Any update on meeting?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":2is5y66g said:
Sgt. Largent":2is5y66g said:
OrangeGravy":2is5y66g said:
Sgt. Largent":2is5y66g said:
You can be honest and still have your player's back without sounding like an annoying out of touch homer.

"We traded for Jamal for the long term, and even though he's had some injury setbacks we still believe in him and I know he's doing everything he can to get right and back on the field."

Not hard.

Sure, but that hypothetical quot doesn't address admitting that the trade didnt work, nor would it satisfy any fan wanting him to admit that. Such as you stated above.

What I wrote would certainly satisfy me more then going on radio stations and calling it a "terrific trade" and "a fantastic get" after the dude's 2nd serious season ending injury.

Nothing I hate more than coaches, GM's and even players treating fans like we're idiots. Be honest.

What makes you think he is NOT being honest? You are making the assumption that JA is done. That he will not have an impact going forward. There are many things that affected his play this year that might have influenced how dominating he can be. When he comes back, and they get the corner situation worked out, it's going to open up the scheme so they can use him in different ways they were unable to do because of personnel issues.

I just think you guys need to be a little more patient, there is still upside.

was it a great trade? at this point it's really to early to tell...maybe it will flop I don't know but just like Penny we just got to be patient and see what happens.

LTH

Because there's no rational NFL person that thinks the Adams trade was good for Seattle at this time. No one.

So how bout a little honesty.

You know why? This is a microcosm of why most media members and fans think Pete's lost it, and heap criticism on him after bad games and now a bad season.

His inability to be real about the team's mistakes and deficiencies.

So if Pete is being honest? Then that's an even bigger red flag than blowing smoke up our asses acting like the trade was amazing.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hu2i4k1 said:
LTH":3hu2i4k1 said:
Sgt. Largent":3hu2i4k1 said:
OrangeGravy":3hu2i4k1 said:
Sure, but that hypothetical quot doesn't address admitting that the trade didnt work, nor would it satisfy any fan wanting him to admit that. Such as you stated above.

What I wrote would certainly satisfy me more then going on radio stations and calling it a "terrific trade" and "a fantastic get" after the dude's 2nd serious season ending injury.

Nothing I hate more than coaches, GM's and even players treating fans like we're idiots. Be honest.

What makes you think he is NOT being honest? You are making the assumption that JA is done. That he will not have an impact going forward. There are many things that affected his play this year that might have influenced how dominating he can be. When he comes back, and they get the corner situation worked out, it's going to open up the scheme so they can use him in different ways they were unable to do because of personnel issues.

I just think you guys need to be a little more patient, there is still upside.

was it a great trade? at this point it's really to early to tell...maybe it will flop I don't know but just like Penny we just got to be patient and see what happens.

LTH

Because there's no rational NFL person that thinks the Adams trade was good for Seattle at this time. No one.

So how bout a little honesty.

You know why? This is a microcosm of why most media members and fans think Pete's lost it, and heap criticism on him after bad games and now a bad season.

His inability to be real about the team's mistakes and deficiencies.

So if Pete is being honest? Then that's an even bigger red flag than blowing smoke up our asses acting like the trade was amazing.

You're assuming that your right...Look at what happen with Penny most thought he was done and would have traded him for a 7th round pick... and yeah Pete does a lot of things that a rational NFL person might think wasn't good because he thinks way out of the box. Look at the media reaction to drafting Wilson in the third round everybody thought that was a total reach and a waisted draft pick... What the media thinks is usually wrong they are reactionary to the moment they rarely see the big picture in ANY situation.

I'm not trying to change your mind, I just think that if you reserve judgement and let it play out that it will be different than what you believe now....

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
One day after the annual meeting with ownership, all has been quiet and no news at all. For the Fire-Pete-Brigade, this could be good news, something could be going on behind the scene and not settled yet?

sutz

Reaction score
Like I said in a couple of places, including in my "Y'all Crazy" thread, nobody is getting fired other than maybe a couple of position coaches and maybe Ken Norton, though I doubt that, too.

I also think that many of the younger players that get hate around here are actually improving faster than they're getting credit for, and there won't be as much "cleaning house" as folks seem to want.

We're not going to see the transcripts of the meeting. Maybe Pete will mention it in the next few days and say something like, "Oh, that. Yeah. Good meeting. Jody and I are in sync. No prob."

:twisted:

toffee

Reaction score
sutz":1xm9dulq said:
Like I said in a couple of places, including in my "Y'all Crazy" thread, nobody is getting fired other than maybe a couple of position coaches and maybe Ken Norton, though I doubt that, too.

I also think that many of the younger players that get hate around here are actually improving faster than they're getting credit for, and there won't be as much "cleaning house" as folks seem to want.

We're not going to see the transcripts of the meeting. Maybe Pete will mention it in the next few days and say something like, "Oh, that. Yeah. Good meeting. Jody and I are in sync. No prob."

:twisted:

Pete wasn't outright fired, but something still going on with Jody, therefore all quiet on the western front. If things eventually settled in Pete's favor, then yes, we will have that "Oh, that. Yeah. Good meeting. Jody and I are in sync. No prob.". Anything else, like John taking over, it will require a full presser for the announcement.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1482211676686471169[/tweet]

There will always be those among us who don't get what a process is and consists of.

Seattle's off season is just beginning. Fictional stories and parroted posts thieve in the void of ignorance. More fiction and nonsense is headed dot nets way just like last year ...... and soon.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":1jnyq4sp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1482211676686471169[/tweet]

There will always be those among us who don't get what a process is and consists of.

Seattle's off season is just beginning. Fictional stories and parroted posts thieve in the void of ignorance. More fiction and nonsense is headed dot nets way just like last year ...... and soon.

This is the Seahawks, off season is like being on hold and listening to some bad music tapes that crackle and makes you want to throw your phone through the wall. They will not undermine, criticize Pete especially if they keep him.

If there is an internal responsibility shift we will not hear it. The Allen's have never aired dirty laundry in the media, Pete and John is about protecting the team.

May as well take time off till a week before the draft when we start getting the misinformation campaigns about players.