Any believers left?

What do you want?

• Keep Carroll

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Fire Carroll

Votes: 51 65.4%
  • Extend Wilson (after his contract is up)

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Let Wilson Walk

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hawkfan68

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":1st9deuy said:
Moving Wilson this offseason will be a priority for the front office in terms of reaping a huge windfall in draft capital. . Pete will probably stay and Jody will do nothing about it is my guess. Wilson costs too much and produces very little in return. And we need to spend this offseason on free agency wisely. Listen to what I say and we will succeed. If a guy like Geno Smith can play 2 nail biters against 2 of the better defenses in the league I like our chances with a guy like Colt McCoy, Geno, Ryan Fitzpatrick if he doesn't retire or trade to Philly for Hurts and picks or.....trade Wilson to the Giants for Mike Glennon and 5 first rounders lol. Sound good?

What? :34853_doh:

Elemas

Reaction score
Absolutely hate the idea of Russ playing for another team but, I do believe a full rebuild is necessary. I voted Fire Pete…appreciate what he’s done but, all good things eventually come to an end.

Russ has several years left in him and could possibly lead another team to the SB. “Strike while the irons hot” is fitting. If you can still get three firsts, a third, and a quality player or two, do it. With a rebuild in mind, you try to get at least a third for Wagner, a second (maybe a reach) for Lockett. You’re probably screwed with JA. Keep young talent if possible (fairly sure DK would want out though). Build from the lines first, corners next, then LBs. Going to need more LBs than most will admit. I know he is young and perhaps we’ve been spoiled by Wagz and KJ, but Brooks doesn’t look like he’s going to be a “star”. Maybe a bit below average. Keep developing the likes of Lewis, Taylor, etc.. Hopefully Brown recovers and is 100% because that kid can play.

I’m under the impression that Pete’s had the most influence in the drafts. I have also heard that JS was the driver for folks like Russ, Carson, etc. Personally, I think our draft picks have been subpar in the last several years. Too many picks like LJ and Penny. If we were able to get our hands on all those picks, I’d love to see JS work some magic without overriding power from PC. I don’t have knowledge or specific support of these comments about the Hawks drafts…just what I’ve read on sites such as this one and Field Gulls.

It’s hard to imagine the Hawks without PC and/or Russ but, I’m convinced this is the way we should go. We can give Russ a bit of justice by sending him to a team & coach that will utilize his strengths, possibly get him a SB or a deep playoff run.

The first few years results could mirror what we’re seeing now but, the future could be bright. A gamble no doubt but, one I think needs to happen.

Unfortunately, I’m not the owner and I don’t think she (they) have the cojones to do all of this…

nwHawk

Reaction score
I’d say blow it up. Convince Pete to retire and trade Russ. Let the team suck next year and get a top draft pick slot for 2023. You have to be realistic. It’s going to take 3 years minimum to get competitive again. AZ, and to some extent so does SF, have a leg up and the Rams way find out they are on the downside of things. Just too many holes to plug to realistic challenge for a Stuper Bowl the way things are right now. I wish it was true, but see it happen over and over for decades. Ignoring the issue will not make them go away. Time to address the problems.

jeremiah

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ou2t0mp said:
Trading Russ makes no sense.

Let's assume Russ is at fault. You have a 10% chance of him being effective with another coach.

Why wouldn't you take that?

10% vs 0% seems pretty reasonable.

Almost ANY franchise is taking the 'you have a 10% chance at a HOF QB' offer. You know how I know? Because that is essentially your chances when you are the literal #1 pick in the NFL draft and you pick a QB for that slim chance that the QB ends up a star.

Go look at the #s, one of the best cases is Cam Newton. Another is Luck for the Colts. You don't think they would have traded those results for what Wilson delivered here? And those are some of the best cases.

So yes, you keep your QB even if you are sure it is his fault, because you have to try with another coach to be certain.

There is no circumstance where it is worth 1st round picks (you might want to check the success rates on 1st round picks in the NFL btw...because it is not even 50%).

And there is no circumstance where Pete rebuilds without Wilson unless you rip the team down to the studs/frame.

Pete could potentially rebuild here but it would take 3-5 years and he would need to lose often in the interim.

You roll the dice, even on the slim chance, with Wilson because the alternative is nothing. 10% or even 5% chance of success is better than assured failure.

I recall people taunting a certain NE coach named Bellichik with words like " How is he doing without the franchise QB NOW"? Well look at what HE IS BUILDING, and PC is tearing down and wasting draft picks like they are nothing. PC is clearly a poor coach at this point in his career. The game has passed him by, the players do not listen, and he doesn't have the testicular fortitude to tell talented players like Penny (sorry Lucky Penny I really do and did root for you), stay on the field or you will be cut as soon as he comes off injury list. The same for Carson, who would make a 8 yard run, then wave at the sideline so he could go get something to drink and a couple of lung fulls of O2. THAT IS COACHING.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Jville":3dh02xdr said:
Landing in the right place, at the right time and most importantly in the right program ..........

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1465101624087564293[/tweet]

.................. we heard lots of noise among Patriot fans including those who wanted Bill's head just a few months ago.

Guess there is life after Brady after all ...... :229031_shrug: ...... the demise of the Patriots was highly exaggerated.

The Hawks would be better off with Colt McCoy, a lot of money and draft picks. RW is done D U N....DONE. He is the Donovan McNabb of this generation

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm at the point where I don't care what the change looks like, I just want to see change that envolves Pete walking. If we got to suffer through a rebuild then so be it. I'm a Cougar, Mariner and old seahawk fan, losing unfortunately comes with the territory here in WA state.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Have Pete resign...he'll want to....I think he will after the season....he won't stay for a rebuild.

Let Russ move on after 10 years.

