Black Uni's with green trim?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Aros":2m7hwbcx said:
Maelstrom787":2m7hwbcx said:
Sure, it could be aesthetically pleasing from a point of view in which context isn't applied, but for the Seahawks? It'd be even lamer than the 49ers black alternates.

So in other words you are saying your opinion is wrong. Got it.

:p ;)

Eh, I get where you're coming from. I'm a bit of a uniform snob.

For what its worth, if the design energizes the team, I'm all for it. Rather we do that with the throwbacks than a blackout, though.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1u474yyq said:
ZagHawk":1u474yyq said:
Seanhawk":1u474yyq said:
Maelstrom787":1u474yyq said:
Gotta disagree. For me, uniforms should represent the teams colors, logos, and history/vision. Black strips all of that away.

Sure, it could be aesthetically pleasing from a point of view in which context isn't applied, but for the Seahawks? It'd be even lamer than the 49ers black alternates.

Yes, the 49ers' black uniforms are awful, but at least they have black trim in their logo. The Seahawks have none and black uniforms would make zero sense. Please no.

Really...the black/red Niner uniform is lame? as much as I dislike the Niners (as any Seahawk fan would), black and red has always been a very "cool" popular color combo and thus not..."lame". Jordans are probably the best selling shoe in history and of them the "bred" is one of the most popular ever...which stands for black and red. Alternate jerseys are not designed for history...they are designed to be "cool". Sometimes history/throw backs are that, but just fun color combos suit just well and for sure will sell well...which honestly it's about jersey sales more than history. Is something cool looking going to sell more jerseys? or a throwback? Depends on your team.

Yes, it is super SUPER lame. The Niners cosplaying as the Falcons wasn't cool.

Black and red is an aesthetically pleasing color combination. Sure. It's also completely unoriginal and is actually an established part of the identity of other teams. It's unimaginative tryhardism to just make the uniform black, despite it not being a part of the identity of the team at all - which is exactly why the Niners ditched it real quick, for a good throwback that actually doesn't fly in the face of everything they've ever done.

If black and red is so cool, I mean, why doesn't Seattle do it? How about Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago? Because it doesn't make sense.

The uniform is there to signify a players identity as belonging to a certain club. The goal, therefore, should be for the uniform to be emblematic of the history, vision, and identity of the team.

For what it's worth, I fully believe a well-executed blackout uniform for Seattle would be aesthetically pleasant... for the uniform top only. Monochrome black'd be silly, and with a navy blue helmet? Pure disaster.

Also, fun fact Whiners fans HATE the black unis. You really think it will be any different for us?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maulbert":1dh3x508 said:
Maelstrom787":1dh3x508 said:
ZagHawk":1dh3x508 said:
Seanhawk":1dh3x508 said:
Yes, the 49ers' black uniforms are awful, but at least they have black trim in their logo. The Seahawks have none and black uniforms would make zero sense. Please no.

Really...the black/red Niner uniform is lame? as much as I dislike the Niners (as any Seahawk fan would), black and red has always been a very "cool" popular color combo and thus not..."lame". Jordans are probably the best selling shoe in history and of them the "bred" is one of the most popular ever...which stands for black and red. Alternate jerseys are not designed for history...they are designed to be "cool". Sometimes history/throw backs are that, but just fun color combos suit just well and for sure will sell well...which honestly it's about jersey sales more than history. Is something cool looking going to sell more jerseys? or a throwback? Depends on your team.

Yes, it is super SUPER lame. The Niners cosplaying as the Falcons wasn't cool.

Black and red is an aesthetically pleasing color combination. Sure. It's also completely unoriginal and is actually an established part of the identity of other teams. It's unimaginative tryhardism to just make the uniform black, despite it not being a part of the identity of the team at all - which is exactly why the Niners ditched it real quick, for a good throwback that actually doesn't fly in the face of everything they've ever done.

If black and red is so cool, I mean, why doesn't Seattle do it? How about Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago? Because it doesn't make sense.

The uniform is there to signify a players identity as belonging to a certain club. The goal, therefore, should be for the uniform to be emblematic of the history, vision, and identity of the team.

For what it's worth, I fully believe a well-executed blackout uniform for Seattle would be aesthetically pleasant... for the uniform top only. Monochrome black'd be silly, and with a navy blue helmet? Pure disaster.

Also, fun fact Whiners fans HATE the black unis. You really think it will be any different for us?

I think it'd be better received by the Seattle fanbase, simply because the team has a non-traditional uniform history. From sleevehawk, to monochrome steel blue, to the current uniform which has grown on people but initially blew minds, this team has much less of a traditionalist uniform history than the Niners.

