2021 Draft Round 4 Pick 137 Tre Brown CB Oklahoma

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Own The West":3eu1lgrs said:
Eskridge mentioning Tre Brown in a Senior Bowl interview.

If Iron sharpens Iron, it will help both Brown and D'Wayne

hoxrox

Reaction score
Tre Brown looks pretty sticky to me. A few PBUs and a couple picks. Sure, he did get beat by a taller receiver, but looking at our division, who's a tall and scary receiver? The only one might be on our team.

[youtube]kVT2bdyKCVg[/youtube]

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":350kpe8f said:
Tre Brown looks pretty sticky to me. A few PBUs and a couple picks. Sure, he did get beat by a taller receiver, but looking at our division, who's a tall and scary receiver? The only one might be on our team.

[youtube]kVT2bdyKCVg[/youtube]

DeAndre Hopkins is the best receiver in the division by a mile. He may only be 6'1 but plays bigger than that.
And I love DK, and he'll eventually surpass Hopkins, but he's not there yet.

I'm not saying Brown will be asked to play on an island vs Hopkins, I was just simply answering the above question.

I'm more curious to see if Brown can stick to Cooper Cupp. He's a tough matchup and gives most corners troubles with his quickness.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Maelstrom787":13b21gbn said:
FresnoHawk68":13b21gbn said:
Maelstrom787":13b21gbn said:
FresnoHawk68":13b21gbn said:
Pete said in the press conference that wasn’t the case & he’s had small CB’s before. Pete said Reed probably will do at CB what RW did at QB, open the minds of other teams in the league! Pete said it could be weird having 2 small CB’s starting at both sides but oh well, at least that’s what I interpreted from Pete.

If you think about it the media constantly gets things wrong with Seattle! With a strong D Line you don’t have to have the best CB’s, a team can get by if it’s CB’s are physical and can tackle. Recently our D Line hasn’t been very good and our CB’s were exploited, we could have drafted a lengthy physical CB in round 2 and Seattle did interview Asante Samuel jr who was picked at #47 by Carroll protégée Robert Saleh who also drafted 6”3 CB Witherspoon.

It looks like we’ve been misinformed again & brainwashed into believing we know Pete’s criteria for CB. Both Carroll & Saleh acquire Reed, Witherspoon & Sherman, both interview (I assume) Asante Samuel jr one acquires Samuel, both draft small outside CB’s in the same draft.

The criteria is corroborated by a decade of data establishing an archetype. Seattle had never once selected a boundary corner with arms under 32 inches. Couple that with the admission from PC/JS that they're adapting their criteria, and it's pretty clear that they've always had a type and that they're changing things up.

Again Pete said multiple times he has used shorter CB’s in the NFL and Schneider indicated if the draft is giving you it you take it. Pete basically said Reed will open the NFL’s eyes not his which are already open, Pete said this the other day to clarify his statement last season about Reed.
Believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe, Pete’s the one giving confusing info.

On a side note I am suspicious that Pete & John are purposely throwing the media under the bus. As long as they win I don’t care what they do.

This isn't a matter of belief, it's a matter of fact.

I see it as Pete adjusting, which so many say he simply cannot do.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2r27207x said:
DeAndre Hopkins is the best receiver in the division by a mile. He may only be 6'1 but plays bigger than that.

I'm not saying Brown will be asked to play on an island vs Hopkins, I was just simply answering the above question.

I'm more curious to see if Brown can stick to Cooper Cupp. He's a tough matchup and gives most corners troubles with his quickness.

Yea Hopkins is very good, but I don't think he's scary good. Had like 10 receptions for 100 yards in the first game against us, and like 5 receptions and 50 yards in the second game once the defense started playing better. (And we had a better game plan for Murray)

Brown vs Cooper Cupp? Can't wait to find out.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":2vrb1p4i said:
Jerhawk":2vrb1p4i said:

Yea Hopkins is very good, but I don't think he's scary good. Had like 10 receptions for 100 yards in the first game against us, and like 5 receptions and 50 yards in the second game once the defense started playing better. (And we had a better game plan for Murray)

Good points.
And I forgot to mention Brandon Aiyuk. That kid has potential to be special, and with Trey Lance who knows how potent that connection can be.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Jerhawk":26m3spv4 said:
hoxrox":26m3spv4 said:
Jerhawk":26m3spv4 said:

Good points.
And I forgot to mention Brandon Aiyuk. That kid has potential to be special, and with Trey Lance who knows how potent that connection can be.

I think Trey Lance will be like Cam Newton, but with more upside, which could make him very dangerous. He may still struggle with accuracy however, which could lead to many picks and incompletions at the next level.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":3lkslq2n said:
Jerhawk":3lkslq2n said:
hoxrox":3lkslq2n said:
Jerhawk":3lkslq2n said:

Good points.

I think Trey Lance will be like Cam Newton, but with more upside, which could make him very dangerous. He may still struggle with accuracy however, which could lead to many picks and incompletions at the next level.

Colin K-esque? If so, I look forward to the contributions he'll make to our defense. :2thumbs:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kid is like glue. He needs to improve his technique, I doubt he starts this year, but he has the physical traits. 2 of the catches were perfectly thrown balls to taller receivers, and he got his hands on several.

Why don't DBs wear jersey colored gloves? Seems like a no-brainer.

CPHawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":wfe91408 said:
Jerhawk":wfe91408 said:
hoxrox":wfe91408 said:
Jerhawk":wfe91408 said:

Good points.

Cam was unstoppable in the SEC. Lance is nothing like Cam, unless you are comparing him to vegan Cam.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
ivotuk":28hetw0m said:
Kid is like glue. He needs to improve his technique, I doubt he starts this year, but he has the physical traits. 2 of the catches were perfectly thrown balls to taller receivers, and he got his hands on several.

Why don't DBs wear jersey colored gloves? Seems like a no-brainer.

I've always wondered why they don't do that. OL as well. There must be a rule against it because we constantly see teams pushing or going beyond the boundary of fair play to get an advantage, so I cant see how not one person in the league does this.