Brandon Marshall " Wilson Trying to Move On In A classy way"

Tinamedina

Reaction score
knownone":87q88hf6 said:
I think people are misunderstanding the situation, Marshall included. Wilson is not trying to move on from Seattle. Seattle is and has been trying to move on from Wilson, and what we're seeing is damage control and a leverage play from both sides. Think about it, in 2018, Pete and John were close to trading Russ to Cleveland for the #1 pick, and something else, so they could take Josh Allen. In 2017, they were supposedly preparing to trade up for Mahomes if he fell into the mid teens. There is a reason Russ wanted a no trade clause.

If this is a front office that believes they need Russ, they certainly have not acted like it. Their actions speak to a forced marriage. In other words, they want to move on, they just haven't found a deal that works for them. And Russ is too valuable to move on from without getting something worthwhile in return.

Ultimately, I don't think they will move on from Russ this season. However, if anyone is capable of pulling out a jaw dropping trade it's JS. Whether that's a good thing for us as fans? Who knows. But you'd have to think that Pete and John would consider trading Russ to the Jet's for Quinnen Williams, the #2 pick, our first, and a host of other picks, and have one last run at building a team in their image before Pete retires.

Facts.

5thgen

Reaction score
SlickRick":1rff6zr9 said:
https://youtu.be/oOiDyYUcels

Marshall also says seahawks don't believe in russ
Give this video a watch, Marshall talks about the game plan Pete wants , russell holding the ball long is on Pete

No quick game , inside scoop... Amazing

This is a newer video on first things first came out today

Thanks - Brandon Marshall giving russ tips on how to lead. But he is right. I see players on great teams rallying around their qb but don't see the same camaraderie with russ and the offense.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":yg9ktcp0 said:
You are kidding right?

You don't trade away Wilson. That is insane.

You replace Carroll.

There is no upside to keeping Carroll and trading Wilson.

There is an upside to getting rid of Carroll and keeping Wilson. Not a great % of success but the alternative has a near zero chance of success.

This isn't hard math. You give Wilson what he wants. If Wilson wants what the coach does not, then the coach has to go.

Because our coach is almost 90 anyway and it isn't like he has many years left to build any kind of winning team without a QB.

While a great QB can get another coach and keep winning.

Not hard math. AT ALL.

EDIT:
Okay maybe if you can trade for Watson. But that isn't even close to likely.

No way Pete over Russ any day! Russ choked!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
knownone":1j8kpj7g said:
I think people are misunderstanding the situation, Marshall included. Wilson is not trying to move on from Seattle. Seattle is and has been trying to move on from Wilson, and what we're seeing is damage control and a leverage play from both sides. Think about it, in 2018, Pete and John were close to trading Russ to Cleveland for the #1 pick, and something else, so they could take Josh Allen. In 2017, they were supposedly preparing to trade up for Mahomes if he fell into the mid teens. There is a reason Russ wanted a no trade clause.

If this is a front office that believes they need Russ, they certainly have not acted like it. Their actions speak to a forced marriage. In other words, they want to move on, they just haven't found a deal that works for them. And Russ is too valuable to move on from without getting something worthwhile in return.

Ultimately, I don't think they will move on from Russ this season. However, if anyone is capable of pulling out a jaw dropping trade it's JS. Whether that's a good thing for us as fans? Who knows. But you'd have to think that Pete and John would consider trading Russ to the Jet's for Quinnen Williams, the #2 pick, our first, and a host of other picks, and have one last run at building a team in their image before Pete retires.

Wow I completely missed it too! All I saw was Baker never once thought it was Allen. I think your %100 right. The truth is I’m completely biased against Sierra, I don’t like her, I hate her friends, & since they got together I’ve wanted Russ out of Seattle.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":anqhiy21 said:
knownone":anqhiy21 said:

I don't buy the Browns story for a second. Chris Simms is a clown, and the rumor was corroborated by exactly no one.

With Mahomes, though... Schneider comes from Green Bay. He's a Thompson disciple. They evaluated Mahomes as the best player in the class, and from a value standpoint, they'd HAVE to have considered him at the spot. Even still, such an incendiary rumor getting out of the building leads me to believe that they were just deliberately trying to secure an attractive trade-down package for 26 had Mahomes fallen.

EDIT: Doubling back to the Browns story... does anyone believe the Browns would seriously turn down Russell Wilson for a draft pick? The compensation is staggeringly off.

Russ doesn’t throw into tight windows, if they like Mahomes how could they not like Allen? I loved Allen and I dreamed of getting him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":11fnzhfw said:
Maelstrom787":11fnzhfw said:
knownone":11fnzhfw said:

I don't buy the Browns story for a second. Chris Simms is a clown, and the rumor was corroborated by exactly no one.

