Are the Hawks what we thought they are and...

FLSeahawk

Reaction score
It was a great win week 1 but after week 2 I’m thinking that win wasn’t against a playoff team.

We’ll be able to tell a lot after this week when we play the Falcons and the Broncos play the niners.

I’m a little biased because I’d love to have a top 10 draft pick from the Broncos but after what I saw week 2, I’m thinking it’ll be in the 10-15 range at worst.

Last edited by a moderator:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
If you saw something from the Broncos that raised your opinion of them you saw something I didn't.
I agree that our performance vs Atlanta should give us a little bit clearer picture of where we're at now, but am torn between wanting to see us do well and wanting two top 10 draft picks and two high second rounders.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Winning on the road is hard. I think that's what we saw in all games.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Winning on the road is hard. I think that's what we saw in all games.
And on a short week against a divisional opponent. Having missed the game due to work, I really can't comment on how the team looked, but a loss here (especially after the emotionally charged victory against Denver) isn't exactly a shock.

I think seeing what we do next week will give us a better indication.

I do think, however, that Denver is still not a playoff team and didn't think so at the time of the trade. The national media types that follows the 'Hawks primarily through box scores and highlights were under the impression that Denver may have won that trade but the more discerning amongst us Seattle fans who actually watched the games knew the baggage they were taking on.

Will Denver be better at the halfway point of the year than they are now? Probably, but I don't know if they'll improve much on their record from last year.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I still contend that Denver won't make the playoffs this year, and, in fact, the Hawks will make the playoffs before the donks. I've seen nothing yet to change my pre-season opinion

OP
OP
F

FLSeahawk

Reaction score
If you saw something from the Broncos that raised your opinion of them you saw something I didn't.
I agree that our performance vs Atlanta should give us a little bit clearer picture of where we're at now, but am torn between wanting to see us do well and wanting two top 10 draft picks and two high second rounders.
Oh I still think it’ll be a top 10 pick. I was just saying even if they improve I think that pick will be in the 10-15 range in the worst case scenario. I see them having double digit loses when the season ends… And after last week probably us too

Hawknight

Reaction score
Were on to next week! We won the game that mattered most!
I'm actually quite pacified after that 1st win. Now I just want to sit back and enjoy and watch our teams go through it's ups and downs. That's what football is all about. It's the anticipation of becoming something great and watching it build and play out each week. It's not going to happen immediately, but eventually, perhaps not this season, this team will click and we'll be steam rolling right along.

m0ng0

Reaction score
They are exactly what i thought they would be going into week 3, up and down struggling offense, struggling defense but learning and growing hopefully.

Boycie

Reaction score
It was a great win week 1 but after week 2 I’m thinking that win wasn’t against a playoff team.

We’ll be able to tell a lot after this week when we play the Falcons and the Broncos play the niners.

I’m a little biased because I’d love to have a top 10 draft pick from the Broncos but after what I saw week 2, I’m thinking it’ll be in the 10-15 range at worst.

They play Mahomes, Herbert, and Carr 6 times this year, and I could see them easily going 1-5 in those games, not to mention the Rams, Niners, and Cards. I don't think a top 10 pick is out of the question at all. They could easily be 2-9 off of those match-ups.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
What I care more about is whether or not the players show improvement. If they don't, we've got coaching problems on our plate.

knownone

Reaction score
It's too early to say. The Niners media thinks this could be their best defense of the Shanahan era. So last week's performance may have been an aberration. And a lot of our issues are fixable and not directly talent related.

The Broncos are too talented to continue being this much of a dumpster fire. Who knows if they'll make the playoffs, but I have a hard time seeing them fall short of 8 wins.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I get nervous everytime the offence takes the field, I wasn't expecting that.

I used to want an accurate QB that can run...now I just want an accurate QB. Lol I am in abusive relationship with the Seahawks!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As yet it’s tad early to say what this team is or may become as the season plays out.

The team needed the W against Denver, they proved they were not going to start the season disrespected. Sadly though they were truly humiliated in Santa Clara. From the two performances it doesn’t appear they know who they are yet.

I think this will be a year of highs and lows and lows and lower, but throughout the team will retain the solid character of a team that plays every down.

For me the poor tackling, weak run D, consistent lack of edge pressure sure causes me concern. The play of the DBs is encouraging. The D needs to force the play more to get off the field. They are a unit without any identity. They have played strong inside their own red zone and that strength can be built upon. The poor tackling can be fixed and that one thing can give the D an identity quickly.

The O seems stilted, and predictable. There have been far too many drive killing dumb mistakes. Everything seems to be short and more designed to be directed at not making mistakes yet that is preventing success as the opponents are noticing and takiing away the predictable plays, defences are playing up against Geno to take away his strengths as he dinks and dunks away. There have been few explosive plays and nothing deep. There are only flashes of a running attack but no determined O in that direction as side runs are not working with any reliability.it seems schematic and six consecutive quarters of no scoring from the O seems to portend further ugliness. The trend at present is not their friend as they too have not established an identity.

On the other hand after years of seeing next nothing from the TEs they are finally being used but inconsistently.the two rookie OTs are playing acceptably and better than some have predicted. The the interior OLine needs to be better. The skill players on O need to get the ball more.

We don’t know who they are yet. I don’t see that so far. There is a good bit though that is encouraging but a trend that is not.

samwize77

Reaction score
My only hope for this year is that the younger players improve. And that the team doesn't have a meltdown. No drama, just a workman like attitude going forward.
I personally would like to see KW make strides, the 2 rooks on the o-line hold together, and of course our secondary improve.

Latest posts