Aaron Donald retiring

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
For 10 years and at age 32, dude remained a beast and never declined. He probably could’ve kept it up for another year or two.

As a Seahawk fan I’m happy he’s gone and not terrorizing our oline anymore, but as a spectator he’s a legend. All the best to him.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Funny, it didn't seem like he had a lot of big plays against the 49ers, but by the sack total I guess he did. A lot of people are picking the Rams for the division this year, but their defense was already weak with Donald last year.
Niners seemed to game plan for him much better than the Hawks did. Watching Niner Ram games he wasn't nearly as effective as he was vs Seattle. IMO all the outside speed plays go away from Donald.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Today is a great day. A division rival just got massively weaker on defense.

Much respect to Aaron Donald for a great nfl career. I'm grateful that he won't be terrorizing the Seahawks offense no longer.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Baby Babies GIF

NoGain

Reaction score
It's hard for me to come up with another defensive tackle who was as impactful as he was on the interior, and I've seen a lot of great ones in my life.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It's hard for me to come up with another defensive tackle who was as impactful as he was on the interior, and I've seen a lot of great ones in my life.
I was just looking up how Neil Smith did but only 10 sacks against the Seahawks. BUT he was pairing with Derrick Thomas who had 19.5 sacks against the Seahawks.

uncle fester

Reaction score
First ballot HoF, no doubt. Ridiculous talent.

Won’t miss watching him continually wreck Seahawk game plans, but will miss him as a player in all other aspects.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Very true. The ones that come to my mind are Cortez Kennedy, Warren Sapp, N. Suh, Mean Joe Greene, and John Randle.

Edit: I had Reggie White in my original post but he was a DE not DT.

BASF

Reaction score
Very true. The ones that come to my mind are Cortez Kennedy, Warren Sapp, N. Suh, Mean Joe Greene, and John Randle.

Edit: I had Reggie White in my original post but he was a DE not DT.
White played both in one season early in his career.

As far as Donald, he probably got warning that the league office caught up to the HGH formula he was taking.

xray

Reaction score
Every QB on the Rams schedule this season , just got religion .