Brooks is rapidly improving, great game

sutz

Reaction score
Rat":32em87gm said:
PNW":32em87gm said:
Where’s all the Queen lovers/Brooks haters??? *crickets.......

Queen is good too.

I don't think there were Brooks haters, as much as it seemed like a strange position for us to invest a first rounder in. The current regime doesn't have a great track record for first round picks, but he's looking like he belongs at least.
Fans tend to have excessively high expectations of rookies. Where we pick every year in the last third of the round, you don't really get that many "impact" players who break out in game one of their rookie season.

Brooks is proving his worth on the field.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
PNW":2o7az8b8 said:
jamescasey1124":2o7az8b8 said:
PNW":2o7az8b8 said:
jamescasey1124":2o7az8b8 said:
He is...except with bobby in the way...in this defensive scheme he wont get to play. Where as bobby came in 2012 and immediately played. I dont want to get rid of bobby or wright. I think we need to make a defensive scheme change. Shift to a 34 defense. Bobby and brooks stay on the field at all times as Mike's. Kj is the rolb. Griffin should be the left outside linebacker, but play opposite of opponents blocking strength. Or crazy thought Adam's. Let neal and diggs roam the back end.

Dunlap reed and poona on the line. Rotate them out for rest.

Griffin, flowers, reed and amadi our corners. Blair next year too.

That d would be scary good. We would drop everyone. But hey...we just had a solid d performance.
Bobby had to beat out Mike Morgan to win the starting job in 2012, Brooks would have done the same thing this year if Mike Morgan was who he had to beat out.

No kj played mike 2012 to start and 2011. Wags took over for him early in the season 2012.
Mike wasn’t KJ’s natural position, they were doing that out of necessity, wrong about BWags, he stepped in as the starting MLB once the season started.

Yes I know it was necessity because they had no one else. Specially not mike Morgan. But wagner did not start the first game first snap of 2012 as the mike. Kj did. Then shifted back out.

PNW

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1qfazby9 said:
PNW":1qfazby9 said:
jamescasey1124":1qfazby9 said:
PNW":1qfazby9 said:
Bobby had to beat out Mike Morgan to win the starting job in 2012, Brooks would have done the same thing this year if Mike Morgan was who he had to beat out.

No kj played mike 2012 to start and 2011. Wags took over for him early in the season 2012.
Mike wasn’t KJ’s natural position, they were doing that out of necessity, wrong about BWags, he stepped in as the starting MLB once the season started.

Yes I know it was necessity because they had no one else. Specially not mike Morgan. But wagner did not start the first game first snap of 2012 as the mike. Kj did. Then shifted back out.
You’re getting your information from a bad source or something, Pete announced Bobby Wagner as the starting MLB in the 2012 season opener against AZ. There was no sliding of Bobby from OLB back to MLB, he has 100% been the starting MLB since day one.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
PNW":3ojviovq said:
jamescasey1124":3ojviovq said:
PNW":3ojviovq said:
jamescasey1124":3ojviovq said:

You’re getting your information from a bad source or something, Pete announced Bobby Wagner as the starting MLB in the 2012 season opener against AZ. There was no sliding of Bobby from OLB back to MLB, he has 100% been the starting MLB since day one.

My source is game pass. Every game....every play.
If I miss a game...i go back and watch it, but have only missed a few since 2011. Like 4 total. I will go back and watch again, but it's pretty crazy that I remembered that from 8 years ago specifically.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Also I never said bobby played olb and shifted back to mike. Kj was at mike. Bobby wasn't even in.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Just looked up stats from first 2012 game against arizona. Wright played a 100 percent of the snaps while bobby only played 52 percent of the defensive snaps.

Kj started at mike 2012 following his 2011 campaign. While very brief time there...he Gave it to bobby and neither has looked back.

Whew...man you had me questioning what I saw 8 years ago. That's cray cray.

PNW

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":wpojcdv9 said:
Just looked up stats from first 2012 game against arizona. Wright played a 100 percent of the snaps while bobby only played 52 percent of the defensive snaps.

Kj started at mike 2012 following his 2011 campaign. While very brief time there...he Gave it to bobby and neither has looked back.

You won’t mind a screenshoot of the starting lineup for the Seahawks defense LB’s on the telecast real fast? No worries if not.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Mike Morgan played outside backer, not middle.

Wags beat out Matt McCoy and Barrett Ruud for the starting spot at Mike.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'll echo the same things. He has shown flashes of true quality for several weeks now. This latest game was really his best by far.

And what's most encouraging, is that the traits we saw in flashes earlier on, are starting to manifest themselves in a series by series basis. He has really great speed and quickness. Doubly so for a LB of his size. Most encouraging is that he's now seeing the plays quickly and trusting his eyes. Coupled with an innate ability to navigate the wash of bodies along the LOS -- he is going to make a TON of plays in the backfield during his career.

Right now, he is basically tied with Adams in terms of his patently obvious sudden burst of speed. The fact that this has been improving steadily really bodes well for him erupting on the roster next year.

Brooks has already become one of those few players where I find his number before the snap and watch him instead of the play. He really is becoming very good right before our eyes.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3iu5xcxk said:

Semantics, but Bobby was always the Mike in the base D. What happened early in 2012 was KJ had the play calling duties so he was left on the field doing sort of a hybrid Mike role. Bobby took over play calling duties around Week 5 and that’s when you would see him pretty exclusively at Mike.

toffee

Reaction score
May be time to unfire Pete and John for drafting Brooks instead of the "much better'" Queen?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk