantasy owners of Russell Wilson.

Yards for individual players literally do not matter unless you are a fantasy football fan.

The offensive line has already been changed this offseason. The main reason the Rams were able to run over our line in the playoff game is happily retired and will never darken our field again. The fact that Carroll was willing to destroy the continuity that the line had put together over the few games without a washed up Iupati by plugging him in against that defensive line was stupid. Pocic and Brown had to play trying to help Iupati and that opens up opportunities for the others on the defensive line.

Gabe Jackson replacing the Iupati/Simmons platoon is a massive upgrade. It means that Pocic nor Brown have to try to cover for the lackluster play at left guard.

K

K.J WRIGHT

Trust me Guy's, I can valuate talent with the best scouts in the NFL....this guy will take the league by storm. He will one day be in the HOF ! DK Metcalf will soon become our # 2 receiver! BOOK IT!!!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Smellyman":254xry32 said:
pittpnthrs":254xry32 said:
Seanhawk":254xry32 said:
pittpnthrs":254xry32 said:

WR was a huge need.

How? We are talking about a #3 receiver that will be splitting time with Swain and every other Joe Schmoe on the team. If the team was minus either Metcalf or Lockette then I would be onboard, but not for a guy that will be shagging kicks and running end arounds.

xray

Reaction score
When the o-line is jacked and stacked already , then why sweat the small stuff ? :D

Latest posts