TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Go look at Terrell Owens' 40 times. Its 4.45-4.5. Pretty avg for a WR. He still was exceptional.

Speed helps. But Joey Galloway was putting up 4.2-4.3 times and nobody picks him over Terrell Owens except maybe the ghost of Al Davis.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Bobo's 40 time, frankly, is in TE territory if not OL. That's track speed, he seems to have acceptable game speed.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, 4.5’s and below are insane times.

But we are talking hundredths of a second here.

*Yes…I know. In before some .netkspert tells me how those hundredths of a second amounts to getting open or hitting holes.
How fast was the Steve Largeant ?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
How fast was the Steve Largeant ?
4.7? Charles Cross (4.95) and Abe Lucas (4.92) were faster. But make no mistake, track speed isn't everything, defense tacle Calijah Kancey with 4.67 sec speed, is edging towards a bust, he played 90 snaps in 6 games, he sat more than played. PFF graded him at 41.6.

Bobo may be 4.99, but he has been making plays, and contributing. LOL, he is our higher rated WR according to pff.

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
I didn't think they recorded official 40 times in Largent's era. 🤷‍♂️

Torc

Reaction score
I don't really care what his recorded speed was on a single day. So many factors could play into him getting a slower time (including him maybe being slower than all the other receivers). A half second - that could be a slow reaction to the start signal, a twinge in his leg, the wrong pair of shoes, etc etc. All I care about is does he get open and does he catch the ball.

So far, so good.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Jerry Rice…4.71.

Need we argue this further?
No, case closed.

Jerry was doubled team most of his career, but he was always open and he was known for his YAC. Track speed isn't everything, otherwise olympic sprinters will all be playing WR in NFL.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
back in the day 4.99 is all it used to take to get in a girls pants and now , well 4.99 is what it takes to get some tums at freddys
Really though , it's 5.49 as prices have gone up

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he makes plays, many guys that don't have ideal numbers in combines and scouting have had great careers, Curly Culp, John Randle, Dave Krieg, Largent, Bobo now. Those guys and many others just make plays and are in the right place at the right time for someone to take a chance on them.

evergreen

Reaction score
Aaron Curry was probably fast. How fast is Cooper Kupp? Bobo is open and he catches the ball gets his toes in and hangs on. The future is here.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Bobo's 40 time, frankly, is in TE territory if not OL. That's track speed, he seems to have acceptable game speed.
For the first week of preseason I literally thought we picked up a new tight end lol