Chris Jones - Championship?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Can the Seahawks pay this guy?

"...As the Chiefs creep closer to their Sept. 7 season opener against the Detroit Lions at Arrowhead Stadium, defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo is still scrambling to figure out where the pass-rush pressure and sacks will come from, particularly if Jones doesn’t end his holdout before then..."
I’d give them a conditional 5th.😎

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm guessing that probably would not get the deal done. :LOL:
Now you understand. I'm seriously curious about Kansas City's plan for him is though while I'm snickering quietly while listening to Cheifs fans in the very epicenter of Chiefs Kingdom. Personally I think it's about the guaranteed money the cap isn't an issue at all.

Last edited:

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
This is the hat from the game last night. Wish it was the other one but that would’ve been kind of scandalous.

Attachments

• 174BF2CC-753F-4616-8591-B13F540A9804.jpeg
    174BF2CC-753F-4616-8591-B13F540A9804.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 27

DJrmb

Reaction score
They had the beat reporter for KC on the radio the other day and he said it would probably take just a 2nd and a 5th to get Jones. I would pull the trigger on that and figure out the cap space.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Now that the 49ers got Bosa's contract done. I'm guessing Chris Jones is going to want to be in the same ballpark as that deal. If you are the Seahawks would you shelve out $30M+ for a DL when you didn't want to give your starting QB that type of money?

morgulon1

Reaction score
They had the beat reporter for KC on the radio the other day and he said it would probably take just a 2nd and a 5th to get Jones. I would pull the trigger on that and figure out the cap space.
I get it, he's a great player but Seattle hasn't played a down yet with the guys they have . In addition he's going to want 25-30 MM per year, what does that say to the young dudes already here? They could figure out a way to trade for him but the contract is what I'd be worried about.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I get it, he's a great player but Seattle hasn't played a down yet with the guys they have . In addition he's going to want 25-30 MM per year, what does that say to the young dudes already here? They could figure out a way to trade for him but the contract is what I'd be worried about.
To me it says if you play elite you get paid elite... I don't see a problem with that. If anything it gives young guys something to aspire to. Might motivate some of them even more. And the ones it doesn't aren't on the upper part of the "competitor scale" and aren't players you keep around anyways.

morgulon1

Reaction score
To me it says if you play elite you get paid elite... I don't see a problem with that. If anything it gives young guys something to aspire to. Might motivate some of them even more. And the ones it doesn't aren't on the upper part of the "competitor scale" and aren't players you keep around anyways.

You think of him as elite? I know he's good but not sure about Bosa money. I'm glad I'm not the GM

DJrmb

Reaction score
You think of him as elite? I know he's good but not sure about Bosa money. I'm glad I'm not the GM
He's the 2nd best DT behind only Aaron Donald by most people's opinion. I'd say he's elite, yeah. He is 29 though, idk how many more seasons of elite you're getting on this next contract? Definitely a consideration.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm torn on this one. He is a stud that one would assume takes us from "they've got a chance" to "no doubt about it" among the elite. But given our track record with acquiring big name players in expensive trades, it makes me nervous.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm guessing that probably would not get the deal done. :LOL:
That’s my mockingly sarcastic reply. I remember when Earl Thomas trade rumors were swirling, I’d check out other teams forums and that was the usual response. Seattle wanted a first + another pick and the yahoo fanbases would chime in with “the conditional 5th” remark.

toffee

Reaction score
Can Jones play nose? or he will be a 3-4 DE? lol, like Jones - Reed - Jones, if the Jones demand double teaming, Reed shall feast.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He's the 2nd best DT behind only Aaron Donald by most people's opinion. I'd say he's elite, yeah. He is 29 though, idk how many more seasons of elite you're getting on this next contract? Definitely a consideration.
Okay I’ll sweeten the deal, a conditional 4th and a pick off our practice squad. 👍