Another vote for Quinn!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Quinn is a bad hire given his history. He is a great DC, but mediocre HC. Quinn didn’t do jack after Kyle Shanahan left for the Niners HC position.

I get that people want to re-live the 2013 magic, but at this point it’s 10 years in the past. We are starting to sound like Niner and Cowboy fans, clinging to the days gone by.

I will remember those days fondly, grasping onto former coaches and players from that era unless they have merit in the now is going not going to get the Seahawks anywhere.

Last edited:

hawkpride

Reaction score
All you are wishing for a new HC will surely be bitching when that move is made, without the results you all think should happen. We have been spoiled with the LOB days and a Super Bowl win.
Pete will retire and walk into the sunset in a short time as the team is surly to be sold, due to Paul Allen's wishes.

How bout we enjoy the last ride as it is and be happy for what we have / had.. Can you wrap your head around that?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Dan Quinn blew several big leads with the Falcons, most famous of which was the Superbowl collapse vs New England, and got ran out of town.

And let's not forget that his vaunted D gave up a 10 point 4th quarter lead, also against the Pats, the last time he coached here. We can do far better than him. It would just be more of the same.
He also beat the shit out of the Seahawks on his way to that superbowl

m0ng0

Reaction score
you people are insane, Quinn has never won anything as a head coach, but you all hate Pete so much you would just rather have No Coach than Pete, maybe we could coach by committee, take a vote before each play...

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The problem I see is that a successful HC in the NFL has to be more than just a strategy guy.

He has to have a solid x/o’s philosophy with a fresh wrinkle for sure, he needs to have an excellent approach/relationship to assistants and coordinator’s, has to be a motivator and most importantly in my opinion is the ability to implement and grow an actual culture for the whole organization.

Quinn is talented and experienced. I don’t think he can check all of those boxes.

Xxx

Reaction score
All you are wishing for a new HC will surely be bitching when that move is made, without the results you all think should happen. We have been spoiled with the LOB days and a Super Bowl win.
Pete will retire and walk into the sunset in a short time as the team is surly to be sold, due to Paul Allen's wishes.

How bout we enjoy the last ride as it is and be happy for what we have / had.. Can you wrap your head around that?
As long as this ain’t the last ride… maybe he’s sandbagging

Xxx

Reaction score
The problem I see is that a successful HC in the NFL has to be more than just a strategy guy.

He has to have a solid x/o’s philosophy with a fresh wrinkle for sure, he needs to have an excellent approach/relationship to assistants and coordinator’s, has to be a motivator and most importantly in my opinion is the ability to implement and grow an actual culture for the whole organization.

Quinn is talented and experienced. I don’t think he can check all of those boxes.
What coaches actually call plays, the OC is so important and if they can’t be themselves what’s the point

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
What coaches actually call plays, the OC is so important and if they can’t be themselves what’s the point
I don’t expect the HC to call the plays on either side, but the successful ones definitely have a philosophy that they are all in with. And that’s where the part about building good relations with their coordinator’s becomes integral to establishing the culture.

Reactions: Xxx

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
brian schottenheimer
I could actually see him being a better HC than OC. I've heard his players really respect him. He's more of an old school, you toe the line sort of guy from what I hear. I could see him doing a good job building a hard-nosed football team. He seemed to be solid from a game planning standpoint, though sometimes he was too committed to the plan. The Dallas Cowboys game being the most egregious example of this.

The big question with coordinators is always the organization and management of personalities. You could be a great coordinator but suck as managing personalities and creating culture, i.e Josh McDaniels. I suspect Schottenheimer might not be too bad there.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He also beat the shit out of the Seahawks on his way to that superbowl
I attribute that to Kyle Shannahon with Ryan in his prime and Julio over Dan Quinn. Plus that Seahawks team wasn't very good that year anyway unfortunately. But I'm picking up what you're laying down

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
you people are insane, Quinn has never won anything as a head coach, but you all hate Pete so much you would just rather have No Coach than Pete, maybe we could coach by committee, take a vote before each play...
My vote is for Quinn, but not at the expense of firing Pete.

His tenure should end with dignity, and he's capable of coaching even dysfunctional teams to decent records. He's not really an old horse that needs to be put down, as angry as we are with our underperformance at the current moment.

Quinn is likely the best succession plan for when Pete leaves, if he's available. He did well in a traditionally hard-to-win-at place in Atlanta, with faults. I like guys who are proven talents at HC, but deserve another shot at a class organization. There are retreads, and then there are guys who it simply didn't work out for. Atlanta ain't sniffed anything since Quinn.

Also, to be fair, Shanny choked it away as well. He isn't bad himself.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I would pick the UW head coach as our HC and compliment him with a cerebral DC. He will find ways to score points and we just need a defense that just need to spend less time on the field