Any believers left?

What do you want?

• Keep Carroll

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Fire Carroll

Votes: 51 65.4%
  • Extend Wilson (after his contract is up)

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Let Wilson Walk

Votes: 15 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":4gmdb07w said:
Sgt. Largent":4gmdb07w said:
jamescasey1124":4gmdb07w said:
Why do we have to trade russ?.

Lots of reasons;

1. How can you rebuild your roster with no draft picks. Quickest way to get a bunch of high picks is to trade your player with the most value. Russell.

2. Russell's reached the peak of his potential. His game is elusiveness, escapability, scrambling around and making explosive plays downfield. Is that going to get better or worse as he continues to age, get slower and have more injuries? Worse.

3. We might not have a choice, if Russell was unhappy after a 12-4 season, what do you think his unhappiness level's going to be after an abysmal 4-5 win season? Going to be off the charts, and he will again ask for a trade, this time much more forcefully.

Blow it up. Blow it all up.

You can build a team with free agents. Not just a draft. Again, no one said we were rebuilding accept people on this board. No one in control of the hawks.

You have decided he reached the peak of his potential. That is your opinion. Not factual. My opinion is you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Stop assuming you speak for other people. You don't know what russ will do. Honestly, if nothing changes and Pete remains with all of his staff...I hope russ is gone. I would love to see him play for a team who will build around him instead of a worn out philosophy. Also, it would piss off alot of you naysayers who want him gone anyway.

I'm telling you right now...you are wrong. Russ is not the problem. Only deals with what he is given. Over the years it has gotten worse and everybody is taking it out on him. If he is provided a chance to win here still...he will stay. Alot has to change. But not the change you are talking about.

No one who's watched the Hawk's since mid season last year can say with a straight face that Russell's not part of the problem with this team. His play, his relationship with his coach, his injury, his drama, etc.

Now is Russell THE problem? No, he's pretty far down the list. But his poor play of late and other things I've listed are certainly part of the equation of why the Hawk's are now 3-7.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Trading Russ makes no sense.

Let's assume Russ is at fault. You have a 10% chance of him being effective with another coach.

Why wouldn't you take that?

10% vs 0% seems pretty reasonable.

Almost ANY franchise is taking the 'you have a 10% chance at a HOF QB' offer. You know how I know? Because that is essentially your chances when you are the literal #1 pick in the NFL draft and you pick a QB for that slim chance that the QB ends up a star.

Go look at the #s, one of the best cases is Cam Newton. Another is Luck for the Colts. You don't think they would have traded those results for what Wilson delivered here? And those are some of the best cases.

So yes, you keep your QB even if you are sure it is his fault, because you have to try with another coach to be certain.

There is no circumstance where it is worth 1st round picks (you might want to check the success rates on 1st round picks in the NFL btw...because it is not even 50%).

And there is no circumstance where Pete rebuilds without Wilson unless you rip the team down to the studs/frame.

Pete could potentially rebuild here but it would take 3-5 years and he would need to lose often in the interim.

You roll the dice, even on the slim chance, with Wilson because the alternative is nothing. 10% or even 5% chance of success is better than assured failure.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I think it will be easier to get a top coach with Wilson here. With the right pieces he can get you to a championship much easier. Plus we will not have a first round pick this year. The issue is that RW is going to collect 35-40 mil a year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What puzzles and concerns me is that a head coach with almost 40 years experience can hold a press conference and say he's frustrated but not sure what's wrong with the team. He's been doing that on a weekly basis. The problems that plague this team are the same each week. The defense can't get off the field, the offense can't consistently sustain drives or convert 3rd downs, the team discipline or lack thereof is atrocious, etc.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1m66uxwr said:
jamescasey1124":1m66uxwr said:
Why do we have to trade russ?.

Lots of reasons;

1. How can you rebuild your roster with no draft picks. Quickest way to get a bunch of high picks is to trade your player with the most value. Russell.

2. Russell's reached the peak of his potential. His game is elusiveness, escapability, scrambling around and making explosive plays downfield. Is that going to get better or worse as he continues to age, get slower and have more injuries? Worse.

3. We might not have a choice, if Russell was unhappy after a 12-4 season, what do you think his unhappiness level's going to be after an abysmal 4-5 win season? Going to be off the charts, and he will again ask for a trade, this time much more forcefully.

Blow it up. Blow it all up.

This. Father Time is undefeated. Russ looks slow and confused, and that won't get better with age. Time to blow it up. This team is just about unwatchable. The only reason I even do is because I've been a fan for decades. But it's pretty hard to watch this level of ineptitude, and see it slowly getting worse every year.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":24s7glwr said:
Trading Russ for draft picks would be terminally stupid.
For this current front office, yes, but, for a new front office, high draft picks may be exactly what is needed to properly rebuild.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John is done..Most of his draft/trades blow up in his face.
Pete is done..He is stubborn and won't change-Too loyal.
Russ is gone..Forget playing till 40..The legs are gone(Houdini is dead)
BWags is done..Father time has arrived-Yeah it sucks.

