5-5

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":3746nevz said:
LTH":3746nevz said:
I dont understand the negativity towards the D... Yes, every year there is adjustments that need to be made in personnel, scheme etc... the Seahawks have one of the best GM's in JS they have proven over the years to make these adjustments just about every year whether it be offense or defense... Its not always perfect but its good enough most of the time to be competitive in the league...Let the coaches coach up the young guys ... let the GM make the adjustments in personnel ...Be patient in letting Carroll work his process... there is no question in my mind there are issues but there is also no question in my mind that these issues will be addressed with the options the Hawks feel makes sense and the Hawks will be competitive for the SB like they are every year... Be patient and let it play out and lets see where it lands...

LTH

So there is no need for a message board if we just sit back and say nothing and be patient, close the doors Wenhawk, there is no need for this site to discuss anything.

[youtube]ErvgV4P6Fzc[/youtube]

Im not trying to say dont talk about it... Im saying I dont understand the early negativity...and I stated the reasons why I dont understand it... Some people get really frustrated with the ups and the downs of a season and you should talk about that, only there is a whole process to this madness and if I understand it correctly and Im not saying I fully understand it but I'm hoping that some people see the progression they go through every year to reach a apex ... sorry if I came off that way not what i was intending...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":1cm7cr5i said:
chris98251":1cm7cr5i said:
LTH":1cm7cr5i said:
I dont understand the negativity towards the D... Yes, every year there is adjustments that need to be made in personnel, scheme etc... the Seahawks have one of the best GM's in JS they have proven over the years to make these adjustments just about every year whether it be offense or defense... Its not always perfect but its good enough most of the time to be competitive in the league...Let the coaches coach up the young guys ... let the GM make the adjustments in personnel ...Be patient in letting Carroll work his process... there is no question in my mind there are issues but there is also no question in my mind that these issues will be addressed with the options the Hawks feel makes sense and the Hawks will be competitive for the SB like they are every year... Be patient and let it play out and lets see where it lands...

LTH

So there is no need for a message board if we just sit back and say nothing and be patient, close the doors Wenhawk, there is no need for this site to discuss anything.

Im not trying to say dont talk about it... Im saying I dont understand the early negativity...and I stated the reasons why I dont understand it... Some people get really frustrated with the ups and the downs of a season and you should talk about that, only there is a whole process to this madness and if I understand it correctly and Im not saying I fully understand it but I'm hoping that some people see the progression they go through every year to reach a apex ... sorry if I came off that way not what i was intending...

LTH

All good, yards allowed is why we talk about it, lack of stopping 3rd down conversions is the other biggest reason.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":1dujbh52 said:
LTH":1dujbh52 said:
chris98251":1dujbh52 said:
LTH":1dujbh52 said:

LTH

LTH

All good, yards allowed is why we talk about it, lack of stopping 3rd down conversions is the other biggest reason.

I get those are issues for sure... but you understand my point being those issues are going to go away or be dramatically reduced as the season progresses ... the Hawks starting D has played one game together and has not even had the opportunity to play together let alone gel.. They are just getting started... the offense is way ahead of the D as far as development...the D will catch up.

and yeah Russell is having a great year he is taking advantage of the many great tools he has around him... for years the Hawks D carried the Hawks O this year it's reversed The money was spent on the O side of the ball that's fine the D will work itself out...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":2h3gmq1q said:

LTH

Dont understand the negativity? I dont think its that much of a mystery. The defense is one of the worst in the NFL and giving up historical numbers. Pretty obvious I would think. The pass rush is and has been the problem and the team is already past the point of being able to fix it. Should have been addressed in the offseason and it wasnt. Instead of wishing and hoping the current players all of a sudden become efficient at rushing the passer, lets just keep praying that Russ can continue to work his magic.

Also, making the playoffs and getting bounced early on year after year doesnt make a team competitive for SBs, and thats what the team has been for the past 4 or so years.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":o56oultp said:
LTH":o56oultp said:

LTH

Don't understand the negativity? I dont think its that much of a mystery. The defense is one of the worst in the NFL and giving up historical numbers. Pretty obvious I would think. The pass rush is and has been the problem and the team is already past the point of being able to fix it. Should have been addressed in the offseason and it wasnt. Instead of wishing and hoping the current players all of a sudden become efficient at rushing the passer, lets just keep praying that Russ can continue to work his magic.

Also, making the playoffs and getting bounced early on year after year doesn't make a team competitive for SBs, and that's what the team has been for the past 4 or so years.

No I dont understand the negativity at all. Just acquiring Snacks was HUGE...Do you know how it's going to change things? Other teams have to game plan for snacks he is a huge man...he is probably going to get double teams which is going to free up a good match up somewhere else for one of our guys so were going to get more pressure on the QB... which means good things for our secondary... Not to mention how important it is to have a huge man in the middle stopping the run and becoming a fresh man in the rotation... its going to pay off BIG...

