7-7 And I Feel Fine.

eo620

Reaction score
I came into the season believing that the Hawk's would be better than the experts thought (approx 5 wins) but still a work in progress. My pick was 8 -9, and that was getting at least 1 or two games from the NFC South! (Beat the Raiders, Panthers or Falcons and we're a playoff team!) The Seahawks are still on target for that record. With the upcoming draft haul I have nothing but hope for next year and forward. Use our first round picks on D Line beasts. I believe we'll be a play off team next year and continue to build

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Going in to this season my expectations could not have been lower. 7 wins is 2 more wins than I figured we would have. It's been a fun season and we have a few promising rookies to enjoy in the future as well as one emerging superstar (Woolen).

WarHawks

Reaction score
Agree with the above. Stock up on D line beasts, LB's, a center, and maybe a mid round developmental qb. And a bruiser RB/fullback. Wash/rinse, repeat in 2024.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Pete probably will need do some soul searching on coaches, schemes and player skills to decide what will turn around this team next season. I think playing rookies early gives them exposure but also they can be liable as well. We will need a killer draft and some vets to really plug in to make the team whole. I am still not sold on his staff given this years history but I am wishing he doesn’t stick to loyalty over skills to make difficult decisions if he needs to.

GemCity

Reaction score
I don’t see us being playoff bound next year. Perhaps the next.

There’s more uncertainties to count for atm.

I’m definitely happy with the last draft and the direction it appears we’re going though.

D

DomeHawk

I came into the season believing that the Hawk's would be better than the experts thought (approx 5 wins) but still a work in progress. My pick was 8 -9, and that was getting at least 1 or two games from the NFC South! (Beat the Raiders, Panthers or Falcons and we're a playoff team!) The Seahawks are still on target for that record. With the upcoming draft haul I have nothing but hope for next year and forward. Use our first round picks on D Line beasts. I believe we'll be a play off team next year

Atradees

Reaction score
The offense is fine. One of our worst defenses ever. Cant win like that. Denver won oh no.

themunn

Reaction score
Winning 7 games was the worst result we could've asked for. Not enough to make the playoffs, and cost themselves a top 10 pick in a rebuilding year.

Pathetic team. Can't even tank properly

If we lose the next 3? Yes it's the worst result we could have asked for - 7 wins, not enough for a top 10 pick and also losing 7 of our last 8 leaves us with tougher questions than we had at the beginning of the year.

But we *should* be in position to win 2 of our final 3. The Jets are on a losing streak even worse than ours, the Rams are decimated across the board with injuries.
Hell even the Chiefs are looking vulnerable now, going to OT against the league's worst team, if Wilson isn't knocked out of the game the Broncos might have actually come back to beat them, and a loss against the Bengals just prior to that, so I wouldn't rule us out there either although we're definitely going into that game as dogs.

If we finish with 9 wins in a season where we were expected to tank and 25% of our 2022 cap hit going to dead cap ($55m), and we are in a position to strengthen with a top 5 draft pick in any case, I think we can say it's a pretty good result. And most likely a playoff spot.

themunn

Reaction score
I'm not. Sitting at .500 puts your franchise in a tough situation because you're not going to get a good draft pick to bolster the team.

Maybe the term "tank" is what's setting people off. I'll put it another way: if you're going to rebuild, then truly rebuild. Don't sign some guys, and leave 3/4 of the roster in the tank like Seattle did. Tear it down to the studs to give yourself a legit Superbowl run in 4 years.

Look at the Mariners for example.. That's a true rebuild. Now they've put themselves in a great position to be competitive with many great young players to build around.

The league is full of teams who have finished with a bottom 3 worst record and have continued to bottom feed for a long time.

The Cardinals made the NFCCG more recently than us in 2015. But since then they have finished with a winning record and playoff appearance just once (last year), losing their only game. They've also finished with the league's worst record and had the number 1 overall pick and this year they've won just 4 games.
Once teams start losing it's hard to stop.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
More positives than negatives this year no matter how it ends. Draft class looks really good..Geno came outta nowhere...the trade we won in a landslide...and for most part very entertaining football which is a change from the last few years. Yes the defense sucks..several players on the defense suck...the DC sucks.. The problems are obvious and can be fixed.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Soon to be 7 and 8 (i.e. below .500). Somehow I don't really have a particularly high degree of confidence that the Seahawks are going to go into Kansas City and win there on Christmas Eve. Though I admit it would be a wonderful Christmas present if they did somehow manage to pull that one off.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But I can totally see them winning the final 2 games. Nothing wrong with a little hope, even if it's clinging on by a thread.........
9-8 could get them in. Before the season, many of us would have been thrilled with a 9-8 record and a possible wild card.

Fade

Reaction score
I had 'em at 5 wins before the season started.

However, it was contingent upon them playing with just a backup QB, a strong running game, and a defense that wasn't quite there yet, but was going to show the makings of something great in the near future. It was supposed to look like 2011 with Geno being the new TJack.
Instead we got 2021 again, but somehow worse. Geno was doing the little things better than the last QB, AND being productive.

But Pete has been at the stage of needing to be carried by absolutely herculean QB play to win for a while now.

I know it may be hard for some to believe around here, but other teams win games all of the time with their QB playing, meh to bad. It's just a rare occurrence in Seattle because they've been flawed for so long.

Just looking at the W-L record is incredibly lazy results based thinking. Ignores all context and misses what is actually important, which is the process.
If the Seahawks had the same exact record as they do now. But the defense was playing great, and they were running the hell out of the football, but Geno was a dud like he was supposed to be, I'd be over the moon right now.

Watching players loaf around on defense is even more concerning the last 2 weeks.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I can't disagree that was a huge loss. I think we are missing a leader in the defense. There's some talent there for sure, but nobody really seems to be able to lead them. I think bringing in Bruce helped a little, but they need more. Adams may be that key player.
He's like Penny, he just doesn't have an NFL body.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have now heard it all. Someone literally said there's no point in winning.

Not much else needs to be said.............other than..........wow