5-5

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Wilson would have to have a season ending injury early in the next game for that to happen.

I know that we're all wringing our hands at our defense. And it makes sense because we've become accustomed to the idea that having a top 5 defense is necessary to win especially late in the season. That's just the residual effect of having had such a dominant defense for so long.

But the NFL as a whole has a defense problem. There aren't but maybe 3 good defenses in the league. And some of those on teams that are barely in the playoff hunt already.

We forget that KC didn't have a great defense last year. And they rode an elite offense all the way to a title against the best defense in the league.

I'd also caution on our defense right now. We've been missing Adams for significant time. And he's a HUGE loss. But even more than that, even if we had the LOB in it's prime, our defense would struggle to make the top 10. That's because our offense is putting up so many points and so much pressure from the opening gun, that our defensive numbers are going to be not unlike other teams that have potent fast scoring offenses. The games (and the way we win them) has been fundamentally altered by this offense.

We're basically running a prevent defense for the better part of a full half of play. We're going to give up yards as a result. Now I am concerned about our inability to get off the field on 3rd down. But as mentioned above -- that's really where Adams is our key. He's not a turnover machine. But he is an absolute master at recognizing/closing and finishing the tackles short of a first down. In that respect, he's better than either Thomas or Chancellor was even in their primes. And that ability (the loss of it) can't be dismissed.

I fully expect we're going to be bottom 10 in yards surrendered this season. And it'll be by natural design and a function of how potent our offense is. Not how bad our defense is.

Teams are scoring 28-40 points with extreme regularity this season. And if games end up turning into a shootout where scoring late in crunchtime is going to be the currency of winning -- then we're playing with house money. Because there isn't a single QB in this league I'd rather have than Russell in those situations.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. With the game on the line, he's the best in the game, period. And one of the best finishers we have ever seen.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I keep trying to tell myself, without a lot of success at times, not to worry about what could go wrong, the Super Bowl window etc and just enjoy Russ's career in Seattle and realze a lot of fans never get a chance to enjoy that kind of greatness in decades of fandom for their team.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2c9s6cnl said:
pittpnthrs":2c9s6cnl said:
Uncle Si":2c9s6cnl said:
Could it easily happen?

Do you think the cardinals, rams, 9ers, bills are better than who the team has played?

Outside the falcons, I dont.

I do. Dallas, Miami, Vikings, and Atlanta are all worse than the Rams, Bills, and Cards. If the Niners werent so ravaged by injuries, they would be worse than them too.

I disagree..

The vikings are a playoff team, as is Miami. All we've seen from the Rams are wind against the bottom dwellers.

The bills just got canned by a team that needed a ladt second 50 yard field goal to beat the giants.

Not arguing with you, just disagreeing. The Vikings are 1-4 and last in their division. They beat the hapless Texans. They are not a playoff team. The Dolphins are 2-3 and have beaten the Jags and the currently dismantled 49ers. Fitzpatrick is their QB. They scare nobody. As for the Bills, yeah they just had their 'in the crapper' game. We'll just have to wait and see how that turns out when the Hawks travel there.

As for the subject matter, no way in hell the team goes 5-5. I can see them losing a couple of the next 5 though. Losing 1 would be great.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Yup, we'd better fire everybody before it's too late.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3499jc1b said:
Uncle Si":3499jc1b said:
pittpnthrs":3499jc1b said:
Uncle Si":3499jc1b said:
Could it easily happen?

Do you think the cardinals, rams, 9ers, bills are better than who the team has played?

I do. Dallas, Miami, Vikings, and Atlanta are all worse than the Rams, Bills, and Cards. If the Niners werent so ravaged by injuries, they would be worse than them too.

I disagree..

The vikings are a playoff team, as is Miami. All we've seen from the Rams are wind against the bottom dwellers.

The bills just got canned by a team that needed a ladt second 50 yard field goal to beat the giants.

Not arguing with you, just disagreeing. The Vikings are 1-4 and last in their division. They beat the hapless Texans. They are not a playoff team. The Dolphins are 2-3 and have beaten the Jags and the currently dismantled 49ers. Fitzpatrick is their QB. They scare nobody. As for the Bills, yeah they just had their 'in the crapper' game. We'll just have to wait and see how that turns out when the Hawks travel there.

