Brandon Marshall " Wilson Trying to Move On In A classy way"

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Elemas":3dm36xpi said:
TwistedHusky":3dm36xpi said:
You are kidding right?

You don't trade away Wilson. That is insane.

You replace Carroll.

There is no upside to keeping Carroll and trading Wilson.

There is an upside to getting rid of Carroll and keeping Wilson. Not a great % of success but the alternative has a near zero chance of success.

This isn't hard math. You give Wilson what he wants. If Wilson wants what the coach does not, then the coach has to go.

Because our coach is almost 90 anyway and it isn't like he has many years left to build any kind of winning team without a QB.

While a great QB can get another coach and keep winning.

Not hard math. AT ALL.

EDIT:
Okay maybe if you can trade for Watson. But that isn't even close to likely.

I’d take Watson as well. I think I’d want a pick or two as well.

I agree with you. Keep Wilson...get rid of Pete. But, doesn’t it seem that the writing on the wall says that if the Hawks are forced to chose between PC and Russ, Pete’s staying?

It’s frustrating. Infuriating to be honest. But, they have looked at shopping him before. Hell, I’m sure every team considers all potential trade scenarios. Even if they’re downright ludicrous.

We’re seeing statements being made that haven’t been made before. We’re hearing about teams inquiring about a RW trade. Unprecedented....smoke...fire....I’m worried.

Man...I’m on the edge of my seat here as I’m sure you all are as well. This could just be a lot of chatter but, it’s 100% drama for sure.

I’d shed some tears...literally shed tears.
I’m with you, guys!

You keep Wilson over Carroll.

This is and always have been a players league.

The player, especially, the franchise QB, the best QB the franchise has ever had is more likely to succeed over the coach without the franchise QB.

I’d like to see what Wilson can do without Carroll, than what Carroll can do without Wilson.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3ewghj21 said:
Cyrus12":3ewghj21 said:
[tweet][/tweet]
Maelstrom787":3ewghj21 said:
Marshall is also extremely off-base with his information about the offensive line. More of the tired, inaccurate "they don't invest in it" garbage. They traded for Brown, they drafted Pocic in round 2, Ifedi round 1, Britt round 2, Lewis round 3, and regularly sink mid-round picks into it too. They don't ignore it in the draft like he implies.
they just cannot draft any good o linemen. Besides Brown who on that list is any good?

1. The point I'm making is that saying the Seahawks don't invest in the position is wrong. They're not neglecting or ignoring it, which many people think is the case. It's a flawed argument.

2. The Brown trade was amazing for a legitimately elite left tackle.

3. Lewis is REALLY good, Pocic has been a net negative but is pretty average at center, Britt followed the same path as Pocic, Ifedi was not good but not bad by the end of his time here and played well for Chicago. I think they do draft talented guys, for the most part. They've just struggled at putting them at their best spots. With them moving Pocic to his natural spot and keeping Lewis at his natural spot, I'm encouraged that they've realized the error of their ways.

4. They also signed Shell, who played at an above average level. Simmons and Jones are good backups.

The offensive line did its job. They won pass blocks at a really impressive rate last year, and almost all of the ugly moments came after the ball was held for 3 seconds or backups were getting beat. The 2020 scheme asked a LOT of them. Their plates were overflowing.

With that being said... I'd like to see them acquire a real stud. Linsley, Thuney, or Scherff. If only to keep Russell happy. If the OL looks better this year, I'm almost certain it'll be due to Waldron's scheme making their job a lot easier.

As a reminder Wilson redid his contarct for Brown and said he was willing to again if need be.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1aqiakdt said:
FresnoHawk68":1aqiakdt said:
knownone":1aqiakdt said:
I think people are misunderstanding the situation, Marshall included. Wilson is not trying to move on from Seattle. Seattle is and has been trying to move on from Wilson, and what we're seeing is damage control and a leverage play from both sides. Think about it, in 2018, Pete and John were close to trading Russ to Cleveland for the #1 pick, and something else, so they could take Josh Allen. In 2017, they were supposedly preparing to trade up for Mahomes if he fell into the mid teens. There is a reason Russ wanted a no trade clause.

