49ers to play Beathard, no other QBs available

Uncle Si

Reaction score
94Smith":3kz7sn4s said:
Seasons come and go. The last injury plagued season we were able to draft Bosa. We should be picking about 12th overall which should allow us to pick a great CB, good QB to groom, or OL. Lots of pieces on this team to build around

What do you do with JG, as his contract will impact how many of the other key pieces you keep, no?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":147m0k1s said:
What does playing in AZ have to do with injuries? That list of "sacrifice" to play a game is a mile long across the world. Not sure what that has to do with my post. I swear you just have have a bullet list of things to squeeze into a post, relevant or not.

AZ is not the first team to.open their stadium to another to play a game for emergency. Its been happening across the pandemic. Its happened in years past for a variety of reasons. Again... what's that have to do with my post.

Their injuries are what they are.. every one of your posts lists them out, time and again. Its professional sports. The 9ers were in the Bowl last year. I'm sure to them they believe even injured they could get back.

You dont, obviously. But thats not empathy nor sympathy..its excuse making .

I already gave you a run down of another sports team with a similar injury record who arenot just surviving, but winning.

Is it the drama or approval you want here?

C'mon man. They have or have had 27 people on IR. That's an outlier at least 2x from what everyone else is.

They ARE the only team that's been forced to relocate in 2019-2020 through absolutely no fault of their own--after which they have scored zero wins, but they are now stuck there.

They believed they could get back because they had, in September, impressive depth. Now they don't have that. Their S&C coach is the same one they had in 2019.

Look, my least favorite team has to be the Cowboys and it has been since 1978. I absolutely despise them but if all this had happened to them, I'd have empathy. Just empathy. Not drama, and whatever approval or lack of you might personally have is your personal decision.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Is it 27? I wasn't sure as it hasn't been repeated multiple times in other threads.

You keep trying to push empathy, but its pretty transparent.. its professional sports. Crack on. im not celebrating their injuries, never would. But you get over it or concede.

This whoa is me program you're running for them though is a boring read. Just gave you an example of another team who had significant injuries to their best players (most of who are considered the best in the world at their positions) and wree replaced with literal teenagers and are in 1st place.

Nothing to do with rivalry. Its the number of times you've posted about their crisis on here.

They could get on or not.

As for having to play in AZ... They're playing a sport for money. I bet they're ok.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3aebjz0j said:
94Smith":3aebjz0j said:
Seasons come and go. The last injury plagued season we were able to draft Bosa. We should be picking about 12th overall which should allow us to pick a great CB, good QB to groom, or OL. Lots of pieces on this team to build around

What do you do with JG, as his contract will impact how many of the other key pieces you keep, no?

JG's contract is almost out of dead cap. They will almost certainly try to restructure and if not that, trade for someone like Stafford.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2ok6ioww said:
Uncle Si":2ok6ioww said:
94Smith":2ok6ioww said:

JG's contract is almost out of dead cap. They will almost certainly try to restructure and if not that, trade for someone like Stafford.

Why would they go for Stafford making around 27 mill?

How does that let them resign key young players?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qtru9o5z said:
SantaClaraHawk":qtru9o5z said:
Uncle Si":qtru9o5z said:
94Smith":qtru9o5z said:

It only helps if there's a push.

If they want to move on, the vets they will go toward will be more or less in that range. In that range, if both teams decide a QB restart is the answer, they'd trade one guy for a third, the other guy for a fourth. Even Darnold is in that mix as he comes relatively cheap and the Jets might just decide Fields is the answer for the future.

From this list https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... sco-49ers/ there's probably five, maybe seven guys, who absolutely have to be paid or walk. Probably double or over double the number of guys they would love to have but can do without.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":6reuh8sf said:
Uncle Si":6reuh8sf said:
SantaClaraHawk":6reuh8sf said:
Uncle Si":6reuh8sf said:

It only helps if there's a push.

If they want to move on, the vets they will go toward will be more or less in that range. In that range, if both teams decide a QB restart is the answer, they'd trade one guy for a third, the other guy for a fourth. Even Darnold is in that mix as he comes relatively cheap and the Jets might just decide Fields is the answer for the future.

From this list https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents ... sco-49ers/ there's probably five, maybe seven guys, who absolutely have to be paid or walk. Probably double or over double the number of guys they would love to have but can do without.

The issue is not specific to this year. They've built their team through several drafts, abd many of those top players still on cheap deals are coming do over the next couple of years.

Rams have a similar issue.

Not sure how Stafford and Darnold are in the conversation.

94Smith

Reaction score
WR - rookie deals
TE- already paid
O line- Trent Williams will be a priority. They will likely draft some players. C-Weston Richburg (IR) will go
QB- I don't know what they will do here. I would like to see Garopollo get another shot as I think his performance this year was due to the fact he was hurt. They might draft someone and I could see them trading draft picks for a Qb upgrade
RB- Mckinnon and Coleman will be gone. Might draft someone. Mostert has been paid. I am not sure what they will do with Juscyzyk , perhaps let hi test FA and then offer a lower salary

DL - Bosa is still on rookie deal, Kinlaw is on rookie deal, Dee Ford is going to be gone, Armstead was paid, I hope they resign Kerry Hyder and draft someone
LB- They will get a deal done with Fred Warner. Rest of the core is signed
Secondary - Sherman will be gone, Mosely will get a deal, Kwan Williams ? , Hopefully they get a deal with Verrett, Tartt will be gone, already paid Ward, Witherspoon will be gone. I hope they draft a marquee CB in the first round

K- Not sure what they will do with Robbie Gould

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Kicker Robbie Gould, 38, who ranks fifth all-time in field-goal percentage, signed a four-year, $19 million deal in 2019 with an option clause that could make it a two-year contract.

