anybody else collect sports cards anymore? seahawks pc!

redhawk253

Reaction score
first off i know im a big kid...

so earlier this year i got laid off and took up watching the kid during the day to save on daycare expenses while doing some onsites n such on the side. was very bored during the day and after my old Nintendo 64 games got bored really quick i happened to grab a few packs of cards while at target with the kid one day while grabbing her a few packs of my little pony. well i hit a Russell Wilson base rookie card that was pretty cool looking and went online to see what was up with sports cards now days. found out there was a lot more autographs and even jersey cards n such.. I've always wanted to start picking up some seahawks autograph memorabilia and such and have been hooked since then like i was a kid in the 90s again.. I've put together a pretty nice little seahawks collection. my favorite cards being my Russell Wilson auto's and my Richard Sherman rookies. the Richard Sherman rookies are really unique because he didn't have a card released his rookie year.. then out of the 45 or so releases by the major brands this year only one product had his cards (his rookie by default) of which there is a base, a parallel of 99 made, and another of 20 made.. i have 3 of the /99 and 3 of /20 and the way he's playing they should be nice investments for the future.

here's my photobucket if anyone wants to take a look all my seahawks stuff is under the folder PC cards and there are about 10 folders in there with different seahawks stuff.

http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/chris ... t=6&page=1

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bought the Topps collection for all Seahawks last year, will do the same this year.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Thats a nice collection Red. Did you just do this through packs or have to bye them individually? And if you did do it individually, where did you go? I thought about starting a collection but idk if I trust going through a site like Ebay to get them individually and when I tried to buy packs at a store I hardly ever get Seahawks cards let alone any good Seahawks cards.

PrepntheSep

Reaction score
This is funny because I just started purchasing Seahawk cards in the last year. I have almost every good player's rookie card that is a current or former Hawk. I love my Largent, Zorn, Easley RC's, but I'm hoarding as many russell rooks as I can afford. It brings me back to my childhood when collecting cards was at its height.

Red Beard

Reaction score
I have approximately 200,000 Football, Baseball & Basketball cards in my closet. The years range from the late 1940's up to 2000. From there, I have a few thousand in between years 2003-2006. Having OCD with certain things, every single one of my vintage cards, auto's, jersey/bat/patch, rare #'d & significant rookies are in set screw cases. Any stars are in soft sleeves and plastic top load cases and most normal cards that are in good shape are just in soft sleeves.

I have a ton of money invested in it and I'm sure I won't be able to get back what was spent, but the fun when I was younger made up for it. The market has slowed a TON in recent years in regard to sports cards, so obviously value seems to be going down with demand. I will save these cards for another 10 years or so before selling to help fund my son going to college.

509hawk

Reaction score
I collect football cards starting just a few years ago. I got a /25 autographed joe montana superbowl legends in a box last year. havent spent that much on them lately though.

No cool seahawks auto cards looking for a RW auto rookie though at a good price.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I'm working on covering an entire wall with cards. I still have all of mine from when I was a young lad, and I've been buying cards at random whenever I see them in the checkout lane. Hawks wallpaper will happen!

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
I was at the kingdome for a comic book convention (yeah, I was a nerd in the most glorious sense of the word) when I was like 10 years old and Jim Zorn was there handing out cards and signing autographs.. That card and my Ken Griffey Jr. upper deck rookie card comprise my entire collection, lol..

kearly

Reaction score
This thread got me thinking: I wonder how much a RW rookie card might go for 50 years from now?

Erebus

Reaction score
I used to collect cards as a kid, and stopped when I was about 13 (that was 1994, to give you an idea of how old I am). I went to my parents house a couple years ago and found my collection in their attic and took it home with me, and that somehow got me back into collecting again. I've been mostly collecting Griffey cards, with a secondary emphasis on Russell Wilson and Felix Hernandez. I have 527 Griffeys (including all of his rookie cards), 62 Felixes, and 15 RWs (there are so few available so far). Someday I'll get around to using photobucket to post my collection.

My collection is predominantly baseball, but I also have quite a few Seahawks, including Walter Jones and Cortez Kennedy rookie cards.

671hawk

Reaction score
Nice thread. I too am a card collector. Its not really a kid thing anymore, there are so many kinds of cards and can get really high end. Just started up again this year. Im on a quest to collect all of RW's true rookie cards (not parallels or inserts) although itll be hard to get a hold of the Panini National Treasures rookie card which goes for about 800-1000 on ebay. Gunna have to save up for that one.

As a set, I collect every Hawks' rookie from the topps triple threads set, including Rice, Lynch and MRob. Trying to get ahold of Percy Harvin's rookie now.

My collection highlights (not the most valuable but fun to hunt for on ebay):
-the only two cards with authenticated Walter Jones autos (Topps Superbowl ticket and Topps dual auto with Hutch).
-W. Jones rookie cards, with protective plastic still on
-RW Topps Strata auto rivet card (flips open so you can touch the jersey swatch integrated into the card)

Congrats on that Luck Contenders playoff ticket! How much did you sell it for? Also, thanks for the photobucket idea. Better than opening up my boxes and culling out my cases to remember what my cards look like.

Stacks

Reaction score
Coolest card i got last yr was a "Quad Combo" Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, RG3, Justin Blackmon jesey card

similar to this:
KGrHqNrUFDfWli9PnBQ8Mg9s9y60 1

heres a few of my other autos

T2eC16NsE9swmYktfBRbbjSgPw60 1

KGrHqIOKosFFz43uMFiBRh8R3BCB60 1

F1fa7671 d622 43d7 88d8 9b4373332112

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":34kambxt said:
I'm working on covering an entire wall with cards. I still have all of mine from when I was a young lad, and I've been buying cards at random whenever I see them in the checkout lane. Hawks wallpaper will happen!

just make sure they're not autographed.. if your autographed cards are exposed to light over a long duration of time the autograph can change colors and fade as well.

to everyone else sorry i forgot i posted this and didn't check back til just now.. i buy a lot of my cards on ebay.. I've hit some of them in packs.. but i also do a fair amount of trading on blowout cards forum. ebay is pretty safe for buyers with all the protection they offer buyers.. they pretty much side with anything a buyer has to say.

to others who said you buy stuff at the store and never get anything good.. you never will unless you buy blasters or you see a store employee open a fresh box.. old fat men and even 10 year old kids weigh and finger bang all the retail packs searching for the hits. if you want to get a good card you have to go to a hobby shop and buy hobby packs.. hobby and retail odds on hits are completely different.

i updated my bucket recently with pretty much my favorite card.. its a Russell Wilson topps chrome camo refractor rookie auto.. chrome is a highly collectible product and its numbered /105 made so its pretty sweet. my other favorites are my Richard Sherman cracked ice's they are his only rookie card out of like 45 products released and numbered /20.. should be worth big bucks some day if he keeps up his play and his entertainment factor. he's on the path to be the next deion sanders lol

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
Stacks":hoqto6p9 said:
Coolest card i got last yr was a "Quad Combo" Andrew Luck, Trent Richardson, RG3, Justin Blackmon jesey card

similar to this:
KGrHqNrUFDfWli9PnBQ8Mg9s9y60 1

heres a few of my other autos

T2eC16NsE9swmYktfBRbbjSgPw60 1

KGrHqIOKosFFz43uMFiBRh8R3BCB60 1

F1fa7671 d622 43d7 88d8 9b4373332112

i love the walter jones.. i just missed out on an auction for jones and a hass both ticket autos when i first started collecting.. wish i woulda bid higher.. i do have boulware from that set though which is double cool for me because he's a former Seminole and was on the seahawks :)

OP
OP
R

redhawk253

Reaction score
671hawk":ifqj42t9 said:
Nice thread. I too am a card collector. Its not really a kid thing anymore, there are so many kinds of cards and can get really high end. Just started up again this year. Im on a quest to collect all of RW's true rookie cards (not parallels or inserts) although itll be hard to get a hold of the Panini National Treasures rookie card which goes for about 800-1000 on ebay. Gunna have to save up for that one.

As a set, I collect every Hawks' rookie from the topps triple threads set, including Rice, Lynch and MRob. Trying to get ahold of Percy Harvin's rookie now.

My collection highlights (not the most valuable but fun to hunt for on ebay):
-the only two cards with authenticated Walter Jones autos (Topps Superbowl ticket and Topps dual auto with Hutch).
-W. Jones rookie cards, with protective plastic still on
-RW Topps Strata auto rivet card (flips open so you can touch the jersey swatch integrated into the card)

Congrats on that Luck Contenders playoff ticket! How much did you sell it for? Also, thanks for the photobucket idea. Better than opening up my boxes and culling out my cases to remember what my cards look like.

oh yeah i know the rivet cards.. those are awesome.. i was trying to find a turbin as you can see i have a ton of his stuff. i have some more updates to make

sadly the other day i just missed out on a Russell Wilson cracked ice.. some guy bought the seahawks in a break 5 min before me and it came out of the box.. i was sadddd to say the least.. 2500 dollar card which i'll never be able to afford unless i hit one in a box but they're pretty much dried up.