Chris Jones - Championship?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Can the Seahawks pay this guy?

"...As the Chiefs creep closer to their Sept. 7 season opener against the Detroit Lions at Arrowhead Stadium, defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo is still scrambling to figure out where the pass-rush pressure and sacks will come from, particularly if Jones doesn’t end his holdout before then..."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't imagine we could come close to the contract he would want. Hell of player, no doubt. Plus, you would have to give up high draft picks. Can't see it happening.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It sure is tempting, especially with Jones playing our biggest position of need.

But after the Adams dumpster fire, I'd be EXTREMELY hesitant to not only give up high picks, but to hand Jones the contract he's demanding. Which is 30M a year.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score

"Not close to a deal"

We're tight on cap space, but JS just gave a press conference about always competing to get better...

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Sounds like the Seahawks would have to pay him $30m/per

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
"I think our coaches are excited about our group," Schneider said. "We are trying to get a feel for the landscape right now and going over the waiver wire and all that, possible trades, we're still constantly working on it. I don't think on either side of the ball, the way the league is playing out right now, last several years I don't think you have enough offensive linemen or enough defensive linemen. That's not a slight on anybody that's here or on other teams, it's just the reality of it. The numbers are down over the last several years, especially in the offensive line. Defensive line-wise, we're constantly looking and we won't stop."

morgulon1

Reaction score
"I think our coaches are excited about our group," Schneider said. "We are trying to get a feel for the landscape right now and going over the waiver wire and all that, possible trades, we're still constantly working on it. I don't think on either side of the ball, the way the league is playing out right now, last several years I don't think you have enough offensive linemen or enough defensive linemen. That's not a slight on anybody that's here or on other teams, it's just the reality of it. The numbers are down over the last several years, especially in the offensive line. Defensive line-wise, we're constantly looking and we won't stop."

I wonder what he means exactly.

Are there less qualified players for the lines these days ? Why? Is it related to COVID ?

That last sentence was a joke.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

"Not close to a deal"

We're tight on cap space, but JS just gave a press conference about always competing to get better...

He also talked about learning from his time in Green Bay about making sure to have enough "dry powder" in reserves to make moves later in the season if needed.

As attractive as adding Jones is, this would be the opposite of what he said yesterday.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Just isn't happening I'm not sure about what's going on other then Kansas City refuses to be dictated to by anyone not named Patrick Mahomes because they have the cap room. So this about something else in my opinion.

knownone

Reaction score
We only have 2 million in cap space. Let's assume Seattle wants Jones. How would they do it? I don't see any reasonable trade scenarios.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I don't think Seattle would go for him, they don't need him, and are not in a position to buy him.

This feels like several years ago when Khalil Mack became available, pass.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We only have 2 million in cap space. Let's assume Seattle wants Jones. How would they do it? I don't see any reasonable trade scenarios.

You could probably make it work in year one with backloading the contract and giving Jones a huge signing bonus like we did for Adams. I think his signing bonus was 21M?

But like Adams, backloading a contract on a player who might not see the back end of it healthy and productive means another cap anchor around our necks in future years.

So again, as much as Jones coming to Seattle is super exciting to think about, it'd severely limit even a small amount of cap and we can assume at LEAST one 1st rounder, if not two.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score

94Smith

Reaction score
Maybe the Chiefs will trade Chris Jones to the 49ers for Nick Bosa.
We already have a poor mans Chris Jones FA in hargrave. I don't think the Seahawks front office is going to be too eager to be trading for high priced players that cost high draft picks after being burned by Jamal Adams' injuries in the last big trade. But yeah, he would really help. He is an all pro player and wreaked havoc against Jimmy G in the superbowl

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
HEY! Is that Chris Jones with a new hat?

Commence the dreaming boys and girls :), looks like just a LITTLE bit of smoke here.... or Jones just trolling KC, ho boy