Chris Carson Contract

misfit

Reaction score
No way they afford him

9 million for probably another 10 games next year

No thanks

rcaido

Reaction score
I dont see us tagging him but we will probably match. I think 11million.

I think it also depends on the playoffs and how he plays.

I think I like Russ and Carson more than Russ and Lockett or even Russ and Metcalf.

TraderGary

Reaction score
rcaido":ms7ejgxf said:
I dont see us tagging him but we will probably match. I think 11million.

I think it also depends on the playoffs and how he plays.

I think I like Russ and Carson more than Russ and Lockett or even Russ and Metcalf.
As great a RB as CC is, and as perfect a fit he is for this team, paying him 11 million would be a huge mistake for multiple reasons.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Appyhawk":wjwhlvcj said:
Did we get Hyde on a one year deal, or two?
Although we only had an abbreviated look, I thought 'Scarbro' turned in a very good Carson impersonation.
I would prefer to keep Carson, but I don't believe in credit spending.
Yes, Hyde is on a 1-year deal. I would be open to resigning him for 2021 for a similar type of deal if he was open to it. Not as the feature back in place of Carson, but he's a solid backup.

I'm really curious how Penny would do as the featured back. I don't think anyone really knows what we have in him including the coaching staff. His opportunities have been very limited since he was drafted. But Pete would have to learn how to use him properly as he's not a CC type of back. Adjustments would need to be made. But I would sure like to see them take advantage of the draft capital they spent on him. Or at the very least, let's see what's he got. He's shown flashes of brilliance in a limited role, but has never had the opportunity to get into any type of rhythm.

He's only got one more year on his rookie deal, and if they were to let him walk after next year without even knowing what they have in him, I think that would be a mistake.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Why do we have to make a decision when he is just coming back from another injury? I say, "Let's see how he performs in the next five games." Let his legs do the talking!!! :stirthepot:

Elemas

Reaction score
I didn't realize the average was that high. That being the case, I don't see a tag coming.

Hope we get him back!!

massari

Reaction score
Welshers":2gdusleh said:
Elemas":2gdusleh said:
Franchise tag will lock him in place.
So that's 9 million in cap hit for a guy who is carrying a 2 mill cap hit this year. Not enough space to keep everybody we need. We may let him walk and go to the draft. Hope we keep him.
Imagine the Seahawks thinking 9M was too much for Carson after paying Olsen 7M. That'd be insane.

misfit

Reaction score
massari":3507a4tq said:
Welshers":3507a4tq said:
Elemas":3507a4tq said:
So that's 9 million in cap hit for a guy who is carrying a 2 mill cap hit this year. Not enough space to keep everybody we need. We may let him walk and go to the draft. Hope we keep him.
Imagine the Seahawks thinking 9M was too much for Carson after paying Olsen 7M. That'd be insane.
Imagine compounding one bad decision with another one

massari

Reaction score
misfit":dz129xrn said:
Imagine compounding one bad decision with another one
Imagine actually believing 1 year 9M is too much for Carson.

ivotuk

Reaction score
massari":31v0qtjm said:
Welshers":31v0qtjm said:
Elemas":31v0qtjm said:

Terrible signing! I thought it was 8 million?

We need 3 very good backs. Look at last years playoffs. We would have made the NFCCG if we would have had 2 of these 3, Penny, Carson, Hyde.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

massari":2748go7f said:
Welshers":2748go7f said:
Elemas":2748go7f said:
Luckily Olsen is out of that contract next year. It is not inconceivable we could use that free cap space to hold down Chris or Shaq.

Elemas

Reaction score
I didn't like the Olsen signing from the start. That's way too much.

massari

Reaction score
misfit":k8bjkkw0 said:
Curious how you find 9 million for an unreliable RB in this cap situation we gonna be in next season
Neither of us are going to spend the time it takes to do this, and it's impossible to predict how much a free agent will actually get in order to do this, but what I do think is he's no doubt worth 1 year 9M to this offense.

Some Free Agents in 2021 and their cap hits from 2020
Olsen 7M
Wright 10M
Mayowa 3M
Irvin 6M
Hyde 3M
Dunbar 3.4M
Hollister 3.3M
Ogbuehi 2.5M

Also $13M in Dead cap coming off the books at the moment.

Looking on Spotrac, I thought Jarran Reed could be cut with no dead money, which would open up an extra $13.5M, but on OTC it says $5M in dead money. Whatever the case, cutting Reed would open a lot of money.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
massari":2zfgwui0 said:
misfit":2zfgwui0 said:
Curious how you find 9 million for an unreliable RB in this cap situation we gonna be in next season
Neither of us are going to spend the time it takes to do this, and it's impossible to predict how much a free agent will actually get in order to do this, but what I do think is he's no doubt worth 1 year 9M to this offense.

Olsen 7M
Wright 10M
Mayowa 3M
Irvin 6M
Hyde 3M
Dunbar 3.4M
Hollister 3.3M
Ogbuehi 2.5M

Looking on Spotrac, I thought Jarran Reed could be cut with no dead money, which would open up an extra $13.5M, but on OTC it says $5M in dead money. Whatever the case, cutting Reed would open a lot of money.

Good job on list. I dont see any of these guys resigning except for possibly wright and Hollister. The rest can go and be replaced by players in fa or draft. None of them were meant to be long term. Plenty of room for Carson. Who deemed unreliable apparently...not sure how. He will be back next year.

sutz

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2loct25b said:
massari":2loct25b said:
misfit":2loct25b said:

Olsen 7M
Wright 10M
Mayowa 3M
Irvin 6M
Hyde 3M
Dunbar 3.4M
Hollister 3.3M
Ogbuehi 2.5M

Good job on list. I dont see any of these guys resigning except for possibly wright and Hollister. The rest can go and be replaced by players in fa or draft. None of them were meant to be long term. Plenty of room for Carson. Who deemed unreliable apparently...not sure how. He will be back next year.
I disagree somewhat. I think that Ogbuehi comes back. He's proven to be useful. I think Mayowa will be back, too. He's been coming into his own. Neither of those guys will break the bank and both have been good football players.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
They have to find a way to resign him we don't have much draft capital to work with so replacing him in the draft becomes more difficult. They have to find a way to resign Adams as well . Penny certainly has talent and if he puts in the work he might be able to replace Carson but he hasn't started a full season yet so it's a risk if that's the route they decide to go in , So like i said they need to find a way to resign him..

misfit

Reaction score
I see Dunlap as a 14 mill too maybe money can be freed up, but you got other issues such as pass rush, I just dont see it epecially with all the positions to pay. We need to get away from the old mentality of paying a back big money I think its going to hamstring our team. And whats going to happen after this season?

I also think Carson is not going to take a 1 year deal

also looking at this years contract of guys who is going to be free agents doesnt free up money. I see the Reed thing and that could free up some money, but thats another hole at DT which is already a glaring issue for this team. I know Reed is underperformed, but I think DT is a much bigger issue than RB right now. I think they may rely on the other backs. Its unfortunate that penny is so fragile and Dallas has not panned out. I understand that none of them carry the physical identity that Pete craves in Carson. I believe a finesse kamara-esque back would fit this personnel better but Pete is never going to allow an offense like that anyway. oh well

massari

Reaction score
misfit":2941u4oe said:
I see Dunlap as a 14 mill too maybe money can be freed upl
If somebody like Everson Griffen can be signed for 6M like he was this season, maybe it might be worth opening up that 14M if they need it, because that'd be like choosing Everson Griffen and Carson over Dunlap.

Two stud players are better than one.

Latest posts