49ers fielding trade requests for Trey Lance

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If they find a trade partner for Lance, who's will be their season opening starter and backup?
Assuming this isn’t a Mac Jones for Lance trade, they’d have to get yet another backup to sit behind Darnold until Brock is ready. I can’t see that yet.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
This is a nothing burger. The article says that they said at the league meeting they would consider all trade offers for anybody. It doesn’t cost anything to listen to what somebody will offer for Lance.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
John Lynch: “we’re fielding calls for Trey Lance. He could be your next Mahomes”

The rest of the NFL: “who called Lynch for Trey Lance? Better not have been us”

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
The funny part is the dude has barely played quarterback. Since 2016, Trey Lance’s junior year of highshool to today, Lance has a TOTAL of 519 pass attempts. Again, that is including highschool(varsity forward), college and the NFL.

519 passes in 7 seasons of football at varying levels. 10 QBs in 22’ alone had more than 519 passes.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Depends what people are offering for him, I think he is fine for a back-up, I don't know the trade is likely to work but if the buying team have to pay his base salary ($1m p.a.) a 7th rounder for him is probably fair.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Florio: “Now obvious 49ers want to move on”

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
If I was a 49er exec, I'd be more worried if they weren't fielding calls. Whatever 'fielding' means.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
They should take what they can get for Lance, he is clearly not the guy and his value will only diminish as time passes. They seem pretty sold on Purdy - but the sample size is pretty small. I'm not convinced that Purdy is special. Serviceable certainly. Put Any starting QB (other than Tater) in that lineup and I doubt the results would differ much. Those weapons - that Line and that D?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Did Lynch make a mistake by drafting Lance and giving up all that draft capital in the process? Sure, but I’d have more respect for him if he would simply admit fault and move on. This looks like the first in that process. Tiddy bar Trey’s time in the bay is drawing to an end

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Did Lynch make a mistake by drafting Lance and giving up all that draft capital in the process? Sure, but I’d have more respect for him if he would simply admit fault and move on. This looks like the first in that process. Tiddy bar Trey’s time in the bay is drawing to an end
If you said 'Do X to get my respect' I imagine most people would give serious consideration to Not X.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
If you said 'Do X to get my respect' I imagine most people would give serious consideration to Not X.
That’s not how it works man. Teams swing and miss all the time in the first round. It becomes distracting and dysfunctional to the locker room to try to continue to insert Trey as an unearned starter over more competent quarterbacks like Darnold and a healthy Purdy Or whoever they decide to draft at the quarterback position next week. But yeah it’s insanity to try to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Apply that to the Trey Lance debacle. This will sting for years guy

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
That’s not how it works man. Teams swing and miss all the time in the first round. It becomes distracting and dysfunctional to the locker room to try to continue to insert Trey as an unearned starter over more competent quarterbacks like Darnold and a healthy Purdy Or whoever they decide to draft at the quarterback position next week. But yeah it’s insanity to try to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Apply that to the Trey Lance debacle. This will sting for years guy
are you actually trying to convince me of something here? this is just trolling and wild speculation.