With Mahomes, though... Schneider comes from Green Bay. He's a Thompson disciple. They evaluated Mahomes as the best player in the class, and from a value standpoint, they'd HAVE to have considered him at the spot. Even still, such an incendiary rumor getting out of the building leads me to believe that they were just deliberately trying to secure an attractive trade-down package for 26 had Mahomes fallen.

EDIT: Doubling back to the Browns story... does anyone believe the Browns would seriously turn down Russell Wilson for a draft pick? The compensation is staggeringly off.

Russ doesn’t throw into tight windows, if they like Mahomes how could they not like Allen? I loved Allen and I dreamed of getting him.

If we're to believe the stories, they would've taken Mayfield over Allen. None of it really adds up.

Also, Russ avoiding tight windows is literally a product of coaching. Ask Pete Carroll how he feels about risky throws.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Marshall is also extremely off-base with his information about the offensive line. More of the tired, inaccurate "they don't invest in it" garbage. They traded for Brown, they drafted Pocic in round 2, Ifedi round 1, Britt round 2, Lewis round 3, and regularly sink mid-round picks into it too. They don't ignore it in the draft like he implies.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The writers and sports talk guys. It clearly is the idiot convention.
They want clicks, they are getting them, so more power to them I guess...…...Meh
Russ doesn't throw in to tight windows? Now THAT is funny. He's only been doing it his entire career.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":dv9zkjtz said:
The writers and sports talk guys. It clearly is the idiot convention.
They want clicks, they are getting them, so more power to them I guess...…...Meh

Yep. Lots of guys whipping out their keyboards and firing up the ol' site-traffic-machine with their Russ takes in the media right now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And he'll be under center in 2021 and beyond. And at least we had something to talk about. Thank God Free Agency is coming up.

chris98251

Reaction score
All this and I mean all the bitching and moaning the multiple threads the pissed off Wilson and firing of Schotty comes back to one thing.

Not adjusting to deep Cover two for half the season.

Blaming Schotty may be popular but to adjust to it you have to run underneath YAC routes or bend teams to your will with a running game they cannot stop.

Pete does not like using the middle of the field due to possible tips and bounces off receivers hands for easy INT's

We have never seen a season where he has used crossing patterns in stride as part of his offense, thats with what 4 coordinators? While almost every other team has that and uses that in their offense.

Why I think his fingerprints are still in a large portion of our offense.

Difference of opinion is what was stated with all of the OC's leaving, I can bet it wasn't about what kind of blocking schemes to use for the running game that was that difference, it was the passing game.

Really it's kind of a head scratcher, Pete coached under Walsh for a short period, and Walsh used the run and ball control passing game in the WCO which was all about YAC.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It was not a difference of opinion.

The actual quote (allegedly) from Carroll to the media in why they released the OC was a 'difference in philosophy'

That might sound the same, but it isn't.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3snkgi3c said:
knownone":3snkgi3c said:

Wow I completely missed it too! All I saw was Baker never once thought it was Allen. I think your %100 right. The truth is I’m completely biased against Sierra, I don’t like her, I hate her friends, & since they got together I’ve wanted Russ out of Seattle.

This take is why no one should take anything you’ve posted on the entire forum seriously. Makes me wonder...did Russ steal your bike when you where kids. You are sad

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":5wzppdvr said:
It was not a difference of opinion.

The actual quote (allegedly) from Carroll to the media in why they released the OC was a 'difference in philosophy'

That might sound the same, but it isn't.

Opinion or philosophy, either way it was how to use the passing game I would bet on it. Deep safe passes or sideline going out of bounds versus in stride routes and over the middle as part of the tree.

We have always said the passing tree we use is simplistic and predictable with Pete here, blamed it on Bevell and Schotty mostly. But the one thing that has been constant is Pete.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is the thing Chris,

Difference of opinion you can overcome. Maybe you can address or negotiate on key points. Maybe concede here and there or the reverse.

Difference of philosophy means 2 core beliefs that are not compatible. Building a bridge over that is not impossible but unlikely. Hence the need to get rid of the OC.

More importantly, Wilson was aligned to his OC's philosophy. Which means Carroll likely is not aligned to Wilson's. That is a problem that there is little avenue to overcome.

Even worse when you hear some of the quotes in the media about his and they say things like 'I talked to Carroll and he said he wanted to get back to 90s football" (ie run the ball, control the clock, etc). Notice I did not say they 'think' Carroll wants this, this is what Carroll allegedly said.