LTH

Reaction score
I guess that I have not given up all hope...I see that the Hawks have lost the last two games to two of the best football teams in the NFL when they are trying to get on track... tough schedule... clearly the PACK and the Cards are a better team right now... I still think the Hawks turn it around but I'm un sure if this team can make the playoffs I think they would have to win out and even then it might not happen... they have the talent to do it whether they will or not I don't know...

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":1jcruv9j said:
I guess that I have not given up all hope...I see that the Hawks have lost the last two games to two of the best football teams in the NFL when they are trying to get on track... tough schedule... clearly the PACK and the Cards are a better team right now... I still think the Hawks turn it around but I'm un sure if this team can make the playoffs I think they would have to win out and even then it might not happen... they have the talent to do it whether they will or not I don't know...

LTH

It would be very hard to get back into the playoff, I am assuming this season is lost. Me as a 12, I like to see the team play youngsters, sign FAs, get back to experimenting, start always compete. Some to think of it, always compete MUST start with Russ vs Geno, may the best QB start the next game.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Full House cleaning is the only way to go from here. New staff, New players. Many bad seasons ahead but atleast there would be a plan to build.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete did leave us the blueprints for creating a top 5-10 team if we follow it.

It would be completely counterintuitive and involve a lot of things we hated about our drafts here, but it would likely work.

You really have to just get lucky on the QB front so the chances of getting another elite QB falls to near zero, something like less than 20% even with the first pick.

But you could have a great team in 3-5 years if you follow the path Pete laid out. If John stays, I think he could reproduce it if he could manage to hold off the fans after several 'failed' drafts.

You then need a good coach though. And that is the wildcard, because those like the QB, are tremendously hard to find. You would not want Pete under any circumstance.

The roadmap is built, whether we follow it or not is another issue.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I used to be a believer when Paul was the owner, but now I can't say I trust ownership to turn things around.

If there ever was a time for Jody Allen or at least Chuck Arnold to publicly come forward and give us the temperature of what's going on, this is the time.

This organization's been on cruise control since Paul died, and THIS is a time when you find out if you have an owner who's engaged and cares.

It's time for someone to step up and give us something. We're staying the course, we trust Pete and John, we need to see improvement or there's going to be changes.............anything. SOMETHING.

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3rebbg09 said:

It would be completely counterintuitive and involve a lot of things we hated about our drafts here, but it would likely work.

You really have to just get lucky on the QB front so the chances of getting another elite QB falls to near zero, something like less than 20% even with the first pick.

But you could have a great team in 3-5 years if you follow the path Pete laid out. If John stays, I think he could reproduce it if he could manage to hold off the fans after several 'failed' drafts.

You then need a good coach though. And that is the wildcard, because those like the QB, are tremendously hard to find. You would not want Pete under any circumstance.

Why keeping John is important at least for a while, he has tagged the last few really decent QB's as his specific interest, that alone I think puts a hold notice on him, I also think he would be good in the Hire process of a New Coach knowing what it takes to be successful.

xray

Reaction score
Can we trade Wilson and Carroll for Mac Jones and Belichick ? Wish I wasn't kidding . :D

toffee

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":mdolh420 said:

One could argue that Pete failed to do what Pete preached.

1. The minute Pete started to cleanse the team of Wilson doubters, Pete basically turned his back on his own mantra of always compete. He had little credibility left with players.
2. compound that with failure in recent drafts,
3. Pete's failure to draft develop or sign FA RBs to run PeteBall.

I don't think PeteBall was the culprit of our current state, but the failure to sign develop personel to execute PeteBall probably responsible for our misery.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Moving Wilson this offseason will be a priority for the front office in terms of reaping a huge windfall in draft capital. . Pete will probably stay and Jody will do nothing about it is my guess. Wilson costs too much and produces very little in return. And we need to spend this offseason on free agency wisely. Listen to what I say and we will succeed. If a guy like Geno Smith can play 2 nail biters against 2 of the better defenses in the league I like our chances with a guy like Colt McCoy, Geno, Ryan Fitzpatrick if he doesn't retire or trade to Philly for Hurts and picks or.....trade Wilson to the Giants for Mike Glennon and 5 first rounders lol. Sound good?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Change for change's sake? just so we see something different? how about we wind up jumping from the frying pan, right into the fire.
I know that there's a hell of a lot of y'all that don't believe that things will get any better until we s#it-can everything, and start all over with someone/anyone other than Pete Carroll, and the FACT is, it's entirely possible that everything winds up in said --S#it-Can. :17:

Jville

Reaction score
Landing in the right place, at the right time and most importantly in the right program ..........

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1465101624087564293[/tweet]

.................. we heard lots of noise among Patriot fans including those who wanted Bill's head just a few months ago.

Guess there is life after Brady after all ...... :229031_shrug: ...... the demise of the Patriots was highly exaggerated.