As for the subject matter, no way in hell the team goes 5-5. I can see them losing a couple of the next 5 though. Losing 1 would be great.

Agree with the part. I think the vikings are much better than that 1-4 record and will make it into the new expanded playoff format, same with dolphins.

I think 3-2 is almost an expectation. 4-1 ideal.

Sea84hawks

Reaction score
Cards loosing Chandler Jones is big!

Our dept will greatly improve with everyone coming back. More fresh bodies and backups got their experience. We in good shape.

Chapow

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks losing the next 5 games in a row is just about as likely as the Jets winning the Super Bowl this season.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":25czrfea said:
This team isn't losing its next 5.

It isn't losing 5 for the rest of the season.

This team isn't losing 5 in a row for the rest of #3's career.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm convinced I know nothing about this team or anything going on because we rank 32nd in defense butttttttttttt

10-0.

Russell Wilson with a Joe Burrow like LSU season to carry his team to a 2nd superb owl?

Yes.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Always nice to get a little help. GB losing by 18 to Bucs right now. If that holds we'll be only remaining unbeaten in NFC.
Titans and Steelers unbeaten in AFC. Both look dangerous. Henry is a beast! Titans won in OT, Steelers in a blowout.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mbedziy said:
Agree with the part. I think the vikings are much better than that 1-4 record and will make it into the new expanded playoff format, same with dolphins.

Vikings are toast and the Dolphins just gave up by starting their rookie QB.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Uncle Si":1543ey1f said:
zchurch74":1543ey1f said:
How possible is it for us to lose the next 5 games? It could easily happen. I don’t think we will lose to Arizona twice and San Fran shouldn’t be too tough. I will say I am very worried about our D trying to defend Fitz and Hop and a running QB.

I’m not hear to $h!t on our 5-0 start. I’m just looking at the schedule and am very happy we started 5-0 because the next 5 will tell us a lot. I think it will also make or break Russ’s MVP run.

Could it easily happen?

Their records say they are. The best team the team has played has the same record as the 49ers, who although last in our division, were in the Super Bowl in the year 2020.

Is 5-5 going to happen? Likely not. But it's not pessimistic to be worried about the next five games ending with a far worse result than the first five. Our last five opponents are a combined 9-20, and we played three home games vs. only two away. Our next five are a combined 19-11, and we play three out of five on the road, mostly in the division, which are always tougher games. Better hope the defense makes it to all the games.

LTH

Reaction score
I dont understand the negativity towards the D... Yes, every year there is adjustments that need to be made in personnel, scheme etc... the Seahawks have one of the best GM's in JS they have proven over the years to make these adjustments just about every year whether it be offense or defense... Its not always perfect but its good enough most of the time to be competitive in the league...Let the coaches coach up the young guys ... let the GM make the adjustments in personnel ...Be patient in letting Carroll work his process... there is no question in my mind there are issues but there is also no question in my mind that these issues will be addressed with the options the Hawks feel makes sense and the Hawks will be competitive for the SB like they are every year... Be patient and let it play out and lets see where it lands...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":35hc1rq7 said:
I dont understand the negativity towards the D... Yes, every year there is adjustments that need to be made in personnel, scheme etc... the Seahawks have one of the best GM's in JS they have proven over the years to make these adjustments just about every year whether it be offense or defense... Its not always perfect but its good enough most of the time to be competitive in the league...Let the coaches coach up the young guys ... let the GM make the adjustments in personnel ...Be patient in letting Carroll work his process... there is no question in my mind there are issues but there is also no question in my mind that these issues will be addressed with the options the Hawks feel makes sense and the Hawks will be competitive for the SB like they are every year... Be patient and let it play out and lets see where it lands...

LTH

So there is no need for a message board if we just sit back and say nothing and be patient, close the doors Wenhawk, there is no need for this site to discuss anything.

[youtube]ErvgV4P6Fzc[/youtube]