Not to say it wouldn't be super lame. I still think it would be. I just think Seattle fans would (generally) be more open to accepting the transgression. For us, it's lame. For the Niners, it was blasphemous.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
For those who think hideous..how many of you actually go buy alternate jerseys? Than the alternate jersey isn’t for you to begin with. It’s like the half time show at the super bowl it’s for the younger casual football fan who loves what’s trendy...not the diehards obsessed with tradition or 80s rock and roll. Your money is already covered in the NFL they want the other market.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
YES!

I would buy those jerseys in a heartbeat over the current glow stick alts.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ZagHawk":e38fs7at said:
For those who think hideous..how many of you actually go buy alternate jerseys? Than the alternate jersey isn’t for you to begin with. It’s like the half time show at the super bowl it’s for the younger casual football fan who loves what’s trendy...not the diehards obsessed with tradition or 80s rock and roll. Your money is already covered in the NFL they want the other market.

Seems sort of irrelevant regarding the actual validity of the uniform design and its on field appearance. That's the main factor for me - does it look good on the field, and does it adequately represent the colors, history, and vision of the team. Both should be a yes.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2re65naz said:
ZagHawk":2re65naz said:

Seems sort of irrelevant regarding the actual validity of the uniform design and its on field appearance. That's the main factor for me - does it look good on the field, and does it adequately represent the colors, history, and vision of the team. Both should be a yes.
That's untrue, we no longer see the Silver Helmets, the Seahawk decal is NOT the "Actual" design they started with, the colors aren't even the same as the originals.
Do I like every change?, no, but I was really never a fan of the pencil thin mustache, nor the pin stripe suits with the wide lapels either.
I don't think there is one teams uni's in the NFL that hasn't gone through some major changes over the last 45 years....NOW, the Steelers Bumble Bee uniforms? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":25z10a4o said:
ZagHawk":25z10a4o said:

1) the idea of a black/green jersey would only be an alternate (like color rush).

2) Relevance...the only reason for an alternate jersey's entire excistence in the NFL is to sell jerseys. You may wish otherwise, but c'mon this is a multi billion dollar business.

So all that matters is, would this jersey sell? maybe not to you, but to many others probably. I'd say for every 1 fan who needs an alternate jersey to pay all this homage to history and vision for an alternate jersey, you have about 10 other casual fans happy to buy a new jersey that looks "cool/lit/fire/whatever the hell people say these days". That second part you mentioned "Does it adequately represent the colors, history, and vision of the team" would only apply to if they make a change to the official main jersey (which is why there was focus on the feathers, and 12, the blue and green, etc. yada yada when Nike took the license) that's irrelevant for an alternate jersey.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":1gcjgb7s said:
No, no, no, and no. Every team that wears black which doesn't have black as a primary color are trying too hard.

Trying too hard to be what? young/hip/cool/lit/drip/drizzzip? Yeah tell that to the 20 something year olds playing on the field they need to stick to only wanting to wear jerseys that their grandparents wore.

Maulbert

Reaction score
ZagHawk":368vx0en said:
Maulbert":368vx0en said:
No, no, no, and no. Every team that wears black which doesn't have black as a primary color are trying too hard.

Trying too hard to be what? young/hip/cool/lit/drip/drizzzip? Yeah tell that to the 20 something year olds playing on the field they need to stick to only wanting to wear jerseys that their grandparents wore.

:sarcasm_on: Gee, I didn't know their grandparents were playing in 2012 when the current design was created. :sarcasm_off:

Maulbert

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3ufigt82 said:
Maulbert":3ufigt82 said:

Also, I have no issue with changing up the uniform design. However, the Hawks have never used black. We use blue, green, silver and/or grey. The Raiders, Saints, and Panthers use black, and honestly, I think they all look worse for it.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":1llwzhij said:
ZagHawk":1llwzhij said:
Maulbert":1llwzhij said:

Also, I have no issue with changing up the uniform design. However, the Hawks have never used black. We use blue, green, silver and/or grey. The Raiders, Saints, and Panthers use black, and honestly, I think they all look worse for it.

Yeah...Not so fast, as has already been mentioned ( & ignored) The younger crowd might not (and apparently not Bobby Wagner) thinks that maybe having the Black trimmed with the Electric Green is very appealing, and I (an old fart of 73) happens to agree, and YES, I would undoubtedly buy one to wear on game day.
True story; Roughly 67 years ago, (when I was but a wee lad) we lived in South Seattle, actually, not all that far from the C-LINK, I remember riding the city bus with my mom to town, looking out the windows, the Seattle Taxi cabs were pretty close to electric green, with a black & white checkerboard stripe, it was an unusual enough a color, and immediately became one of my favorite colors back then. :irishdrinkers:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ZagHawk":26sasvi4 said:
Maelstrom787":26sasvi4 said:
ZagHawk":26sasvi4 said:

1) the idea of a black/green jersey would only be an alternate (like color rush).

