Bryce Young expected out against Seahawks

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Pretty funny I saw the thread header and my first reaction was 'this is bad news' and now that I've looked through the responses, I think we're in 100% agreement.

James in PA

Reaction score
Gotta agree with other comments here. I guarantee Red throws for over 300 yards and at least two touchdowns. Our offense better come to play.

BASF

Reaction score
They have essentially the same line that dominated us last year. I also remember a lot of threads pregame about it being an easy win. Shouldn't we have learned?

nanomoz

Reaction score
People in Vegas who took the Panthers with points early are licking their chops. That Ginger scares me.
Dalton is going to throw for 500 yards, and the abuse thread will be revived.

Fade

Reaction score
Watching The QB School's breakdown of Young, he looks good. The problem is, no WRs are open.

Carolina has the worst collection of weapons in the NFL.

PFF were speculating in their podcast that they need to keep Young off the field until they get better weapons as to not ruin him.

This is a game the Seahawks defense should look like worldbeaters. If not well...

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Baffling that they would be in meltdown mode. Ginger gives them a better chance at a win but whatever.

They just spent a very high draft pick on the guy they expected to be their "QB of the future," and he's benched in week three.

There are two possibilities: either he's really so injured he might not be able to play, which validates the pre-draft concerns that he'd get beaten up in the NFL and not last long, or, as I've seen suggested in a few places, they've used a minor injury as an excuse to bench him, which would imply he's not as good as they hoped he'd be as an NFL QB, even taking into account that he's a rookie who's had two weeks in the league. FWIW, I strongly doubt this second possibility.

Either way, I don't find it confusing at all that fans of the team are worried.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
PFF were speculating in their podcast that they need to keep Young off the field until they get better weapons as to not ruin him.

I failed to even think of that possibility. Let's add it to the two I mentioned in my comment above. But even in that case, it would raise serious questions about their team-building strategy, drafting a potentially fragile starting QB and not giving him teammates that can help him succeed. And that too would be a good reason for Panthers fans to be worried.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I failed to even think of that possibility. Let's add it to the two I mentioned in my comment above. But even in that case, it would raise serious questions about their team-building strategy, drafting a potentially fragile starting QB and not giving him teammates that can help him succeed. And that too would be a good reason for Panthers fans to be worried.
Can't a team get in trouble for falsifying an injury report?

However, I do agree that Dalton is likely the better option anyway. If we don't get a better pass rush than what we've shown in our first two games, our crippled-up secondary could be in for a long day. Dalton has played a lot of football.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Can't a team get in trouble for falsifying an injury report?

However, I do agree that Dalton is likely the better option anyway. If we don't get a better pass rush than what we've shown in our first two games, our crippled-up secondary could be in for a long day. Dalton has played a lot of football.

The hypothesis that they're using the injury as an excuse to bench Young isn't mine. As I said in the comment where I mentioned two possibilities, I gave a lot more weight to the possibility he's really injured, but then that means he might really be as fragile as many people feared.
But as I understand it, the idea isn't that they're falsifying it, and that instead, they're just not trying hard to get him back for reasons other than his injury. I don't think that makes much sense anyway, because even though he doesn't have very good "weapons" around him, I've read that he hasn't looked terrible.

I think PFF's guess (reported by @Fade in this thread) that they want to sit him temporarily because he's not going to evolve with weak "weaponry" around him is significantly better than the "they're benching him because he sucks and using the injury as an excuse" hypothesis, but still much less likely than the possibility he's just really that injured and might really be as fragile as people were afraid he might be.

renofox

Reaction score
With Dalton playing, Hurtt needs to dial up lots of press coverage.

Dalton has been consistently top 5 in time to throw. With the lackluster receivers CAR has, jamming the receivers and bringing pressures is the way to go.

We'll probably see off coverage and 4 man rushes that don't apply pressure, allowing Dalton a consistent 3+ seconds to dink/dunk his way to 400+/4TDs.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I remember them running all over us last year. Not sure its the passing game we have to worry about. As has been stated earlier their receiving core is really really poor.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Didn't Dalton beat us last year? I wish they still had Newton, we beat the hell out of him.

LJ Collier's one good tackle, flipped Newton head over heels on 4th down and beat the Patriots.
Look for Dalton to dink and dunk down the field on agonizing 12+ play drives, winning the TOP battle while Hurtt sits up in the booth with that dumbfounded look on his face.
I think Dalton is like 4-1 against Seattle. If Hurrt wants to play his usual no pressure soft zone prevent crap, it’s going to be another long day.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm half-tempted to change my Fearless Prediction. I'll just cross my fingers that even with Ginger's likely prolific output, we still end up with more points at the end of the day.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I will say that with Young I was concerned with him running on us. Hopefully Dalton eliminates that from the equation.

cymatica

Reaction score
What is it with Seattle and ginger QBs? I even remember Jeff Garcia in Tampa Bay lighting it up.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Red rifle has definitely eaten our lunch before.. I think we will play 4 quarters and close it out with a win. This will be a decent test both of run d and pass rush.

Latest posts