Alex Collins re-signs with the Seahawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Atradees":93ug63tp said:
I am so sick of lowered expectations. AC isnt going to do anything. And he will be injured trying. Homer, Collins, Penny and Carson......Mash unit. i would release them all at look at three undrafted free agents.

WRONG.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2tze149h said:
He is a big, fat bust the second he was drafted instead of Chubb.

Come on, now. You know as well as I do that Chubb wouldn't be who he is if he was drafted here. Carson would still be the guy.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":32o43crx said:
I’d release everyone too but like Collins.

Penny has a total rushing total in 3 years of ... drumroll please ...823 rushing yards. He is a big, fat bust the second he was drafted instead of Chubb. Of course PC has a weird fetish for oft injured around the end RBs that can catch and keeps them around for way way way too long (Penny, Procise, McKissic) Idiot coach keeps drafting round pegs. Maybe he should start getting square pegs for the square holes instead of “Interchangeable” OL, TE to DE Sullivan, drafting Penny instead of Chubb to run up the gut etc.

Does this have to be literally every thread that mentions any running back?

Got anything to maybe say about Collins? Most of this has been just more of the Penny crap.

If you want to roll the dice in the first on running backs who pretty much internally exploded their entire knee in college, be my guest. See how often you get a Nick Chubb out of that instead of a Marshon Lattimore.

Own The West

Reaction score
I like this signing. Between him, Dallas, and Penny we have a strong core of backs whether Carson returns or not.

IMHO:

AC was too soft his first stint with us and gave up too many negative runs while 'riverdancing' in the backfield. In his second stint he showed a willingness to hit the hole and any defender that got in his way. Could be a Michael Bennettesque resigning.

Dallas showed a lot of promise last year running the ball. Big, strong, and violent. I really look forward to seeing what he can do now that he's learned the game.

Penny got healthy last year and looked good. I expect him to to be in good shape for the second time in his career coming into 2021. The last time he was in game shape to start the season was 2019 and he was averaging like 6 ypc until he tore his ACL. Declining his 5th year makes this a make or break season for him. If he's finally put the injuries behind him, he may be due for a huge year.

Homer, I'm not such a fan of. He's got good hands, but he's on the light side and gets knocked back by LBs and bigger DBs.

Hyde is capable but not dynamic. I'd let him walk and give his carries to Dallas or AC.

Carson is always a wild card based on his health. I don't think anyone gives him big money next year due to his injury history and the weak cap. He may be back, he may not. I don't really care. Does the upside of him running hard when healthy outweigh the disruption of having to replace him when he gets hurt and then re-integrate him when he gets healthy? If he does come back, I'd make him second string on principle. He'll give you good carries when he's in, but won't disrupt your game plan when he breaks down.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Own The West":1nljel1d said:
I like this signing. Between him, Dallas, and Penny we have a strong core of backs whether Carson returns or not.

IMHO:

AC was too soft his first stint with us and gave up too many negative runs while 'riverdancing' in the backfield. In his second stint he showed a willingness to hit the hole and any defender that got in his way. Could be a Michael Bennettesque resigning.

Dallas showed a lot of promise last year running the ball. Big, strong, and violent. I really look forward to seeing what he can do now that he's learned the game.

Penny got healthy last year and looked good. I expect him to to be in good shape for the second time in his career coming into 2021. The last time he was in game shape to start the season was 2019 and he was averaging like 6 ypc until he tore his ACL. Declining his 5th year makes this a make or break season for him. If he's finally put the injuries behind him, he may be due for a huge year.

Homer, I'm not such a fan of. He's got good hands, but he's on the light side and gets knocked back by LBs and bigger DBs.

Hyde is capable but not dynamic. I'd let him walk and give his carries to Dallas or AC.

Carson is always a wild card based on his health. I don't think anyone gives him big money next year due to his injury history and the weak cap. He may be back, he may not. I don't really care. Does the upside of him running hard when healthy outweigh the disruption of having to replace him when he gets hurt and then re-integrate him when he gets healthy? If he does come back, I'd make him second string on principle. He'll give you good carries when he's in, but won't disrupt your game plan when he breaks down.

I feel like this is a little harsh on Carson. He's only missed 7 games in the past 3 seasons. I'd bet on him completing a full season before I'd bet on Penny being healthy for even half of a season, considering he missed 21 games in the same timeframe despite not receiving the lions share of carries like Carson has.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I like this re-signing! Vet. min. contract for a year, a prove it deal for Collins. The signing allows the team the ability to play slow with Carson over his possible deal. There the reality of Carson has become he is good for the first 3/4 of the season and then is hobbled by injuries which reduce his effectiveness. As such he apparently can't carry a full load for a full year. The running scheme may change this coming season as well and Carson is best when being pounded up the middle which sadly forces him to pay the price for the physicality demanded of him. I like Carson and respect his physical style of play but I suspect he and the team will not be able to come to a happy resolution of his contractual wishes.

In reality though, how much of a real market did Collins actually have?

Latest posts