Abe Lucas is returning to practice!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I like Abe a bunch, but we could be looking at an ultimately career ending chronic injury here. From what I understand so far, this sounds like something he will have to deal with in perpetuity and it doesn't really have a fix. The next stretch of play from him will be revealing.

OT is a distinct early possibility this upcoming draft. Peters has us in as good of hands as we could ever hope for in relief. His play has been astounding for his age. Legitimately good.

toffee

Reaction score
I like Abe a bunch, but we could be looking at an ultimately career ending chronic injury here. From what I understand so far, this sounds like something he will have to deal with in perpetuity and it doesn't really have a fix. The next stretch of play from him will be revealing.

OT is a distinct early possibility this upcoming draft. Peters has us in as good of hands as we could ever hope for in relief. His play has been astounding for his age. Legitimately good.
True, but Peters is also 40 years old, does he has enough gas for another 12 games? May have to have a three tackles rotation to limit Peters' snap count to save his legs?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
True, but Peters is also 40 years old, does he has enough gas for another 12 games? May have to have a three tackles rotation to limit Peters' snap count to save his legs?
Probably not. Would have to keep rotating Stone in if Lucas can't go. Otherwise, he could spell Lucas should Lucas not be able to shoulder a full load with his knee condition.

Peters on an island probably doesn't last into the postseason.

toffee

Reaction score
It would be a huge bummer if we have to draft a RT as we used a 2nd in the trade for Big Cat Williams. I googled but couldn't get more information on Lucas's knee, otherwise I do have a orthopedic specialized in sports injury that I can ask.

renofox

Reaction score
I scanned his pre-draft scouting reports and one consistent knock on him was that he played too upright and had no real bend to his knees.

Maybe he's always had knee issues? Not conclusive by any means, but indicative of a possible long-standing issue.