Pete and John FA so predictable

Mizak

Reaction score
Sign guys that are familiar with the defensive/offensive system, ala Al Woods, Dissly, Diggs, Jones, Neal, etc. Don’t sign any FA guys that have never played with the Seahawks before because they don’t know the system. if they lose RBs Penny and Carson, look for a trade to Washington for J.D. McKissic, probably try to get C.J. Procise back to compete with Alex Collins, DJ Dallas, and Travis Homer. Neglect Offensive Line.

Typical.

ivotuk

Reaction score
LOL Sour grapes much? This makes absolutely no sense. So they've never signed or traded for anyone not familiar with the Seahawks system? :179419:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Look, I'm frustrated with the front office too. But........do we need 735 threads about it? Just curious :mrgreen:

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
Richardson, Clowney, Jimmy Graham gone, Adams overpayed, Diggs good signing, Gregg Olsen, I blame Wilson, Duane Brown, might retire, Gabe Jackson, unknown. Yeah, hit or miss, leaning more towards miss.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mizak":10no0t7i said:
Sign guys that are familiar with the defensive/offensive system, ala Al Woods, Dissly, Diggs, Jones, Neal, etc. Don’t sign any FA guys that have never played with the Seahawks before because they don’t know the system. if they lose RBs Penny and Carson, look for a trade to Washington for J.D. McKissic, probably try to get C.J. Procise back to compete with Alex Collins, DJ Dallas, and Travis Homer. Neglect Offensive Line.

Typical.

Pretty weird take considering free agency doesn't even start until tomorrow, yet you're allowed to extend and resign your own players.

I know crazy that's what we've seen!

I haven't exactly loved how Pete and John operate in free agency, but damn dude how bout wait a month or two until after it's over before being angry.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If only they were more aggressive at tampering!

Fade

Reaction score
It's like it's business as usual for them, but now without a QB. Sounds like a winning formula.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete's system works, at least to keep you treading water.

It keeps you near .500 just never much above it. The rest of that was basically Russ winning games we would have lost.

But you could play QB for the team and we would probably still be near .500.

It really doesn't matter who the QB if the goal is to tread water.

Which is a bummer because we really need the team to be abjectly terrible for 2-3 years in order to dig ourselves out of this.

We will probably be bad but likely good enough not to be terrible. Which is unfortunate.

Rat

Reaction score
I actually think McKissic would be a good re-addition if he hadn't just signed with Buffalo for cheap. I believe over the past two years, only Alvin Kamara has more receptions from the RB position.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":haf3zwue said:
I actually think McKissic would be a good re-addition if he hadn't just signed with Buffalo for cheap. I believe over the past two years, only Alvin Kamara has more receptions from the RB position.

He is already signed and not by us

Fade

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":r538uffl said:

It keeps you near .500 just never much above it. The rest of that was basically Russ winning games we would have lost.

Which is a bummer because we really need the team to be abjectly terrible for 2-3 years in order to dig ourselves out of this.

We will probably be bad but likely good enough not to be terrible. Which is unfortunate.

In a bad division like it was in 2010 and 2011, I could see it playing out like that.

But it's now 2022, The Rams, Cardinals, and 49ers are going to absolutely wash the Seahawks as it stands. The Seahawks currently have the worst starting QB in the NFL. They need to hit on a rookie QB stat, just to be mediocre at this point. Spooky times ahead.

massari

Reaction score
I don't understand the signing of old guys like Diggs and Woods during a rebuild, one where you need to spend minimal salary to rollover when you actually need it in the future, and also to finish low enough to where you don't have to give up a king's ransom in order to trade up for a top QB in the 2023 draft.

The Neal, Jones, and Dissly signings make sense, if they plan on giving Dissly the targets he saw in his first two seasons.

Fade

Reaction score
massari":3dsjwc61 said:
I don't understand the signing of old guys like Diggs and Woods during a rebuild, one where you need to spend minimal salary to rollover when you actually need it in the future, and also to finish low enough to where you don't have to give up a king's ransom in order to trade up for a top QB in the 2023 draft.

The Neal, Jones, and Dissly signings make sense, if they plan on giving Dissly the targets he saw in his first two seasons.

Delusional Pete believes they are one of the best teams in the league. He's not rebuilding.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":1c9hruij said:
massari":1c9hruij said:
I don't understand the signing of old guys like Diggs and Woods during a rebuild,
Because we're not in a rebuild.

This is the NFL, unless we're about to trade for a top 15 QB................we're in a rebuild.

I think the disconnect with some fans is they somehow think "signing other teams players > signing our own players."

Let me ask those fans this question, why do you think those other teams aren't resigning those players? Right, cause they're not as good as you think they are.

But I know, it's super exciting to sign other teams players, as opposed to guys who have been in your system, guys who have already bought in and guys who you have the most information on.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You are right about Pete being confused about our viability.

There was a quote recently (within the past 3 months) where he implied he considered this team a contender. Not sure how that is possible when he must have been sure we were trading Wilson by then ...maybe he honestly thought we would get Watson and reload>?

It is a weird place to be in where San Diego and Cleveland are significantly better teams with better rosters and coaches than us.

I am not even sure we are better than the Jets right now. HOPING we are at at least better than the Giants.

I still think Pete will do his weird Ty Willingham impersonation to win games or keep them close, and so we won't get as shelled as some fear.

I would love a few 3 win seasons but we probably need 3 of them to do an effective rebuild. How many fans will even be left by then?
(And will Carroll even still be alive by then?)

Elemas

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be mad taking Sauce Gardner.

BRB…gotta finish the rest of this crack pipe.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1erjycw8 said:

Disagree. Flynn was leading the competition when Pete gave Russ the job because he knew his QB would need to run with crap olines for 10 years. Flynn wins us 1 SB possibly 2. :stirthepot: