Anyone see this about Browner?

hoxrox

Reaction score
Sucks but Wt3 should fill in fine. More worried about Mebane and McDaniel

OLYhawks

Reaction score
He'll play Sunday. That he will, and he'll toss Boldin around much like he did to Jennings last season. That's what BB is on the field for, to set that tone for the secondary. No way he doesn't play.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think he plays too. I have been waiting for this specific matchup since the digits traded for Boldin. If Browner is in good health, CK will have a hard time with timing. He will still try to smoke it in there, because that is his guy and that is how he rolls.

Once Kaeperstank gets a load of Browner causing trouble, he will will have to look for Davis who is bound to have ET and the 5:30 Kamtrack waiting to give passengers a ride.

If BB is sidelined, WT3 will create another kind of problem. Sherm is going to want some of that too. I am just really hoping to see the battle at the LOS and Browner's trademark disruption. Kaeperstank has yet to experience the Browner affect.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I'm pretty much keeping track of all the latest Injury (and other news) on a daily basis ...

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72632&start=20

I dunno what to make about Browner's situation per se, other than to say that Carroll in his weekly press conference on Wednesday said that Browner was scheduled to run on Wednesday (he didn't) and to practice on Thursday (again he didn't.) We'll see on that one.

Speaking of injuries, not to completely sidetrack this thread, but did you guys happen to catch THIS possible ray of hope (from Bob Condotta's blog) ...

Listed as having full participation in practice today were DEs Cliff Avril (hamstring) and Chris Clemons (knee) as well as OL Michael Bowie (shoulder), WR Sidney Rice (knee) and TE Luke Willson (oblique).

That Clemons was able to participate is obviously another positive sign in his rehab from a knee injury and another sign that he may be able to play Sunday against the 49ers.
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seaha...jury-report-browner-mcdaniel-among-those-out/

OP
OP
Wartooth

Wartooth

Reaction score
I don't have much faith in Avril, mostly because he hasn't played yet.
If Clem could at least go in on obvious passing downs, it would be huge!
They are going to need some pressure, I hope they can find some.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Just remember that Browner didn't play last year. I know it would be nice to have him, but we won the game last year with Lane as our #2 CB.

IHateSleeves

Reaction score
I think it's a lil gamesmanship from our boy Petey to Jim, let them practice like it will be WTIII and let Boldin think he's not going to get assaulted on Sunday. Then BAM!!! Browner stalks Boldin all day Sunday. Pretty sure I still have a thing of that spice rub too, whatever happened to Emeril Legasse??

hawk45

Reaction score
Wartooth":k4lfwrew said:

Even if they do see the field I don't see Clemens and Avril having much impact on the field for the first time after a long injury layoff unfortunately.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Wartooth":3o75uswo said:

Clem hasn't played either though :3-1:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hello! The reason we didn't miss Browner last year was because they DID NOT HAVE Boldin. We all know this dude is very physical and needs that kind of coverage. If we ever needed Browner we need him for this game against this receiver. Remember when Boldin was with the Tards and we didn't have a physical corner to cover him? Short, short memories here. Browner was the injury I wanted to watch more than any other. If he does not play, it could be a very long day.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I bet they're just trying to maximize BB's rehab time. I think it's a hammy that's been troubling him, and those can pop pretty easily if not healed enough and put you right back to square one if you rush it. BB's in shape and knows what he's doing so he doesn't really need to have a full week of practice to be ready for SF. As long as that hammy is healed, BB will do just fine.

And if he's not, well then T3 is a bad man in his own right...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1sz9hiwu said:
Hello! The reason we didn't miss Browner last year was because they DID NOT HAVE Boldin. We all know this dude is very physical and needs that kind of coverage. If we ever needed Browner we need him for this game against this receiver. Remember when Boldin was with the Tards and we didn't have a physical corner to cover him? Short, short memories here. Browner was the injury I wanted to watch more than any other. If he does not play, it could be a very long day.

Bingo! Exactly what I was thinking. I also see Browner playing Sunday. If he can make it through the game, and erase Boldin, it's worth it, even if he reinjurs that hammy. We have enough depth to take care of the rest of our schedule, but this matchup is what Browner was born for.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3vhea4it said:

They did have Crabtree, though.

I know Boldin is more physical, but losing Crabtree is a big blow. He was by far their best receiver last year. I would be more worried if they both were out there.

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ambmui2 said:
Just remember that Browner didn't play last year. I know it would be nice to have him, but we won the game last year with Lane as our #2 CB.

I think its so different this year, we don't have a passrush yet, I mean we have 4 starters from the D-Line out... They didn't have boldin last year, if there is a physical presence than we NEED to have Browner. Kam is Physical, but I think Browner set the tone sooner because he is in contact with someone as soon as the game starts.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Showmeyourtd's":18e0r3xd said:
HawkFan72":18e0r3xd said:

I think its so different this year, we don't have a passrush yet, I mean we have 4 starters from the D-Line out... They didn't have boldin last year, if there is a physical presence than we NEED to have Browner. Kam is Physical, but I think Browner set the tone sooner because he is in contact with someone as soon as the game starts.

We didn't have a pass rush last year.

Injuries happen, it's football. The the 2nd game of the season. How about we get excited for the first home game of the year?