Big test next week.

Cartire

Reaction score
I was at the hell game. I was sitting in the club row (if it could be called that), which was really an open and direct line to the sun. It was 114 where I was sitting. Probably a good 300 feet higher and more open then on the field. Which thermometers down there were peaking above 120.

I came home crisp, red, and exhausted. It was so bad that Qualcomm did the very humanitarian gesture and provided free water after half time. The loss of $40,000 probably saved some bad PR. Our guys were so gassed and I understood 100%. They were playing a sport thats all about quick, fast exertion, and they were playing it in a sauna.

It was hot for SD, no doubt. That heat effected everyone. But SD was far more acclimatized, and tactically, chose to wear their away, white jerseys, which forced Seattle to wear their dark, homes. A smart move that helped add to the inches. I saw multiple Seahawks retreat to the locker rooms for an IV. I was melting up above, I empathized completely with them.

We still had a chance the whole game. We were never were out of it. This game is going to be a slaughter. Old man Rivers is going to feel a storm coming in his knees.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Cartire":2xrrbbgo said:
I was at the hell game. I was sitting in the club row (if it could be called that), which was really an open and direct line to the sun. It was 114 where I was sitting. Probably a good 300 feet higher and more open then on the field. Which thermometers down there were peaking above 120.

I came home crisp, red, and exhausted. It was so bad that Qualcomm did the very humanitarian gesture and provided free water after half time. The loss of $40,000 probably saved some bad PR. Our guys were so gassed and I understood 100%. They were playing a sport thats all about quick, fast exertion, and they were playing it in a sauna.

It was hot for SD, no doubt. That heat effected everyone. But SD was far more acclimatized, and tactically, chose to wear their away, white jerseys, which forced Seattle to wear their dark, homes. A smart move that helped add to the inches. I saw multiple Seahawks retreat to the locker rooms for an IV. I was melting up above, I empathized completely with them.

We still had a chance the whole game. We were never were out of it. This game is going to be a slaughter. Old man Rivers is going to feel a storm coming in his knees.

Too bad we don't have sprinklers to magically turn on during the game...that would be apropos.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The teams are pretty evenly matched in terms of talent, maybe even SD has a bit more right now.

It’s going to be the greatest test for the secondary and entire back seven. Philip Rivers is playing at an MVP level. He previously shredded a very good L.O.B. defense in 2014 that was in the midst of leading the NFL in scoring defense for four-straight years. Rivers also snapped our NFL record of consecutive games without losing by more than seven points. He now sees the Gus Bradley version of this defensive scheme every day in practice and is probably as well versed in how to exploit its weaknesses as any QB in NFL.

His offensive line is similar to the Seahawks’. I’m not sure I would rate one above the other. Rivers just does an amazing job getting the ball off quickly, so the pass rush has no time to develop. His passer rating of 117.8 is tops in the NFL.

Their offensive line is really good at run blocking. And their two RBs are ranked #1 and #3 at their position by PFF. #3 is Melvin Gordon. The #1 rated RB in the NFL is Austin Ekeler, who poses all kinds of problems. He’s a very slippery and a big play threat. He’s also an elite receiver, who exploits mismatches against linebackers in coverage.

Their defense is very athletic. They have three rookies who are all playing at a high level defensively. Also, Melvin Ingram is an accomplished speed rusher who had his way against us in the preseason. Corey Liuget missed the first four games due to a suspension for steroids.

But they have had their share of struggles at stopping the run. Their replacement for Joey Bosa isn’t a great athlete and hasn’t played very well. They have a SLB who has been somewhat of a liability against the run. PFF ranks them 26th as a team against the run. I think Chris Carson could give them problems. The play action game should cause them problems. This may also be a good opportunity to mix in Rashaad Penny with some screens and outside runs because they have been prone to giving up big running plays to fast backs like Penny.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
The only teams that they played that were any good were the rams and chiefs and both were losses and they beat the titans by a point
The bills , raiders , browns , niners and titans
They only beat the ninnies by 2pts so we have a lot better chance at smokin these guys from start to finish than I thought

We'd look like world beaters with their schedule up to now too

I'm feeling like we get the Rivers monster off our back more and more with every article and stat I read

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

toffee

Reaction score
Defense:
Run D
#15 Seattle 4.5 average 108.3 yards/game
#14 LA Chargers 4.3 average 106.4 yards/game

Pass D
#5 Seattle 7.0 average 219 yards/game
#18 LA Chargers 7.8 average 256 yards/game

Offense:
Rushing
#5 Seattle 4.2 average 134.7 yards/game
#10 LA Chargers 4.9 average 124.4 yards/game
Passing
#5 Seattle 112.8 rated 203 yards/game
#2 LA Chargers 117.8 rated 278 yards/game

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team ... rder/false

Pretty evenly matched stat wise, but we have the 12s, and some momentum.

Go Hawks.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The starkest difference between the two teams is DVOA.

Chargers are 3rd in DVOA, behind only the Chiefs and Rams.

Seahawks were as high as 8th in DVOA. Then they dropped to 10th last week. And we’ll find out tomorrow how far they climbed after the win.

One important factor favoring the Seahawks is special teams. Chargers are last in special teams DVOA. They have shuffled between two different kickers (Sturgis is hurt and missed four extra points before being replaced, while the new kicker doesn’t have a big leg) and they have a new punter, who is older and doesn’t have have a good hang time. There should be some good opportunities for returns in this game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I still catch myself saying San Diego. It's gonna' take a minute to get used to that LA thing for sure.
Hawks need to win this game, one of my guitar players is a Chargers fan, I don't want to hear him after this week :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
LOL wait till the Raiders are in Vegas, it will take years to get used to saying LV or Vegas or Los Vegas Raiders.

I could never get used to saying the St Louis Rams either.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
joeseahawks":ewgo0u91 said:
If it wasn't for the late Paul (R.I.P), we could be what the Chargers are: The L.A. Seahawks !!!
NC State (Rivers) vs NC State (Wilson) .
Our NC State QB is better ...
You're absolutely right. Thank you Paul! For everything else in Seattle you did, too.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!