Anthony Richardson aced the s2 cognition exam

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If Jalen Hurts can end up the highest paid player in league history, this guy has a better chance to do so than Jalen did coming out.
Maybe so but Jalen Hurts was never considered a top 5 pick. He was drafted in the 2nd round, pick #53. If everyone was talking that range with AR, then it would be more plausible.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I’m sure lots and lots of former QBs can get a high score on that test. Like those former D1 starters, Lance was never worth that high of pick.
Agreed. Lance was a definite reach by the 49ers but so would Richardson be if he's taken in the top 5.

WarHawks

Reaction score
That is the obvious comparison there is also things like.
  • Elite Size Strength and athletic ability
  • Arm strength and ability to throw downfield and into tight windows.
  • Duel threat
  • Similar to Josh Allan
  • Good but not exceptional S2 score
So now they have to be good in a duel too? Man, being an nfl qb is tougher than I thought. ✌️

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
The stats are there, but it's the growth potential for me.

Richardson's profile is an outlier, but his athleticism is an outlier too. Digging into the tape, I (and an non-insignificant amount of others) think that he's got what it takes to grow into a player who tilts a field hard. Seattle would be an especially good landing place. Let him grow for a bit under Geno, then throw him into a simplified offense that builds slowly while giving him the opportunity to gash teams on the ground. It's not that wild of a vision.
Yes, it is. In the history of the NFL that scenario has never worked out. QB has one single mediocre college season where his completion rate is in the low 50's becomes an elite level NFL QB? Yeah, that's not going to happen. If you don't already know the position by the time you get to the NFL it's too late. This kid has a giant neon sign above him that is flashing "BUST!"

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yes, it is. In the history of the NFL that scenario has never worked out. QB has one single mediocre college season where his completion rate is in the low 50's becomes an elite level NFL QB? Yeah, that's not going to happen. If you don't already know the position by the time you get to the NFL it's too late. This kid has a giant neon sign above him that is flashing "BUST!"
A current top NFL quarterback had a very similar profile and threw more picks than touchdowns his rookie year.

The league is changing.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't even mind if you don't like the prospect, but pretending there's no shot and no precedent for this to work out is just not realistic.

WarHawks

Reaction score
You have a valid point, but it's not hard to envision him putting it all together if he had stayed in school another year or two, in which case he would likely be the #1 pick down the road (and we would have no shot at him). I would even argue that it would be unlikely that he wouldn't put it together if he stayed in school, due to his iq and character. It's definitely a huge risk, and probably won't happen for that reason.. But it's also one that could pay off just as huge, especially since we're playing with house money at 5 anyway. I don't know why I keep blabbing on about this. I'm just beating a dead horse, and who cares what we think anyway? At least we only have a few more days to wait and see what happens. Tired of prognosticating.

bileever

Reaction score
I think someone else mentioned this, but the bust rate for first-round QBs over the last 25 years is an astonishing 40.4 percent.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2441018-which-positions-are-the-safest-riskiest-at-the-top-of-the-nfl-draft

The lowest bust rate, btw, is for centers, 8.3%.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If both Carter and Richardson are available at 5, and one turns out to be an MVP superstar, and the other one busts, and we end up picking the one that busts, I'm going to have flashbacks of Sam Bowie and Greg Oden. I hope the Draft Gods aren't that cruel. 200

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I don't even mind if you don't like the prospect, but pretending there's no shot and no precedent for this to work out is just not realistic.
Not no shot, he has a very small chance of hitting. It could happen but you don't waste your top 5 pick on that kind of long shot. His bust odds are 90%. It's a stupid pick. Will Levis has a better shot at succeeding than Richardson. There is no precedent. You can't find one because there isn't a college QB that only played one mediocre season and became elite in the NFL. It's fantasy. I'd pick Carter at 5, your odds are a least decent despite all the red flags. Either way it will be fun watching his career. I'll be rooting for him to succeed unless he ends up in our division.

GemCity

Reaction score
If PC and JS are having the type of debates this forums is having, hopefully they do the right thing and trade the 5th pick away.

Maybe grab a first rounder next year but with the notion that they will never pick at 5 or higher unless something went terribly, terribly wrong.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
If PC and JS are having the type of debates this forums is having, hopefully they do the right thing and trade the 5th pick away.

Maybe grab a first rounder next year but with the notion that they will never pick at 5 or higher unless something went terribly, terribly wrong.
They arent, they have their board already and will stick to it. I don't think they trade back at 5. You trade back mid to late 1st. You dont get top 5 picks very often. Roll the dice and don't be a pussy.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
This.

While Schneider, Carroll and our new QB coach Olson could be wrong, I still take their decision over anyone from dot next.
They won't be wrong because they aren't going to take him.

GemCity

Reaction score
Bucky Brooks says there are roughly 15 prospects with a first round grade this year. So that's pretty much the cut off point for a trade down scenario. Once you get beyond that, the drop off (talent) is quite significant, according to him.

I don't think they'll trade out. Because someone will fall to them. My bet is on Anderson, being the one.

Both Houston & Arizona are rumored to be in on Wilson. Arizona is also trying like mad to trade their pick. The Raiders are rumored to be that team that wants to acquire the 3rd pick. While the Colts are locked in on Levis.

That leaves you with...

1. Young
2. Wilson
3. Stroud (Trade)
4. Levis

The Hawks should have their pick of Anderson, Carter & Richardson.

If you believe the Matt Miller report from earlier in the week, then Anderson should be the pick.
I’m happy with that!

James in PA

Reaction score
Peter King came out with his mock today. He has us taking Carter at 5. Cool. But he has us passing on Richardson (again) at 20 and him going to the Vikings 3 picks later. Now that would hurt.