The 49ers have the option to pick up the final two years — 2021 and 2022 — on Gould’s deal and they must do so before the regular-season finale Jan. 3. If they exercise the option, the 49ers would fully guarantee $2.25 million of Gould’s 2021 salary of $4.5 million, according to OverTheCap.com. In addition, $2.25 million of Gould’s 2022 salary would become fully guaranteed April 1.

Gould's only bad year since 2017 has been 2019, when he had 75 percent success. In all these other years, including this one, he's been in the 90s.

Age isn't so much an issue with these guys. Vinitieri went to age 47. Dawson went to age 43, age 41 with the 49ers.

They have until Jan. 3 to sign him, and that'll mean guaranteed salary of 2.5MM over the two year contract. That's a stable island that they'll need for at least 2021.

Would be very surprised if they did not sign him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
What do Niner fans think about the Josh Rosen pickup? Is there another thread on it?
He looked serviceable at times for the Cards but sure can't blame them for upgrading to Kyler Murray. He seemed to be a bit of an ass at first too, but being benched and traded in the NFL is a humbling experience so that's probably not an issue anymore.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Not here, but there are pretty extensive threads on Webzone and on Niners Nation.

Pretty much everyone sees this as an audition opportunity for Rosen with him getting some tryout live time in the Cards game UNLESS Beathard is killing it in his start against ARI.

Rosen's only 23 and a former first rounder, after all. If he shows stats and no turnovers against Seattle then he has a very good chance of beating Beathard for the QB3 next year. If he actually wins or if they lose by say a fg against Seattle, he has a good chance of being QB2.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":36im8xin said:
Uncle Si":36im8xin said:
You should start a therapy page for scarred 9ers fans.

The 9ers aren't a puppy.. They're a football team who played in a super bowl last year.

They don't need anyone's sympathy, even if some ask for it.

No one is asking for sympathy. All we are saying is thank god this season is almost over. God I hope your team does not see the injuries we have had. But if it happens and hear me I hope it don’t. I will be the first here to remind you that you (just you) don’t get any “sympathy” as you call it, but respect and understanding will be given to the respectful hawk fans. And if your hawks are one and done in the playoffs I will give respectful feedback and congrats for making the playoffs to the respectful hawks fans. But you sir I will give no such respect. Your attitude and response is classless and does not have the professionalism as most hawk fans. You remind me of the pathetic classless niner fans we all hate.

Welcome to the club of the classless

Yeah.. like the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Don't you remember all the class shown by Niner nation? :D

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1osirx66 said:
rlkats":1osirx66 said:
Uncle Si":1osirx66 said:
You should start a therapy page for scarred 9ers fans.

The 9ers aren't a puppy.. They're a football team who played in a super bowl last year.

They don't need anyone's sympathy, even if some ask for it.

No one is asking for sympathy. All we are saying is thank god this season is almost over. God I hope your team does not see the injuries we have had. But if it happens and hear me I hope it don’t. I will be the first here to remind you that you (just you) don’t get any “sympathy” as you call it, but respect and understanding will be given to the respectful hawk fans. And if your hawks are one and done in the playoffs I will give respectful feedback and congrats for making the playoffs to the respectful hawks fans. But you sir I will give no such respect. Your attitude and response is classless and does not have the professionalism as most hawk fans. You remind me of the pathetic classless niner fans we all hate.

Welcome to the club of the classless

Yeah.. like the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Don't you remember all the class shown by Niner nation? :D

Ya Loaf I do. This is why I have the last sentence in my statement “ You remind me of the pathetic classless niner fans we all hate”.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Suggest that caving to injuries is a poor excuse for failing= classless

Name calling= classy

9ers fans..

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
On Saturday, the Hawks' rooting interest is with the 49ers as the Cards could affect our playoff seeding whereas the 49ers will not, especially if we do not get the W on Sunday.

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3vu3pvfx said:
On Saturday, the Hawks' rooting interest is with the 49ers as the Cards could affect our playoff seeding whereas the 49ers will not, especially if we do not get the W on Sunday.

Wish my niners could help you all. We just don’t have the horses in this race. We still have not figured out how to stop mobile QB’s.

diver110

Reaction score
Well, at least they have a QB. Broncos had to play a game without one. 49ers have had a cursed year.

rlkats

Reaction score
diver110":3gbinnw0 said:
Well, at least they have a QB. Broncos had to play a game without one. 49ers have had a cursed year.

This is an insane season for many teams. I had no clue the Ron is had to play without a QB. Crazy.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
rlkats":36f4juqo said:
SantaClaraHawk":36f4juqo said:

Wish my niners could help you all. We just don’t have the horses in this race. We still have not figured out how to stop mobile QB’s.

I'd say you stopped one such "mobile QB" effectively. 12-20 effectively.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1x5r4qz7 said:
Is it 27? I wasn't sure as it hasn't been repeated multiple times in other threads.

You keep trying to push empathy, but its pretty transparent.. its professional sports. Crack on. im not celebrating their injuries, never would. But you get over it or concede.

This whoa is me program you're running for them though is a boring read. Just gave you an example of another team who had significant injuries to their best players (most of who are considered the best in the world at their positions) and wree replaced with literal teenagers and are in 1st place.

Nothing to do with rivalry. Its the number of times you've posted about their crisis on here.

They could get on or not.

As for having to play in AZ... They're playing a sport for money. I bet they're ok.

People watch soccer? Weird