Adams comes back... Dunbar is back now they just need to find their rhythm this is going to be a decent D...Just got to be patient and let Carroll and snider work it out...

LTH

OP
OP
zchurch74

zchurch74

Reaction score
I wat was I saying we are going to lose 5 in a row. I’m just saying I’m a little worried for the next 5 games. Murray looks really quick and fast. We do not have a good rep for closing off the edge. Yes it helps we have Adams this year but he can’t come up to the line every play. I’m not sure why but AZ is the team that worries me the most. If we can partially contain Donald I don’t think the Rams will be an issue. Goff is turning into the Goff we knew he would be. Whiners are so beat up, we just have to contain Kittle.

And as said above. What good are message boards without opinions.

LTH

Reaction score
nobody is telling you you shouldn't have an opinion... those are just opinions of your opinion LMAO!!!!!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":1ni86jtc said:
pittpnthrs":1ni86jtc said:
LTH":1ni86jtc said:

LTH

Don't understand the negativity? I dont think its that much of a mystery. The defense is one of the worst in the NFL and giving up historical numbers. Pretty obvious I would think. The pass rush is and has been the problem and the team is already past the point of being able to fix it. Should have been addressed in the offseason and it wasnt. Instead of wishing and hoping the current players all of a sudden become efficient at rushing the passer, lets just keep praying that Russ can continue to work his magic.

Also, making the playoffs and getting bounced early on year after year doesn't make a team competitive for SBs, and that's what the team has been for the past 4 or so years.

No I dont understand the negativity at all. Just acquiring Snacks was HUGE...Do you know how it's going to change things? Other teams have to game plan for snacks he is a huge man...he is probably going to get double teams which is going to free up a good match up somewhere else for one of our guys so were going to get more pressure on the QB... which means good things for our secondary... Not to mention how important it is to have a huge man in the middle stopping the run and becoming a fresh man in the rotation... its going to pay off BIG...

Adams comes back... Dunbar is back now they just need to find their rhythm this is going to be a decent D...Just got to be patient and let Carroll and snider work it out...

LTH

So you think Snacks is the answer to our problems do you? I can see your fan blind which is ok I suppose. The defense will continue to stink and it will end up biting the team in the butt down the road and nobody should be surprised.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1a9o3trl said:
LTH":1a9o3trl said:
pittpnthrs":1a9o3trl said:
LTH":1a9o3trl said:

LTH

LTH

So you think Snacks is the answer to our problems do you? I can see your fan blind which is ok I suppose. The defense will continue to stink and it will end up biting the team in the butt down the road and nobody should be surprised.

I dont think he Snacks is "the answer" to this D's problems but I think he is going to help a heck of a lot... I think getting back some of the injured parts of the D and then letting them play together and gel... this D is going to be better... I dont think they will be a great D like 2013 but I think they will be good enough to make the Hawks contenders...much better than they are now...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
I think the Hawks are getting some pressure on opposing QBs I think they just need to be more consistent... bringing in more depth at DT is going to keep the rotation fresh which will give them the opportunity to be more consistent...Not to mention Snacks is a great player...

olyfan63

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1c2c4gav said:
I keep trying to tell myself, without a lot of success at times, not to worry about what could go wrong, the Super Bowl window etc and just enjoy Russ's career in Seattle and realze a lot of fans never get a chance to enjoy that kind of greatness in decades of fandom for their team.

THIS. Can't we just savor the 5-0 start for an other few days? And enjoy the privilege of watching the Great Russell Wilson work his magic? It's so easy to take for granted, then it's gone, like Griffey, Edgar, and the Big Unit.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11vn2t04 said:
And.. i jinxed the Vikings :)
You weren't wrong, but somehow the Vikes found a way to make you wrong. Boy did they play us tough! Used it all up battling the Hawks, apparently. I guess it was the decades-long heartbreak that made sure you'd be a Seahawks fan. Still can't believe Favre threw that inexplicable last-second pick in the NFCCG vs Saints, when he could have easily scrambled into FG range for a Super Bowl berth.

evergreen

Reaction score
olyfan63":pkdb4nqq said:
Uncle Si":pkdb4nqq said:
And.. i jinxed the Vikings :)
You weren't wrong, but somehow the Vikes found a way to make you wrong. Boy did they play us tough! Used it all up battling the Hawks, apparently. I guess it was the decades-long heartbreak that made sure you'd be a Seahawks fan. Still can't believe Favre threw that inexplicable last-second pick in the NFCCG vs Saints, when he could have easily scrambled into FG range for a Super Bowl berth.
Yep. He threw one in OT against the Giants a few years before, gun slinger...