2021 Draft Round 4 Pick 137 Tre Brown CB Oklahoma

Rat

Reaction score
Chapow":2j1uk1pv said:
Super excited to hear why this was a horrible pick from the usual suspects even though he was the best CB still available in the draft.
What's your analysis of it? I assume he's great and unequivocally the right pick simply because we selected him?

kf3339

Reaction score
I'm fine with the pick. We needed another CB with speed. Also hear he looks for the ball, which isn't the case with many CB's.

Chapow

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":dpqcgmnv said:
Chapow":dpqcgmnv said:
Super excited to hear why this was a horrible pick from the usual suspects even though he was the best CB still available in the draft.

Super excited to hear how every pick was perfect and we need to shut up and trust JS and PC and how no one can have an opinion for several years. Oh yeah, he was not the best CB still available according to unbiased evaluators.

That being said Big12 CBs are usually well tested and he could be good. But the knee jerk “don’t criticize a pick” nitwits are worse than the critics.

Again, the very first comment on NFL network after the pick was announced was "This was my highest available corner so I love this pick here of Tre Brown". That comment was made by Daniel Jeremiah.

"Daniel Jeremiah joined NFL Media as an analyst in 2012 following an eight-year career as an NFL scout for three clubs. Throughout the year, Jeremiah plays a vital role on various NFL Network programs such as NFL Total Access and Path to the Draft. In addition, he is the co-host of the Move the Sticks Podcast with Bucky Brooks. Prior to joining NFL Media, Jeremiah served for two years as the Philadelphia Eagles' college area scout for the West. Before that, he was a national scout for the Cleveland Browns and a west coast area scout for the Baltimore Ravens. Prior to working in the NFL, Jeremiah was a production assistant for ESPN's Sunday Night Football telecasts."

Pretty sure he would be considered an unbiased evaluator.

I've never said nobody should criticize a pick or that every pick is perfect, but you in particular seem to find a reason to dislike every single pick no matter what. They picked a CB that some unbiased evaluators thought was the best one still available. At the very least he was one of the best CB's still available. Even you thought they should take a CB. Yet for some reason you still found a reason to criticize the pick. I mean, they did exactly what you wanted them to do and you still didn't like it. It's just absurd and it's obvious you're never going to be happy no matter what they do.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
AlciG":o99vplof said:
JayhawkMike":o99vplof said:
Right position. Looks like there were a lot of CBs more highly rated so looks like a reach but I don’t know enough to form an opinion yet.

Not an attack, but how can you say it looks like a reach and you don't know enough to form an opinion in the same sentence?

It's almost like he's trying to push a specific agenda into every comment he makes.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":limy5llj said:
According to the ESPN best available CB list there were 4 higher rated CBs available. Yes, one nfl network guy said he was best available. And? I haven’t formed my own opinion but looks like a reach when there are Several higher rated CBs. You guys seem either illiterate or dense.

No, you just have a tiring shtick that no one appreciates, and you put it on full display by both admitting you're clueless about the situation yet still declaring him to be a reach based on MEDIA BIG BOARDS, which is beyond laughable. Yeah, NFL teams definitely look at those, buddy.

A reach in the late fourth based on media big boards... my god, that's Facebook comment section material.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Everyone know idiots like McShay and Kiper have admitted to pushing guys up the board based on agents who have given them incentives. So using ESPN best of board, is a crapshoot at best.

Chapow

Reaction score
Rat":ats2gsnn said:
Chapow":ats2gsnn said:
What's your analysis of it? I assume he's great and unequivocally the right pick simply because we selected him?

No. I have no idea if he's great and I don't think any specific late 4th round pick is unequivocally the right pick.

I think it was a good pick because CB was a position of need and we got one of the best ones that was still available according to "unbiased evaluators".

But on the other hand, I don't go into every draft determined to find a reason to criticize and dislike every single pick they make no matter what.

Torc

Reaction score
I'm fine with the pick. I don't follow college football at all so I just have to rely on the analysts....but of all the positions on the field if Pete says a CB has the stuff he's looking for, I'm happy to trust him on that.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Tre already bringing the competitive fire and ticking off our opponents.

I like it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1qrf5iap said:

I like it.

Check the date, friggin' 2014 from this kid.

Destiny.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":153sjhr3 said:
Ad Hawk":153sjhr3 said:

I like it.

Check the date, friggin' 2014 from this kid.

Destiny.

:shock:

I missed that.

TAB420

Reaction score
What the CBS analyst had to say.
56. Seahawks: D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Central Michigan
Grade: A-

Burner who can win from in the slot and hit home runs and runs angry after the catch. Like his route-running skill. Older prospect.

137. Seahawks, Tre Brown, CB, Oklahoma
Grade: A

Super-feisty ready-to-go slot. Feet are lightning bolts and he loves battling. Will be an instant starter.

Elemas

Reaction score
For some odd reason, I feel better when we don’t have 1st round picks to squander away in comparison to now having a limited # of picks. Pro: I feel like JS and PC make good late round picks. Con: our first round selections leave you scratching your head.

I likely would’ve went o-line with our first pick but I’m happy with our choices this far.

mikeak

Reaction score
TAB420":mrnnnabo said:
What the CBS analyst had to say.
56. Seahawks: D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Central Michigan
Grade: A-

Burner who can win from in the slot and hit home runs and runs angry after the catch. Like his route-running skill. Older prospect.

137. Seahawks, Tre Brown, CB, Oklahoma
Grade: A

Super-feisty ready-to-go slot. Feet are lightning bolts and he loves battling. Will be an instant starter.

This is key right here.

With three picks everyone has to hit the 53-man roster.

If you asked any GM to pick a player that 100% starts in the NFL in the first three rounds I bet you they all could do it. However that isn't the same guy they draft. Some of those sure things have a lower upside so they gamble a bit because when it hits then it is totally worth it because you have 7 picks

When you have 3 picks your mindset has to change. Happy to see it did

mrblitz

Reaction score
seems like a smaller, faster guy who happens to be very tenacious... overall, this is a great pick

chris98251

Reaction score
Better make friends with his DT's and DE's, he is feisty and aggressive almost Browner like but in a Earl Thomas body. Will be nice to see attitude, just listen to the guys and don't get stupid penalties. He is going to be in more then one confrontation once he gets on the field.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pete confirms Tre is being looked at as an outside corner first. JS says he'd be a top-10 pick if 6'2".

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1b8n6uv9 said:
Pete confirms Tre is being looked at as an outside corner first. JS says he'd be a top-10 pick if 6'2".

Ironically then, he would have been a first round pick if it wasn't for the Seahawks.