49ers to play Beathard, no other QBs available

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1b9ga84u said:
rlkats":1b9ga84u said:
SantaClaraHawk":1b9ga84u said:
On Saturday, the Hawks' rooting interest is with the 49ers as the Cards could affect our playoff seeding whereas the 49ers will not, especially if we do not get the W on Sunday.

Wish my niners could help you all. We just don’t have the horses in this race. We still have not figured out how to stop mobile QB’s.

I'd say you stopped one such "mobile QB" effectively. 12-20 effectively.

I did not expect that result of the cards game. Kyler was off.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just for the record...

...not looking for pity. Football is a rough sport. Players get injured. Sometimes teams just have really bad luck. This was one of those years for SF and COVID just added to it. It is what it is.

I can go on and on about the ridiculousness of the 49ers situation this year, but no excuses. They are 6-10. Just don't try to convince me that this year WASN'T outside the norm. LOL.

However, anyone trying to make the case that this is somehow who the Niners are now is sorely mistaken. This ain't about excuses. This is about what you can expect them to be in the future.

This year they got wacked hard with the injury stick. Such is life.

If you expect this to be their plight next year and you think them to again be a 6-10 team, you are sorely mistaken.

They will be a different squad next year. A lot of free agents and a few coaches will be gone. My guess tho is that there will be ALOT of vets out there this year who get released for Salary Cap purposes looking into getting to teams on one year deals to explore free agency NEXT year when the cap (hopefully) increases quite a bit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They were in the Super Bowl last year. Look, I hate the Niners, but injuries are a massive contributor to how they finished this season. That's just common sense, that is too much to ask for ANY team to overcome how many injured guys they had. And not just average players.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":34zzz9s5 said:
Just for the record...

...not looking for pity. Football is a rough sport. Players get injured. Sometimes teams just have really bad luck. This was one of those years for SF and COVID just added to it. It is what it is.

I can go on and on about the ridiculousness of the 49ers situation this year, but no excuses. They are 6-10. Just don't try to convince me that this year WASN'T outside the norm. LOL.

However, anyone trying to make the case that this is somehow who the Niners are now is sorely mistaken. This ain't about excuses. This is about what you can expect them to be in the future.

If you expect this to be their plight next year and you think them to again be a 6-10 team, you are sorely mistaken.

They will be a different squad next year. A lot of free agents and a few coaches will be gone. My guess tho is that there will be ALOT of vets out there this year who get released for Salary Cap purposes looking into getting to teams on one year deals to explore free agency NEXT year when the cap (hopefully) increases quite a bit.

Agreed and great points.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3o3drb7x said:
They were in the Super Bowl last year. Look, I hate the Niners, but injuries are a massive contributor to how they finished this season. That's just common sense, that is too much to ask for ANY team to overcome how many injured guys they had. And not just average players.

Most injured team in the NFL, more than 70 players play in only 1 game this season, that's a lot of practice squad 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers.

Hopefully next year guys will be back at full strength and we won't have HEALTHY players sitting out games because of COVID protocols.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":w9hijhgh said:
Just for the record...

Well my thoughts are we had a rough go but made it back, but our injuries were all over, the schedule and short off season made it hard for guys to get right again before they strap on gear, even a nagging injury can turn major if stressed again.

Earl, Kam and Sherman were not right most the season, losing Avril and and our slot guy was too much with a secondary on crutches really.