If this is a front office that believes they need Russ, they certainly have not acted like it. Their actions speak to a forced marriage. In other words, they want to move on, they just haven't found a deal that works for them. And Russ is too valuable to move on from without getting something worthwhile in return.

Ultimately, I don't think they will move on from Russ this season. However, if anyone is capable of pulling out a jaw dropping trade it's JS. Whether that's a good thing for us as fans? Who knows. But you'd have to think that Pete and John would consider trading Russ to the Jet's for Quinnen Williams, the #2 pick, our first, and a host of other picks, and have one last run at building a team in their image before Pete retires.

Wow I completely missed it too! All I saw was Baker never once thought it was Allen. I think your %100 right. The truth is I’m completely biased against Sierra, I don’t like her, I hate her friends, & since they got together I’ve wanted Russ out of Seattle.

This take is why no one should take anything you’ve posted on the entire forum seriously. Makes me wonder...did Russ steal your bike when you where kids. You are sad

No his wife hangs out with pedos!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2bk6ixxv said:
Flyingsquad23":2bk6ixxv said:
FresnoHawk68":2bk6ixxv said:
knownone":2bk6ixxv said:
I think people are misunderstanding the situation, Marshall included. Wilson is not trying to move on from Seattle. Seattle is and has been trying to move on from Wilson, and what we're seeing is damage control and a leverage play from both sides. Think about it, in 2018, Pete and John were close to trading Russ to Cleveland for the #1 pick, and something else, so they could take Josh Allen. In 2017, they were supposedly preparing to trade up for Mahomes if he fell into the mid teens. There is a reason Russ wanted a no trade clause.

If this is a front office that believes they need Russ, they certainly have not acted like it. Their actions speak to a forced marriage. In other words, they want to move on, they just haven't found a deal that works for them. And Russ is too valuable to move on from without getting something worthwhile in return.

Ultimately, I don't think they will move on from Russ this season. However, if anyone is capable of pulling out a jaw dropping trade it's JS. Whether that's a good thing for us as fans? Who knows. But you'd have to think that Pete and John would consider trading Russ to the Jet's for Quinnen Williams, the #2 pick, our first, and a host of other picks, and have one last run at building a team in their image before Pete retires.

Wow I completely missed it too! All I saw was Baker never once thought it was Allen. I think your %100 right. The truth is I’m completely biased against Sierra, I don’t like her, I hate her friends, & since they got together I’ve wanted Russ out of Seattle.

This take is why no one should take anything you’ve posted on the entire forum seriously. Makes me wonder...did Russ steal your bike when you where kids. You are sad

Good to know that you won't be able to post objectively about football because of how you feel about the pop artist wife of a player.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I was told by Q that Fresno was possibly a _____ so maybe he has first hand knowledge.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3qrdseux said:
No way Pete over Russ any day! Russ choked!

If this were to ever happen, you would quickly see the error in your ways. Russ is a top 5 QB in the league that guarantees this team 9 to 10 wins a season. Get rid of him and see how quick Pete and his shannanigans start netting the Hawks 4,5, to 6 wins per season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cyrus12":up583na5 said:
[tweet][/tweet]
Maelstrom787":up583na5 said:
Marshall is also extremely off-base with his information about the offensive line. More of the tired, inaccurate "they don't invest in it" garbage. They traded for Brown, they drafted Pocic in round 2, Ifedi round 1, Britt round 2, Lewis round 3, and regularly sink mid-round picks into it too. They don't ignore it in the draft like he implies.
they just cannot draft any good o linemen. Besides Brown who on that list is any good?

That is not the problem, many lineman here move to other teams and are successful, it's how they scheme.

Chapow

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1o87lakf said:
Flyingsquad23":1o87lakf said:
FresnoHawk68":1o87lakf said:
The truth is I’m completely biased against Sierra, I don’t like her, I hate her friends, & since they got together I’ve wanted Russ out of Seattle.

