Are the 49ers Better than the Seahawks?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1hquvcoa said:
Agreed it was fun.

In all honesty though, I think the rivalry creates the hatred much more than the people who end up getting hated do.

With the benefit of hindsight, the reasons for why 9ers fans and Hawks fans convinced themselves their rivals were also despicable people are insane.

9ers fans convinced themselves that Carroll was a despicable person because of the way he chewed gum and Wilson was despicable because he believed some crazy stuff. Hawks fans convinced themselves Kaepernick was despicable person because he had a shoe collection and Harbaugh was a despicable person because he flailed around like Wonder Woman on the sideline.

All to say that if we're fortunate enough to really get a true rivalry over a few years again, I have no doubt we'll all come up with wildly creative reasons to convince ourselves that we don't just hate our rival because their our rival, but also because of their "major character flaws" and "immorality." :lol: :2thumbs:

Fixed it Fer ya.

The rest I totally agree with. It is all about what the media can do to create a rivalry even if there is none. And EXPN will do so.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
We'll just have to see. Let's line up and get it done. Our D isn't as good overall as it was (few have been actually) but, Russ could be the difference. I'll be in Levi Stadium for the game screaming my ass off. That will take a lot of screaming incidentally...

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
We, as Hawk fans, need to understand. 9'ers are gonna be pigs runnin' for the trough around here for a bit.

156 -117. Two and a half years of 16-0 seasons in the win column since we overthrew their division in 2002.

There is one place where 9'er dominance reigns supreme, though, with a nearly insurmountable 8-2 lead. Any guesses? (Hint: 50% success rate!).

Most of the 9'er fans that remember what it's like to win have to be reminded 10 to 15 times a day by their resident hospice care worker.

Be patient while they acclimate, they may not be here long if history holds true.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":12y7ox5e said:
Popeyejones":12y7ox5e said:
SoulfishHawk":12y7ox5e said:
I see a split, home team winning both.

Yeah.

If there was even money on EITHER team going 2-0 or a 1-1 split, I'd still probably take the split at this point.

Lots of reasons for that, but probably the topic for another thread.
Let's be real. There's one primary reason you'd take the split, and his name is Russell Wilson. We're giving your defense the credit it deserves right now, so return the favor with some honesty. :)

In what world of made up resentments and imaginary slights have you convinced yourself that wouldn't obviously be the case?

blazen2392

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":t1bvx7uq said:
Well, that's your opinion. Their schedule would say differently. They certainly LOOK like a really good team. Top 3 in football? I doubt it. But we are 6 weeks in and they have beaten ONE team with a winning record, and the Rams are at .500. But they def. are a solid team overall.

Seriously don't know how you can't think a 7-0 football team is not a top 3 team in the NFL. Wins do not come by easy in the NFL and you are just downplaying their success.

blazen2392

Reaction score
John63":36l4cbbd said:
blazen2392":36l4cbbd said:
John63":36l4cbbd said:
blazen2392":36l4cbbd said:
why are we talking about offensive rankings? the question was which TEAM is better. I'm not talking about offense I'm talking about teams as a whole. I know our offense is better I never argued this at all. DVOA has SF ranked as the #2 team in efficiency right now. No one has us ranked higher than the 49ers. But then again this is why we are fans lol. We will just have to disagree to agree. They are playing defense and ball control. This is how you keep offenses like mahomes and Wilson off the field. You've seen this for years because we did this. Its a winning strategy.

They are going to be a tough opponent and I have a hunch our division is going to be decided on the very last game of the season. regardless this is one of the most exciting seasons we've had in a while.

Simple because SF has a better defense, we have a better offense, and ST is about the same. That help you. As to rankings great but once again, that only tells you part of the story. Those are based on whom they have played which means based on matchups. What if everyone SF played to date were great match ups for them, while everyone we played were bad for us? Then those DVOA would show them better when the reality is it was about match ups. not who is really better. Also, again, my issue is not about who is better or not, it is about the statement, and I am paraphrasing, "SF is better and its not close".

Also let me make another point clear, lets say we are ranked 2nd on offense and SF is 5th. But Sf is ranked 2nd on defense, and we are ranked say 6th. Well cumulative Sf would be ranked higher with a 7 compared to our 8th. However, the gap between their offense and ours may be wider than just 1 spot. There are reasons to believe they are better, there are reason to question that too. But we will soon see.

I was never arguing that its not even close. I agree the 49ers are better at damn near every other position besides QB and RB this season but things like coaching experience, QB play and them being a division rival are factors that can equalize it. I personally believe we split with the Niners 1-1.

But by your logic no one is better than us because "what if" every other team that has been ranked higher than us just played a team that was a better matchup for them. If this team was doing the exact same thing with the exact same stats and not named the 49ers you would probably change your tune lol. You're just not being objective. the 49ers are a legit team and probably top 3 in the NFL

This is were you should read the whole thread and look at what has been said so you understand, my comment. My comment was not made in isolation but with regards to things said on this thread.

I did read the entire thread. Still doesn't make sense why you have an argument with me responding to someone elses argument. :?:

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
After watching us play the Ravens and the niners game against Washington, YES the 49ers are clearly better than the Seahawks. Weather we get our act together and start to get to the level we need to be at remains to be seen.

6-2 at the halfway point wouldn't be bad, but our 2nd half of the season schedule sure seems a lot more difficult than the games we have under our belt. We shall see.

Latest posts