2) Relevance...the only reason for an alternate jersey's entire existence in the NFL is to sell jerseys. You may wish otherwise, but c'mon this is a multi billion dollar business.

So all that matters is, would this jersey sell? maybe not to you, but to many others probably. I'd say for every 1 fan who needs an alternate jersey to pay all this homage to history and vision for an alternate jersey, you have about 10 other casual fans happy to buy a new jersey that looks "cool/lit/fire/whatever the hell people say these days". That second part you mentioned "Does it adequately represent the colors, history, and vision of the team" would only apply to if they make a change to the official main jersey (which is why there was focus on the feathers, and 12, the blue and green, etc. yada yada when Nike took the license) that's irrelevant for an alternate jersey.

It is absolutely not irrelevant for an alternate jersey. It'd be irrelevant if we were talking about a special line of fashion uniforms like Reebok did with their "Storm" uniforms back around 2005, where they released a dark grey variant of every teams uniform.

Most actual alternate jerseys are generally a cash grab, ALL uniforms are. Doesn't mean they have to be irrelevant, unoriginal, or ugly. The first two of those would describe a blackout jersey. Also, many alternate jerseys are actually good, coherent parts of a teams uniform roster.

Alternates are cooler when they actually add a coherent element to the set. The Chargers powder blues, the Titans old set that switched between navy and light blue, the 49ers wonderful white throwback, the Atlanta throwbacks... all great uniforms that don't incorporate random colors that aren't part of the team palette.

Sleevehawk would sell just as well, looks 1000% better on field, and actually represents the team. Once the uniform helmet rule gets lifted, THAT uniform is first up, and I'm pretty sure that's the vastly more popular option.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
scutterhawk":207dpks2 said:
Maelstrom787":207dpks2 said:
ZagHawk":207dpks2 said:

That's untrue, we no longer see the Silver Helmets, the Seahawk decal is NOT the "Actual" design they started with, the colors aren't even the same as the originals.
Do I like every change?, no, but I was really never a fan of the pencil thin mustache, nor the pin stripe suits with the wide lapels either.
I don't think there is one teams uni's in the NFL that hasn't gone through some major changes over the last 45 years....NOW, the Steelers Bumble Bee uniforms? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sigh. You're misrepresenting my point here. I'm not saying that uniforms changing is bad. I'm saying that the design should be emblematic of the franchise.

Black has never... literally never... been emblematic of the Seahawks. It isn't equivalent toning the silver down a few shades to grey, or switching the hue of blue, or updating the logo to be an unmistakably modern update of the same Seahawk design. It's completely unoriginal and irrelevant to the franchise.

Chawker

Reaction score
I used to race a green 2013 Boss mustang with a black boss stripe on grand tismo 5. It was so bad that I had like 10 of them. Its a awesome color combo,586 H.P. & 575 foot pounds of torque with a 3.93 rear gear, no blower or turbo, all motor. I'd run nuremburge track, my best time was in the 6:30s. It would run in the 198 mph topped out, but drafting it would go over 200 mph @8500 rpms.

Green with black trim is bright , bold and bad azz, love it ! I totally support Bobby Wagner and I'am all for it !

Cheers Chawker

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":19cato29 said:
scutterhawk":19cato29 said:
Maelstrom787":19cato29 said:
ZagHawk":19cato29 said:

Sigh. You're misrepresenting my point here. I'm not saying that uniforms changing is bad. I'm saying that the design should be emblematic of the franchise.

Black has never... literally never... been emblematic of the Seahawks. It isn't equivalent toning the silver down a few shades to grey, or switching the hue of blue, or updating the logo to be an unmistakably modern update of the same Seahawk design. It's completely unoriginal and irrelevant to the franchise.
-->TO YOU<-- it is "irrelevant" and a non-factor, apparently Bobby AND Millions of others disagree.
"Toning Down a few shades" from Silver to Grey...How about "Toning Down a few shades" of grey, until you reach BLACK..... it is Easy to play with words, & color concepts, eh?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":bt62xyop said:
Maelstrom787":bt62xyop said:
scutterhawk":bt62xyop said:
Maelstrom787":bt62xyop said:

-->TO YOU<-- it is "irrelevant" and a non-factor, apparently Bobby AND Millions of others disagree.
"Toning Down a few shades" from Silver to Grey...How about "Toning Down a few shades" of grey, until you reach BLACK..... it is Easy to play with words, & color concepts, eh?

Millions? Where are you coming up with that number?

Latest posts