Anyone Interested In Season Tickets This Year?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
(Update 2/17/23: These seats have been SOLD)

I have come to the decision that I won't be going to the home games that often anymore. I've seen some amazing games, and had some amazing moments and memories. All the NFC Championship games, playoffs, The Tip, Beastquake, on and on. But cost has become more and more difficult to justify, especially when I find myself wanting the best seat in the house (my couch with my big screen TV), private bathroom and free food and drink. I will also be moving out of state in the not too distant future.

Trouble is, I am tenured as a STH since 2002. I would hate to simply give up my seats altogether in case I want to still have them someday, or pass them to my kids, both diehard Seahawks fans.

So I thought I would bring the offer here in case anyone would be interested and willing to take on the fee for this year. Basically paying rent for a season. The seats are decent. Section 126, row FF, seats 5&6 (view below). Good crowd in general. A lot of Seahawks employees/significant others sit around this section so not too many knuckleheads.

Cost is $2,670 for the 2023 season. 8 regular season and 1 (or 2) preseason games.

Anyone interested feel free to respond in this thread or message me. Go Hawks!

IMG 0980

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
If this were a few years down the road, I'd definitely be interested, but I'm just not in the position for a few seasons.

Sure doesn't sound right thinking of home Seahawks games with you not there. Just doesn't seem right.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya brother. I had a good run. Some incredible memories from Temple Billiard .NET prefunks and bashes to the games themselves. I was also in my early 30's when all the fun began, lol. Spent a lot of money over the years in tickets, booze, food, parking...I don't regret a single cent but all good things come to an end.

I'll still go to some games here and there but these days it will be big time cherry picking games, weather-permitting.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, brother. You've had a lot of history there.

I will take them, but if there is someone that has a greater need, I'm happy to step back.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, brother. You've had a lot of history there.

I will take them, but if there is someone that has a greater need, I'm happy to step back.

Great! I sent you a PM. Go Hawks!

Aircrew

Reaction score
When I moved back to the PNW in 2012 after 16 years away, I went to every home game I could. But, after 3 years of dealing with the hassle of drunk fans, waiting in line(s), cost of a hotel, parking, food/drink, traffic and of course tickets, I realized, like you have, that watching the game at home is about as good as it gets. More power to everyone who goes and supports our Hawks loud and proud, but I'll never attend a game again.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it's not for everybody. I don't have to prove my allegiance and diehard status by attending the home games just like all displaced fans do not. I originally was a STH in 1997 and went to the home games in the Kingdome. Then I moved and moved back and had to start my status over in 2002 when the then new stadium was brand new.

I had my fun and will always have wonderful memories, meeting up with friends and .NET members, prefunking, celebrating...Wouldn't change it for the world. But yeah, now days I am more apt to want to enjoy the home games in a climate-controlled environment with no waiting in lines to go to the bathroom or to get food or drink, no parking fees...No long drive home after a loss, lol.

But NOTHING replaces the energy of being there. That's the one major difference and which is why I will still want to attend a home game here and there for the rest of my life if I am physically and financially able.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Aros, I will bet you are having a little anxiety about this decision. Don't. I had had tix since 1993, but at the end of last year, I decided to give them up. Then we got rid of Wilson and I changed my mind, and reconsidered. I think I was looking for an excuse not to give them up, but both my kids are in college now, and my wife and I have other hobbies. So in the the end, I contacted my rep and said I was done. They refunded my first payment.
-- I didn't miss a single minute of the season, and although it would have been fun opening night, I think... no I am sure, it was the right time to become a TV watcher instead.
-- I would tell you, if no one decides to take the entire season from you and you chop it up to games, post again, and I might take a game. I mean, I can't totally quit :)

Mase

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well thanks to @bigskydoc I don't have to completely give them up. For at least a year he has agreed to rent them from me which gives me another year to decide what I want to do with them. I do feel my time has come as far as attending most if not all home games. I'll miss the prefunking with friends, getting dressed up into my gameday attire and high fiving and sometimes even hugging strangers and the rush of the roaring cheers after a huge play, but yeah, I think I'm ready to let the couch be my favorite seat in the house.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
The deployment of HD in the early 2000's along with the soaring cost and worsening of seats (moving to Husky stadium and then the new stadium) were enough for me to make this exact same decision over 20 years ago.