Big brain move by Metcalf during Giants game!

GemCity

Reaction score
We already knew his physical skills dominate opponents but…woah…adding heads up play into the mix?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
That’s so much better than even a pancake block. That’s just utterly incredible.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The ultimate "influence" block. It's an obvious place for a fade route, that might be how Waldron drew up the play. ;)

After watching (real-time, in-game) Geno get round the left side of the line and provide a stationary block before Walker even cut back to the left, I wondered if the play was drawn up that way. This provides evidence in it's favor.

acer1240

Reaction score
Rumour is the DB still doesnt know where the ball is.
I just watched this again. Wow! Usually wide receivers take the play off when not required to block. This is next level dedication. My God, we are blessed with good receivers here.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I was worried that he was going to turn into the diva wr. I should not have been. The scary part is that he is only going to get better from here on out.
He definitely has some of that in him. It looks like he has been smart enough to surround himself with the right people to stay grounded though.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
How crazy is this?!? I don't think I've ever seen something like this before but wow what a veteran move!!!

Nice. Nice to see him almost grown up ;)

I also loved the block Geno threw on the busted running play that had to reverse.

QB's blockin for ya, behind the line, or upfield - that's team for ya too.

Somos doces

Reaction score
The ultimate "influence" block. It's an obvious place for a fade route, that might be how Waldron drew up the play. ;)
I feel like they've pulled off a nice handful of successful misdirection-type plays in recent games — Smith pretending the snap was going over his head, Smith going down the line with a fake audible, the shovel to Uncle Will near the goal line... Never the same thing twice, but stuff future D-coordinators will nonetheless have to at least be wary of. Great to see a creative coach and unit this much in sync.

Spohawks

Reaction score
This is my veteran move on the basketball court. I go to the corner and wait for the defender to look at me.

I extend my hands to the left like the ball is being passed to me and look intense. He jerks to that side to steal the ball and I run free to the hoop, hoping for a pass.

Follow me for more moves that never work out like I planned.