Mark my words.

jeremiah

Reaction score
James in PA":18seqsce said:
At this point, ya gotta move on from both Pete and Russ. You gotta get an offensive minded HC as the game is so geared towards offense. I have mixed feelings on RW, but in the end, we badly need draft picks and a QB who isn't hogging up so much cap space. Speaking of draft picks, the hardest guy to decide on is Schneider. His track record has not been great for a long time. But how much of that was Pete influence?? What a big ole friggin mess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jettison Pete, Keep Schneider.....

jeremiah

Reaction score
WarHawks":2r737lny said:
Sgt. Largent":2r737lny said:
jamescasey1124":2r737lny said:
Why do we have to trade russ?.

Lots of reasons;

1. How can you rebuild your roster with no draft picks. Quickest way to get a bunch of high picks is to trade your player with the most value. Russell.

2. Russell's reached the peak of his potential. His game is elusiveness, escapability, scrambling around and making explosive plays downfield. Is that going to get better or worse as he continues to age, get slower and have more injuries? Worse.

3. We might not have a choice, if Russell was unhappy after a 12-4 season, what do you think his unhappiness level's going to be after an abysmal 4-5 win season? Going to be off the charts, and he will again ask for a trade, this time much more forcefully.

Blow it up. Blow it all up.

This. Father Time is undefeated. Russ looks slow and confused, and that won't get better with age. Time to blow it up. This team is just about unwatchable. The only reason I even do is because I've been a fan for decades. But it's pretty hard to watch this level of ineptitude, and see it slowly getting worse every year.

Russell reminds me of Donovan Mc Nabb.... Mr superstar, Mr All-Pro who was never that good, and was worthless at about RW's age.

We need a Coach with unbiased eye, a great mind for football, and a lot of friends who are coaches, who believe in his system. Let him decide what he has seen over time with RW, and what to do with it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jeremiah":17sk5p6p said:
Russell reminds me of Donovan Mc Nabb.... Mr superstar, Mr All-Pro who was never that good...

Christ. My head hurts reading this drivel. :34853_doh:

BamKam

Reaction score
jeremiah":3jy2ew6w said:
WarHawks":3jy2ew6w said:
Sgt. Largent":3jy2ew6w said:
jamescasey1124":3jy2ew6w said:
Why do we have to trade russ?.

Lots of reasons;

1. How can you rebuild your roster with no draft picks. Quickest way to get a bunch of high picks is to trade your player with the most value. Russell.

2. Russell's reached the peak of his potential. His game is elusiveness, escapability, scrambling around and making explosive plays downfield. Is that going to get better or worse as he continues to age, get slower and have more injuries? Worse.

3. We might not have a choice, if Russell was unhappy after a 12-4 season, what do you think his unhappiness level's going to be after an abysmal 4-5 win season? Going to be off the charts, and he will again ask for a trade, this time much more forcefully.

Blow it up. Blow it all up.

This. Father Time is undefeated. Russ looks slow and confused, and that won't get better with age. Time to blow it up. This team is just about unwatchable. The only reason I even do is because I've been a fan for decades. But it's pretty hard to watch this level of ineptitude, and see it slowly getting worse every year.

Russell reminds me of Donovan Mc Nabb.... Mr superstar, Mr All-Pro who was never that good, and was worthless at about RW's age.

We need a Coach with unbiased eye, a great mind for football, and a lot of friends who are coaches, who believe in his system. Let him decide what he has seen over time with RW, and what to do with it.

Russ was great lets not try and re write history. I am fully on board that NOW he is trying too hard to prove to everyone he is a pocket passing QB and abandoning what made him great which was taking what the defense gave him. He doesn't use his legs nor does he look to very often unless the team is in desperation mode.

I don't think this team will be successful with him going forward but he was a fantastic QB for us for a decade.

jeremiah

Reaction score
xray":2lydwsxg said:
Can we trade Wilson and Carroll for Mac Jones and Belichick ? Wish I wasn't kidding . :D

NO, but we can sign Josh McDaniel and be set for 20 years. I flat out believe in him, and if he could bring along a Belichik type of disciplinarian to take care of the mindset, along with his fertile imagination on offense? I would say WOOOO HOOOO.

jeremiah

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":mv3fulbr said:
Moving Wilson this offseason will be a priority for the front office in terms of reaping a huge windfall in draft capital. . Pete will probably stay and Jody will do nothing about it is my guess. Wilson costs too much and produces very little in return. And we need to spend this offseason on free agency wisely. Listen to what I say and we will succeed. If a guy like Geno Smith can play 2 nail biters against 2 of the better defenses in the league I like our chances with a guy like Colt McCoy, Geno, Ryan Fitzpatrick if he doesn't retire or trade to Philly for Hurts and picks or.....trade Wilson to the Giants for Mike Glennon and 5 first rounders lol. Sound good?

I don't necessarily agree, but at least you are thinking, and doing a great job of bouncing ideas off of the wall.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Jville":3os1d3oh said:
Landing in the right place, at the right time and most importantly in the right program ..........

.................. we heard lots of noise among Patriot fans including those who wanted Bill's head just a few months ago.

Guess there is life after Brady after all ...... :229031_shrug: ...... the demise of the Patriots was highly exaggerated.

Only idiots would call for Belichiks head. THAT is a coach you allow to do what he does best until he WANTS to leave. He is the greatest in my memory, and I go back to Lombardi. Chuck Noll? he had a run, but it was players. Tom Landry, ALWAYS over rated. Don Shula, great but he got old and locked onto Dan Marino as the way for too many years. Belichik is the best of all time.

massari

Reaction score
Jville":212cbgz0 said:

Imagine calling for his head when he only had Cam Newton at QB and key players were COVID opt-outs for the entire season