Which is problematic because if you want to re-create 90s football, you are not going to be a winning playoff team. Period. Worse you are not going to have the support of your star QB, because 90s football cuts the legs off of the best QBs.

A difference of philosophy is a giant chasm. And if this exists between Carroll and Wilson, then the person who matters here is Wilson. Carroll needs to either get in line or convince Wilson to integrate his philosophy.

You think that is likely?

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":22u7suy3 said:
That is the thing Chris,

Difference of opinion you can overcome. Maybe you can address or negotiate on key points. Maybe concede here and there or the reverse.

Difference of philosophy means 2 core beliefs that are not compatible. Building a bridge over that is not impossible but unlikely. Hence the need to get rid of the OC.

More importantly, Wilson was aligned to his OC's philosophy. Which means Carroll likely is not aligned to Wilson's. That is a problem that there is little avenue to overcome.

Even worse when you hear some of the quotes in the media about his and they say things like 'I talked to Carroll and he said he wanted to get back to 90s football" (ie run the ball, control the clock, etc). Notice I did not say they 'think' Carroll wants this, this is what Carroll allegedly said.

Which is problematic because if you want to re-create 90s football, you are not going to be a winning playoff team. Period. Worse you are not going to have the support of your star QB, because 90s football cuts the legs off of the best QBs.

A difference of philosophy is a giant chasm. And if this exists between Carroll and Wilson, then the person who matters here is Wilson. Carroll needs to either get in line or convince Wilson to integrate his philosophy.

As I said in another thread or maybe up in this one, Wilson now feels mortality as many do when they get in their 30's, stuff hurts in the morning and you don't bounce as well.

Wilson seen what can be done, the cork has been pulled from the bottle, Pete shoved it back in midway thru the season and either would not let them adjust with short games and YAC routes over the middle or Wilson would not use them for fear of the repercussions if there was a turn over.

I think that success opened up Russells eyes some, the frustration is not getting a chance to build and adjust on that for whatever reason. It's not just Wilson it's the WR's and TE's also. we don't use them like we should in the passing attack or didn't last eyar until desperation.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":3pwnlqiv said:
TwistedHusky":3pwnlqiv said:
That is the thing Chris,

As I said in another thread or maybe up in this one, Wilson now feels mortality as many do when they get in their 30's, stuff hurts in the morning and you don't bounce as well.

Wilson seen what can be done, the cork has been pulled from the bottle, Pete shoved it back in midway thru the season and either would not let them adjust with short games and YAC routes over the middle or Wilson would not use them for fear of the repercussions if there was a turn over.

I think that success opened up Russells eyes some, the frustration is not getting a chance to build and adjust on that for whatever reason. It's not just Wilson it's the WR's and TE's also. we don't use them like we should in the passing attack or didn't last eyar until desperation.

I agree this is more than Wilson. Dk spoke up. Tyler made a comment and I know others have too. Marshall even said others on the team feel the same way.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
[tweet][/tweet]
Maelstrom787":2mtctmhc said:
Marshall is also extremely off-base with his information about the offensive line. More of the tired, inaccurate "they don't invest in it" garbage. They traded for Brown, they drafted Pocic in round 2, Ifedi round 1, Britt round 2, Lewis round 3, and regularly sink mid-round picks into it too. They don't ignore it in the draft like he implies.
they just cannot draft any good o linemen. Besides Brown who on that list is any good?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2shvhvle said:
[tweet][/tweet]
Maelstrom787":2shvhvle said:
they just cannot draft any good o linemen. Besides Brown who on that list is any good?

1. The point I'm making is that saying the Seahawks don't invest in the position is wrong. They're not neglecting or ignoring it, which many people think is the case. It's a flawed argument.

2. The Brown trade was amazing for a legitimately elite left tackle.

3. Lewis is REALLY good, Pocic has been a net negative but is pretty average at center, Britt followed the same path as Pocic, Ifedi was not good but not bad by the end of his time here and played well for Chicago. I think they do draft talented guys, for the most part. They've just struggled at putting them at their best spots. With them moving Pocic to his natural spot and keeping Lewis at his natural spot, I'm encouraged that they've realized the error of their ways.

4. They also signed Shell, who played at an above average level. Simmons and Jones are good backups.

The offensive line did its job. They won pass blocks at a really impressive rate last year, and almost all of the ugly moments came after the ball was held for 3 seconds or backups were getting beat. The 2020 scheme asked a LOT of them. Their plates were overflowing.

With that being said... I'd like to see them acquire a real stud. Linsley, Thuney, or Scherff. If only to keep Russell happy. If the OL looks better this year, I'm almost certain it'll be due to Waldron's scheme making their job a lot easier.