Chris Carson

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Dallas is not going to be a Carson replacement. The only such possibility currently on the roster is Rashaad Penny.

keasley45

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":hi76n24k said:
Dallas is not going to be a Carson replacement. The only such possibility currently on the roster is Rashaad Penny.

I think it would be a massive mistake to let Carson go and plan a future at RB that involves Rashad Penny. didnt like the pick on draft day and have seen nothing from him to change my mind. you cant run an effective ground attack or balanced approach with a RB that is as feast or famine as Penny. Look at his college tape. the dude has big plays but they are mostly a result of great blocking. He is not the guy to consistently get you 3.6 ypc. He doesnt read the line well or find creases. And frankly, he has never looked to be in top shape.

I honestly hope he heals up. We get him on the field to show the league he's healthy and ready to go and then we trade him for as high a draft pick as we can get.

keasley45

Reaction score
Carson is an outstanding back and the smashmouth kind of runner that the success of this team as a whole is predicated on. Marshawn wasnt just a great runner, he was a virtual hype man for the team with the style of ball he played. Carson isnt Lynch, but he is cut from the same cloth. Penny is not. Would frankly rather have Dallas than Rashad.

And we should absolutely try to keep Chris in Seattle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1bk9u7pl said:
Pass protection. That's why Homer is in there. He's an ace at it and is responsible for helping on some big plays today.

That said, Carson was an unsung hero. Kept drives alive by catching passes. Not to mention his beastquake today.
This. Homer is great in pass pro. Picks up the blitzer real well.

Elemas

Reaction score
Hoping we resign CC next year but as mentioned, RBs are normally considered "replaceable".

I don't want to see him leave but, I'd understand the Hawks not paying him and him going elsewhere.

Definitely don't want to see it....I think there's room to wiggle here and get him back.

PNW

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2t9rax36 said:
All you could get out of that run was the defender was pathetic.... beast quake featured some pathetic tackling also and yet it’s the greatest run in Hawks history. Really the amount of negativity here after a 5-0 start is the only pathetic thing I see.
Yes as a recent new forum member I can see there are a ton of members that mostly have a negative outlook on everything. I can’t imagine how any of them dealt with the rougher years :p

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
keasley45":23fdx9d8 said:
Carson is an outstanding back and the smashmouth kind of runner that the success of this team as a whole is predicated on. Marshawn wasnt just a great runner, he was a virtual hype man for the team with the style of ball he played. Carson isnt Lynch, but he is cut from the same cloth. Penny is not. Would frankly rather have Dallas than Rashad.

And we should absolutely try to keep Chris in Seattle.

Well, a lot of us did see things from Penny that promised him a future, at least towards the end there. Then he got injured. So who knows.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pay the man! $12 million a year is reasonable for him. There is NO ONE like him in the NFL, and he's as close to Marshawan Lynch as we're going to get.

I don't carry about the injuries. They aren't soft tissue injuries, but from slamming in to people. He needs to learn how to run out of bounds, and pick his spots where he's going wham a defensive player.

Penny can light it up, and is a good runner, but he's not going wear defenses out and have them short-arming tackles at te end of the game.

And nobody I've seen can break tackles like Chris. Nobody I've seen on this team can 'Get yards in a 4 minute, end of the game offense when everybody knows you're going to run it" like Chris Carson.

The other guys are great compliments, and are great for spelling Chris Carson. But Chris is the MAN. And I like that they're keeping his load light early in the season to keep him fresh for pounding on opposing offenses.

OP
OP
Flyingsquad23

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I hope they will find a way to get Chris back at 12-14 per. The man deserves a payday, would understand if he went elsewhere for the bigger deal but hope he finds value in a secure and familiar place.

As far a Penny the dude has a career 5.3 yard per carry avg and 9.3 yards per catch. Plus he has the burst to house one, those that want to give up on him are crazy. After what happened to the RB room at the end of last year I want them to have all the bodies they can get.

Maulbert

Reaction score
mikeak":hlzrc2ue said:
RockinHawks":hlzrc2ue said:
I can't understand why Homer is in there at ANY point during the game. He has ZERO quickness, no moves, and is eating up valuable time that Deejay Dallas could be utilizing. Homer can return kicks and that's it, for all I care. Dude stinks.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/byalistaircorp/status/1315496232987455488[/tweet]

QFT, plus embedding.