So you think the mother of 3 young children is cool with pedophilia? And that makes sense to you?

pinksheets

Reaction score
Uh oh, it looks like one of them wandered off the hospital grounds again. Let's get you home, sweetie. No, I promise you they aren't recording your thoughts with the 5g.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":16nhsw1s said:
Maelstrom787":16nhsw1s said:
FresnoHawk68":16nhsw1s said:
Flyingsquad23":16nhsw1s said:

Good to know that you won't be able to post objectively about football because of how you feel about the pop artist wife of a player.

It’s not just his wife, it’s the Hollywood crowd! Spent many years there it’s terrible! The people are sick pups! For sure those peeps bring drama into Russ’s life, they will scam him out of his $$, and they will definitely break his heart. I know many athletes whose career went down shortly after hanging with that crowd. Specifically Sierra & Russ Management CAA they’re bad bad news! I turned white as a ghost when I found out Russ was connected to CAA.

Your hatred for Conservatives is obvious assuming the worst in people you disagree with is the theme with about a half dozen on this site. Your so weak you can’t handle what you dish out & it gives you pleasure to pick on those who for whatever reason don’t fight back. Your assumption that those that won’t fight back are weak is misguided and your assumption your getting somewhere with me because I throw it right back in your face is also misguided. Almost everything I’ve stated on the site has a purpose & timing is everything. Keep it up your only making matters worse for yourself.

This isn't the time nor the place. I don't care if you "fight back" or not. It's an internet message board, and this isn't the topic of the thread.

AgentDib

Reaction score
There are three parties that need to be satisfied for any trade to occur; the Seahawks, the opposing team, and Russ himself. It's difficult to see how a trade could work for all three parties unless Russ really wanted to go to a bad team for some reason.

knownone":314vqk5y said:
But you'd have to think that Pete and John would consider trading Russ to the Jet's for Quinnen Williams, the #2 pick, our first, and a host of other picks, and have one last run at building a team in their image before Pete retires.
Why would Russ approve that trade?

John63":314vqk5y said:
As a reminder Wilson redid his contarct for Brown and said he was willing to again if need be.
FYI that kind of restructure is simply taking money already owed to the player and giving it to them immediately as an upfront bonus. Zero players have ever turned that down in the history of the NFL. The downside is from the team's perspective we are borrowing against salary cap space in future years and that's one of the ways front offices get into major salary cap trouble.

strohmin

Reaction score
I used to think that Russ had to be ignoring Pete's instruction just to do his own thing on the field. However, after hearing all this, it is clear that Pete has completely ruined Russ and this team by being a stubborn dumbass. I am glad Russ is calling out his stupidity. If they trade Russ because of this, then I hope Russ sticks it to him in an offense that will allow him to thrive. It makes sense now that every high profile athlete that we traded for has been ruined once they come to seattle.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Elemas":3bl4y1k3 said:
I’d hate to lose Russ but, it would be entertaining to see the haters attitudes and comments once we started going 5-11, 6-10, etc.

Yeah because banging your head into the one and done playoffs wall is so great.

getnasty

Reaction score
John63":gugi21ln said:
Maelstrom787":gugi21ln said:
Cyrus12":gugi21ln said:
[tweet][/tweet]
Maelstrom787":gugi21ln said:

1. The point I'm making is that saying the Seahawks don't invest in the position is wrong. They're not neglecting or ignoring it, which many people think is the case. It's a flawed argument.

3. Lewis is REALLY good, Pocic has been a net negative but is pretty average at center, Britt followed the same path as Pocic, Ifedi was not good but not bad by the end of his time here and played well for Chicago. I think they do draft talented guys, for the most part. They've just struggled at putting them at their best spots. With them moving Pocic to his natural spot and keeping Lewis at his natural spot, I'm encouraged that they've realized the error of their ways.

4. They also signed Shell, who played at an above average level. Simmons and Jones are good backups.

The offensive line did its job. They won pass blocks at a really impressive rate last year, and almost all of the ugly moments came after the ball was held for 3 seconds or backups were getting beat. The 2020 scheme asked a LOT of them. Their plates were overflowing.

With that being said... I'd like to see them acquire a real stud. Linsley, Thuney, or Scherff. If only to keep Russell happy. If the OL looks better this year, I'm almost certain it'll be due to Waldron's scheme making their job a lot easier.

As a reminder Russell Wilsons people leaked that he's not happy with the OL.

xray

Reaction score
Wilson will not retire a Seahawk . Brady was supposed to retire a Patriot . Didn't happen did it ? Many fans in here want Carroll to stay HC forever and Wilson to play there until he's 45 . Fans are childlike in so many ways . :D

Reaction score
John63":3kxzpb4t said:
Maelstrom787":3kxzpb4t said:
Cyrus12":3kxzpb4t said:
[tweet][/tweet]
Maelstrom787":3kxzpb4t said:

He re-structured it. Meaning he got FUTURE money TODAY, spread out as a signing bonus to the Seahawks cap hit. It's not a negative for the player at all, in fact it's a positive. Now if he gets cut he still gets the money regardless (and it still hits the cap now, before it would have been saved) and if he's traded, it still hits the Seahawks rather than his new team. Restructures are NOT a "nice thing" a player does for the team.

If I said to you, do you want your next three year's salary upfront today, with no stipulations that enable me to claw it back tomorrow, who WOULDN'T jump at that chance? Your employer fires you later? Oh well, you're still taking home that three years' pay.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1odnnjfr said:
FresnoHawk68":1odnnjfr said:
Maelstrom787":1odnnjfr said:
FresnoHawk68":1odnnjfr said:

It’s not just his wife, it’s the Hollywood crowd! Spent many years there it’s terrible! The people are sick pups! For sure those peeps bring drama into Russ’s life, they will scam him out of his $$, and they will definitely break his heart. I know many athletes whose career went down shortly after hanging with that crowd. Specifically Sierra & Russ Management CAA they’re bad bad news! I turned white as a ghost when I found out Russ was connected to CAA.

Your hatred for Conservatives is obvious assuming the worst in people you disagree with is the theme with about a half dozen on this site. Your so weak you can’t handle what you dish out & it gives you pleasure to pick on those who for whatever reason don’t fight back. Your assumption that those that won’t fight back are weak is misguided and your assumption your getting somewhere with me because I throw it right back in your face is also misguided. Almost everything I’ve stated on the site has a purpose & timing is everything. Keep it up your only making matters worse for yourself.

This isn't the time nor the place. I don't care if you "fight back" or not. It's an internet message board, and this isn't the topic of the thread.

Of course it’s on topic, I stated why I was skeptical of Russ and it looks like Pete & John are skeptical too maybe for the same reasons probably not. He slammed my statement and attack other comments I’ve made in the Politics section. I provided further details. CAA is bad bad news and when they’re raided first thought is going to be Oh God hope Russ is ok.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1r8omdox said:
Maelstrom787":1r8omdox said:
FresnoHawk68":1r8omdox said:
Maelstrom787":1r8omdox said:

Of course it’s on topic, I stated why I was skeptical of Russ and it looks like Pete & John are skeptical too maybe for the same reasons probably not. He slammed my statement and attack other comments I’ve made in the Politics section. I provided further details. CAA is bad bad news and when they’re raided first thought is going to be Oh God hope Russ is ok.

The interactions in the politics forum should stay in the politics forum. Post them there, perhaps?

nwHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3nahnyly said:
TwistedHusky":3nahnyly said:
It was not a difference of opinion.

The actual quote (allegedly) from Carroll to the media in why they released the OC was a 'difference in philosophy'

That might sound the same, but it isn't.

Opinion or philosophy, either way it was how to use the passing game I would bet on it. Deep safe passes or sideline going out of bounds versus in stride routes and over the middle as part of the tree.

We have always said the passing tree we use is simplistic and predictable with Pete here, blamed it on Bevell and Schotty mostly. But the one thing that has been constant is Pete.

There are two things: Pete and Russ

We may never know the which caused more limitations.